Pathetic or Awesome Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

The Sybian
The Dude

Pathetic or Awesome Thread

Post by The Sybian »

Old horny guys (late 20's to 40s) hitting up spring break to fuck drunk college girls. Pathetic or awesome?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Re: Pathetic or Awesome Thread

Post by Pruitt »

The answer is obvious: Depends on the result.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Super gross. Wide gap between "going to get drunk and nailing drunk girls" like college dudes and "going because there will be drunk college girls to nail". Rapey.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote:Super gross. Wide gap between "going to get drunk and nailing drunk girls" like college dudes and "going because there will be drunk college girls to nail". Rapey.
You say rapey, I say it is full on rape. Premeditated, well thought out rape. Completely disgusting. I went to Spring Break as a senior, and was disgusted by the scene. Can't imagine going now. 18 yo girls screeching and puking all over the place, while assholes and frat guys fight over who gets to drag the half-passed out girl home to fuck her until she starts to come to.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

It's just super blurry. There's an age of consent so the fact that they are in college shouldn't be relevant. It all lies in the drunkeness of these girls but that same line should be applied to college guys as well. Whether you're 40 or 22, you can't have sex with someone that can't move or talk.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Stuff like this is what makes the Air Force state "If either party has had even 1 drink, consent cannot be given." That's the extreme measure. It's automatically rape. Anyone can see that that's bullshit, but not in the eyes of the military.

In this instance, however, it's the other end of the spectrum and it's fucking scary. Hell, the whole scene is. It's certainly predatory behavior and something so very disgusting.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I'm almost surprised that Dana Schuster isn't a middle aged man herself. That would have been very Post-y.

She seems to have been the Yale Herald's hook-up beat writer. Given the topic of this thread, I liked the "At Yale, Robbing the Cradle Shouldn’t Be a Crime" headline.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

That story just reads like a general description of Ft. Lauderdale.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote:I'm almost surprised that Dana Schuster isn't a middle aged man herself. That would have been very Post-y.

She seems to have been the Yale Herald's hook-up beat writer. Given the topic of this thread, I liked the "At Yale, Robbing the Cradle Shouldn’t Be a Crime" headline.
And you people cry that journalism is dead. Not that the Post was ever journalism. I just can't even imagine trying to bang a college girl. Even in my late 20s. It is painful trying to talk to college girls, especially if they've been drinking.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I just can't even imagine trying to bang a college girl.
Alright...I need to call you out on this. Wut?
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jerloma wrote:
I just can't even imagine trying to bang a college girl.
Alright...I need to call you out on this. Wut?
Trying? No. Actually banging? yes.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Oh, okay. Yeah I didn't even try to bang college girls when I was in college.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

It's super douchey, but I don't see how an older guy taking advantage of some drunk hussies is any rapey-er than a college-age dude doing the same.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

The Sybian wrote:
rass wrote:I'm almost surprised that Dana Schuster isn't a middle aged man herself. That would have been very Post-y.

And you people cry that journalism is dead. Not that the Post was ever journalism. I just can't even imagine trying to bang a college girl. Even in my late 20s. It is painful trying to talk to college girls, especially if they've been drinking.
I read that article last night and it felt so gross.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

P.D.X. wrote:It's super douchey, but I don't see how an older guy taking advantage of some drunk hussies is any rapey-er than a college-age dude doing the same.
I also tend to fall on this side, too. I mean, I don't think a lot of the college guys are saying, "Dude, let's go to spring break, party our asses off, then go back to our hotel room and fall asleep as part of a nine-dude dogpile in our double hotel room!"
“The running, the jumping... a celebration of life.”
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

P.D.X. wrote:It's super douchey, but I don't see how an older guy taking advantage of some drunk hussies is any rapey-er than a college-age dude doing the same.
I think because at my age, I am old enough to know better.

I have a hard time holding a drunk 20 year old guy to a much higher standard than a drunk 20 year old girl. But a 40 year old guy should be looking ahead and see where things can lead.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Steve of phpBB wrote:
I think because at my age, I am old enough to know better.

I have a hard time holding a drunk 20 year old guy to a much higher standard than a drunk 20 year old girl. But a 40 year old guy should be looking ahead and see where things can lead.
I don't think any of us would condone taking unfair advantage. And, I'm in agreement with Steve.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Where does half plus seven come into play here?
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Assuming we aren't talking rape here, there's a world of difference between a college person and a college person getting together while drunk and a 30s/40s guy taking a trip just to be near drunk college girls and hoping one of them slips up.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

As long as an older guy doesn't try to pretend he's 22 and doesn't take advantage of an overly drunk girl who can't tell what's going on, I can't get too worked up about this. These girls are young, but they are adults who intentionally went on a giant party Spring Break trip. Some girls like older dudes. If a guy finds an aware younger chick who's DTF, that doesn't seem too bad to me.

However, I admit that there's a LOT of opportunity for sleaziness and that's probably more likely the case when these dudes hook up.

That said, I can't imagine feeling remotely comfortable in that environment after the age of 25 or so.
Totally Kafkaesque
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

I didn't try to bang drunk college girls when I was 20. Gross and disgusting then, more so with each passing decade.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…