Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

rass
The Dude

Re: Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Post by rass »

It’s a great night but one that makes clear why so many summer songs are about the end of the season.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Buffalo Rass.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Hey guys. Been a minute.

Sorry I've been absent. Doing a little lurking here and there. It's been a rough couple months for your boy.

Wife left me and filed for Divorce in July. Al that shit is settling out now. I came out very well. She took the labs but I've still got my little 3 legged friend with me. Been staying busy working on the house. Met up with some of Columbus, Ohio's finest one evening last month and that was less than pleasant but all worked out now. Had COVID for the last 8 days but on the upswing.

Hope you guys are all doing well and keeping safe. Hoping that the new found bachelordom will be a good excuse to travel a bit more and maybe come hang with some of you folks in the coming months. I'll try and be around more often.

I'm not, fucking, a dude, OK?
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Sorry to hear BSF. But glad to have you back and hope things will take a turn for the better.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Rough couple months indeed. Sorry to hear it, and glad to see you back.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Hey man hope everything comes up BSF here on out
Pruitt3
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Pruitt3 »

Oh shit man, that's brutal.

Things can only get better.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Hey really sorry to hear that buddy. Let me know if you never need an ear. I know it's rough.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

Sorry to hear that BSF…rough couple months going on. I hope fall brings better things.
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Oh man. Sorry to hear that BSF. But take it from me and a bunch of other guys here, you will get through it. You can drop me a line if you want to chat about it.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

welcome back bsf. I get it.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Damn, BSF. Sorry to hear this. If you’re ever back in NE Ohio let me know and we can go out for beers and/or golf.
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Good to hear from you, kid. Chin up and all that. All the best.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

I'm sorry, BSF. My useless advice is to find something you used to love to do and reengage it.
Noli Timere Messorem
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Damn, BSF, that does sound rough. But it sounds like you're turning a corner though; that's good to hear.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
cerranoredux
Brandt

Post by cerranoredux »

Man, if she had left you in June you coulda had a wonderful weekend in Jesey with your Swamply Connect partner!

Sorry to hear this, T. Chin up.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Sorry to hear. Hopefully BSF will stand for Boy (who is) Suckin' (and) Fuckin' as soon as you're ready to get back out there.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Wind blowing between your toes is a feeling that is underrepresented in song. At least compared to something like sand between your toes.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Hard to believe that 2 hours ago I had never heard of the 2nd ranked tennis player in the world or Timmy Trumpet.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Ryan wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:38 pm Hard to believe that 2 hours ago I had never heard of the 2nd ranked tennis player in the world or Timmy Trumpet.
The Mets need to pay him to do that the rest of the season and into the postseason.
Noli Timere Messorem
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I first saw Edwin Diaz's walkout music on some Instagram clip and it was dope as fuck.

Then I YouTube the song and it was uploaded 4 years ago. And Timmy Trumpet seems to have had a redonkulous set at Tomorrowland a month ago.

I feel kinda out of the loop.

Reminds me of the moment EDM/trap music had with Baauer and the Harlem Shake from, checks notes, almost 10 years ago.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
cerranoredux
Brandt

Post by cerranoredux »

Rush2112 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:00 pm I just checked the status of my student loans (on the advice of the Mrs.) and all of them have been forgiven. Never received any verification, but both places to check have a balance of 0$!
Just got the letter that my loans are fucking gone! Read it while walking the dog this morning. $36k… poof! Absolutely mind-boggling. Thanks, Brandon!
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

cerranoredux wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:43 am
Rush2112 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:00 pm I just checked the status of my student loans (on the advice of the Mrs.) and all of them have been forgiven. Never received any verification, but both places to check have a balance of 0$!
Just got the letter that my loans are fucking gone! Read it while walking the dog this morning. $36k… poof! Absolutely mind-boggling. Thanks, Brandon!
wait....how did you get that much forgiven?
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Johnnie wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:40 am I first saw Edwin Diaz's walkout music on some Instagram clip and it was dope as fuck.

Then I YouTube the song and it was uploaded 4 years ago. And Timmy Trumpet seems to have had a redonkulous set at Tomorrowland a month ago.

Reminds me of the moment EDM/trap music had with Baauer and the Harlem Shake from, checks notes, almost 10 years ago.
It's wild to me that so many people would go to a concert of a dude standing there playing 98% pre-recorded music. I'm old.
Totally Kafkaesque
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

A_B wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:25 am
Oh, do teachers fit into that public service I suppose? That's Kool and the Gang.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Shirley wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:42 am
Johnnie wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:40 am I first saw Edwin Diaz's walkout music on some Instagram clip and it was dope as fuck.

