MLB Postseason 2022: ‘Stros vs. Phightins

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Re: MLB Postseason 2022

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Bummer...

(But the better team won...and you can't say that the M's didn't have their chances)
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

What a series. Could’ve easily been a sweep in the other direction.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

I'll go back to Scott Servais using Robbie Ray on two days rest to challenge Alvarez, and then failing to learn a lesson from that the next day (though, he finally learned the lesson later in the game).

Houston's got a better team than Seattle does, but that was tough to overcome.
Noli Timere Messorem
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Yeah well how about the Astros being big cheaty, cheat, cheaters?

(Is that still a thing we're doing?)
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Jesus. The ball just finds a way sometimes. That felt a lot like Mo's BS to the D-Backs in 01.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

LOL where the hell was Clay?
Noli Timere Messorem
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Rex wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:26 pm Managerial blunders already the story and Aaron Boone hasn’t even gotten started yet.
I believe he has gotten started now!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

What a day of baseball yesterday!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Giff wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:27 am What a day of baseball yesterday!
This, but college football.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Giff wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:27 am What a day of baseball yesterday!
Hard disagree.

(Boone is or should be managing himself out of a job here. Pinch running for Stanton when down in the 7th is meh but when you pair it with not defensive replacing Cabrera it makes less sense. And IKF isn’t starting next year so why not just start that in the playoffs?)
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I approve of TBS' post-commercial play in music but not of Gleyber Torres' base running or lack of fucks to give.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

And now Rizzo does it. What is happening?
cerranoredux
Brandt

Post by cerranoredux »

Got tix for Sunday. Brother and I are taking my Dad. Haven’t been to the postseason since the 15-14 World Series game in ‘93.
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

cerranoredux wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:50 am Got tix for Sunday. Brother and I are taking my Dad. Haven’t been to the postseason since the 15-14 World Series game in ‘93.
Game 4 was electric. I was at Game 5 (parts 1 and 2) in 2008, and I think Saturday was louder (maybe because of the weather). I feel very lucky I got to be there.
How do you all get your death notices since I left?
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Reaper wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:24 am
cerranoredux wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:50 am Got tix for Sunday. Brother and I are taking my Dad. Haven’t been to the postseason since the 15-14 World Series game in ‘93.
Game 4 was electric. I was at Game 5 (parts 1 and 2) in 2008, and I think Saturday was louder (maybe because of the weather). I feel very lucky I got to be there.
Phils keep advancing, Iggles are unbeaten, even the Flyers are 2-and-oh. Truly sports heaven in Philadelphia right now.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Until they have a Cowboys fan as a senator!
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

sancarlos wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:54 am
Reaper wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:24 am
Phils keep advancing, Iggles are unbeaten, even the Flyers are 2-and-oh. Truly sports heaven in Philadelphia right now.
Even the #1 seeded in the East Union start their playoffs on Thursday (on the Phillies off day).
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

And its not the most fucked up instance of a Philadelphia sports fan intentionally throwing up on someone else while attending a game.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Mike Schmidt for me.
cerranoredux
Brandt

Post by cerranoredux »

Just looked it up and both Old Original Nick’s Roast Beef and John’s Roast Pork are closed on Sunday, goddamnit. With Jim’s out of commission after the fire, it looks like we’re gonna try Angelo’s Pizza for a cheese steak, and if the line’s too long, we’ll head over to Tony Luke’s or whatever the fuck they’re calling themselves these days.

Also gonna see if my Dad is willing to head up early to watch the NUFC game in the pub but he might not go for it. Could be a really fun day, or a long torturous day. Either way, there will be beer, so I got that going for me.

Which is nice.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

cerranoredux wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:29 pm Just looked it up and both Old Original Nick’s Roast Beef and John’s Roast Pork are closed on Sunday, goddamnit. With Jim’s out of commission after the fire, it looks like we’re gonna try Angelo’s Pizza for a cheese steak, and if the line’s too long, we’ll head over to Tony Luke’s or whatever the fuck they’re calling themselves these days.

Also gonna see if my Dad is willing to head up early to watch the NUFC game in the pub but he might not go for it. Could be a really fun day, or a long torturous day. Either way, there will be beer, so I got that going for me.

Which is nice.
Not to bring this thread down, but I'd give anything to do something like that with my Dad again. Enjoy, buddy!
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

cerranoredux wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:29 pm Just looked it up and both Old Original Nick’s Roast Beef and John’s Roast Pork are closed on Sunday, goddamnit. With Jim’s out of commission after the fire, it looks like we’re gonna try Angelo’s Pizza for a cheese steak, and if the line’s too long, we’ll head over to Tony Luke’s or whatever the fuck they’re calling themselves these days.

Which is nice.
If you were willing to go to South St for Jim's, Ishkabibble's is not a bad substitute.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I’ve never been to Ishkabibble's but it’s on the list because 80% of La Salle basketball players list it as their favorite.
cerranoredux
Brandt

Post by cerranoredux »

Giff wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:50 pm

Which is nice.
Not to bring this thread down, but I'd give anything to do something like that with my Dad again. Enjoy, buddy!
Thanks Giff. He’s esstatic that my bro is coming down from Boston and we’re all gonna meet up. Doesn’t happen often and we know this and we are lucky to be able to this like we used to when we had a 16 game plan at the vet from 1980-1993.

I’m not gonna lie, I know I take him for granted and should really call him more, and taking him doesn’t make up for that, but I think it’s gonna be a blast for everyone and end up being one of those special memories.
cerranoredux
Brandt

Post by cerranoredux »

Reaper wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:00 pm

Which is nice.
If you were willing to go to South St for Jim's, Ishkabibble's is not a bad substitute.
I will look into this. I know I’ve heard the name but never looked it up. There might be an option if we leave from Ventnor to stop at Henri Hotts BBQ in Hammantin on the way up if he doesn’t want to see the NUFC match. Mike’s BBQ opens at 12 and that place has got it going on.I’m loving this 2:30 Sunday start!
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Note to self: when attempting some homoerotic trash talk, be sure you have your teams straight (!)!
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Cleveland winning today after having to sleep in multiple different hotels would probably reset the bar for postseason adversity overcome.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

A_B wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:38 pm Note to self: when attempting some homoerotic trash talk, be sure you have your teams straight (!)!
Bryce Harper is dreamy.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

That won't help Civale's WAR.

(I know its the playoffs. Shut up.)
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Bob Costas is killing me.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Haha good one AB.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Jeez, you think you could count on Cleveland not to lose consecutive clinchers.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

congrats to the Astros
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

AB???
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Dead.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Anyone else get that same series of commercials?

Citizens for Sanity followed by a VW ad completely in Spanish
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Someone pointed out on FB that Francona looks just like the asparagus my GF destroyed.

Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

rass wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:33 pm Anyone else get that same series of commercials?

Citizens for Sanity followed by a VW ad completely in Spanish
They thought it was going to be Braves-Dodgers