It's wild to me that so many people would go to a concert of a dude standing there playing 98% pre-recorded music. I'm old.
I had the same thought. Occasionally hung out with a friend of a friend who made a career out of being a DJ and went to a bunch of his early shows in NYC. It was fun, and while not my scene, I totally got it. First thought was I could see going to a club for this, but 600,000 person outdoor venue seems weird. Looks like my former acquaintence is still in the game. Last I heard he was touring all the big Euro/Asia spots. Started up companies around that world, heading up a music festival in Thailand and founded a group that runs a stage at Burning Man. Good for him, super interesting guy who grew up in numerous countries.

I'm so clueless, not only have I never heard of Timmy Trumpet (gotta have balls to try to overcome a name that lame), I'd never heard of Tomorrowland which is an annual concert with 600,000 in attendance. Fuck!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I don't think its his real name, Syb.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

mister d wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:36 am I don't think its his real name, Syb.
It's Timothy J. Trumpets.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

That's great to hear.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Pruitt3
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Pruitt3 »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:37 pm
That's great to hear.
But don't you feel guilty when you think of whatever the hell it is that the GOP wants you to feel guilty about?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

cerranoredux wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:43 amJust got the letter that my loans are fucking gone! Read it while walking the dog this morning. $36k… poof! Absolutely mind-boggling. Thanks, Brandon!
You're welcome buddy ; )
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Why should I have to pay for Cerrano's debts! And why do the Dem's want Amazon to pay a single penny on their Billions in profits... they create jobs! And doesn't Bezos pay enough? Is 1% actual tax rate is more than a million Dems combined, so he pays more than his share already! And if we tax Bezos, he'll take his ball and go home and stop making money if he had to pay taxes on it.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
cerranoredux
Brandt

Post by cerranoredux »

A_B wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:48 am
A_B wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:25 am
Oh, do teachers fit into that public service I suppose? That's Kool and the Gang.
Yup. The PSLF waiver that came about last October allowed me to reconsolidate my old loans into ones covered by PSLF and have payments since 2007 count towards the 120 needed to qualify. Prior to that, my loans were not even subject to the pause. I did some stupid shit 20 years ago taking forbearance a few times without really taking the time to learn what that would do to my repayment amounts. $30k (grad and undergrad) turned into $60k pretty quick.

It feels good to find out what it’s like to be too big to fail.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

So did that mean paused interest effectively got rolled into principal? I saw a lot on twitter about "I borrowed $60K and now I owe $110K" and I was assuming it was just people calculating principal + lifetime interest if paid off on schedule but the other way would make more literal sense while being far shittier.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I think that’s correct. It accrues interest even if you aren’t paying actively. Not like if you are still in school.
cerranoredux
Brandt

Post by cerranoredux »

mister d wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:45 pm So did that mean paused interest effectively got rolled into principal? I saw a lot on twitter about "I borrowed $60K and now I owe $110K" and I was assuming it was just people calculating principal + lifetime interest if paid off on schedule but the other way would make more literal sense while being far shittier.
That was my situation. I never did an income-based repayment plan, so I am not sure if that is another reason people saw their principals increase over the course of their loans.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The Sybian wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:28 amI'm so clueless, not only have I never heard of Timmy Trumpet (gotta have balls to try to overcome a name that lame), I'd never heard of Tomorrowland which is an annual concert with 600,000 in attendance. Fuck!
Don't feel bad. With EDM it's more likely that you'll hear a song than know the artist. And if you aren't actively reading up about festivals and concerts, you simply won't know.

I only knew of Tomorrowland because I lived in Germany and friends asked if I wanted to go. I think it's the biggest music event in the world and tickets sell out very quickly.

They even have party plane packages where you'll fly in from another country and have passes for the festival. That was the only way some friends of mine were able to go. They had to fly to Romania a week before the event, take part in the festivities there, hop on the party plane to Belgium, and take part in the festivities there. This is replicated in like 10 countries too. It's pretty wild.

They tried to have Tomorrowworld be the stateside equivalent, but that didn't work out so well. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TomorrowWorld
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

I remember that. For some reason they had it in the sticks... As far as atl suburbs go. Also remember torrential rains and storms or something. Maybe floods. Wasn't there of course just remember some buzz.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Johnnie wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:23 pm Don't feel bad. With EDM it's more likely that you'll hear a song than know the artist. And if you aren't actively reading up about festivals and concerts, you simply won't know.
Somewhat appropriate...heard this earlier on KEXP:

Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I'm not sure how rare this is, but I think it's pretty great that all three major professional sports teams in Houston have African-American coaches.

well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto