Life changes

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

tennbengal
The Dude

Re: Life changes

Post by tennbengal »

Square Rob wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:53 am The fast and slow process of moving abroad just sped up significantly. Finally got our visa’s yesterday. Move ~19th, just in time for Christmas. Would have been significantly quicker if I worked for an efficient company, but nonetheless, it’s finally happening!
Awesome - congrats on getting closer to the finish line!

(Main takeaway from visiting Q in Paris last week is that it is damn close to 100% he is gonna do grad school somewhere in France or Amsterdam)
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

That’s fantastic, Rob.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Awesome news man
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

That’s great news, Bobby P. Swamp ski trip in a couple years?

And Bengal, what is Q studying? Besides « les jeunes femmes parisiennes »?
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

I'm so jealous.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I'd risk the last shreds of patella tendon to do another Euro ski trip. You might ask, GPJ, how can jerking off two dudes at the same time endanger your knee ligaments? Just know that I invented the slalom.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

That’s why you have to switch to mogul as you get older (jacking off one rich guy)
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Congrats, Bob! I look forward to your stories about taking dumps in bunkers at French golf courses.
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Sabo wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:01 am Congrats, Bob! I look forward to your stories about taking dumps in bunkers at French golf courses.
The reverse Van de Velde
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Very excited for you Pentagonz!

And, TB, glad to hear things are going well over there for your spawn.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

L-Jam3 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:42 am That’s great news, Bobby P. Swamp ski trip in a couple years?

And Bengal, what is Q studying? Besides « les jeunes femmes parisiennes »?
he's a french major so full immersion is the real win -he's taking 5 classes - variety of art history, language, literature type stuff. He's pretty much fluent now. I am so proud and jealous. And he's close to fluent in Spanish too, and I keep telling him that will open doors for him, speaking that many languages etc. I assume. I don't know. I barely speak one...
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

pentz, what are you all doing to learn french? Or do you already know it? I assume you want to speak some away from facility.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Square Rob wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:53 am The fast and slow process of moving abroad just sped up significantly. Finally got our visa’s yesterday. Move ~19th, just in time for Christmas. Would have been significantly quicker if I worked for an efficient company, but nonetheless, it’s finally happening!
Excited for you, keep us posted.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

tennbengal wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:10 pm pentz, what are you all doing to learn french? Or do you already know it? I assume you want to speak some away from facility.
Ive been doing Duolingo hard for some time now, but also have a local tutor. Last three weeks I’ve been doing about six hours a week with her. Company is paying for our tutoring, and wife and I both get a one week immersion class when we get over. That said, c’est difficile.
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

Gunpowder wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:00 am I'd risk the last shreds of patella tendon to do another Euro ski trip. You might ask, GPJ, how can jerking off two dudes at the same time endanger your knee ligaments? Just know that I invented the slalom.
Small ski resort 20 minutes from the house. This is view from what will be my new back yard:
8D2A97DE-7F20-430A-93D3-E665E69DFCA0.jpeg
8D2A97DE-7F20-430A-93D3-E665E69DFCA0.jpeg (171.79 KiB) Viewed 144 times
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

Sabo wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:01 am Congrats, Bob! I look forward to your stories about taking dumps in bunkers at French golf courses.
Found the nearest golf course, which is ten minutes from the office. Looks pretty nice! But honestly, I’m not sure how much golf I’ll be playing. So much stuff I want to see.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Square Rob wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:05 am
tennbengal wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:10 pm pentz, what are you all doing to learn french? Or do you already know it? I assume you want to speak some away from facility.
Ive been doing Duolingo hard for some time now, but also have a local tutor. Last three weeks I’ve been doing about six hours a week with her. Company is paying for our tutoring, and wife and I both get a one week immersion class when we get over. That said, c’est difficile.
Awesome. Truly.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Square Rob wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:11 am
Gunpowder wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:00 am I'd risk the last shreds of patella tendon to do another Euro ski trip. You might ask, GPJ, how can jerking off two dudes at the same time endanger your knee ligaments? Just know that I invented the slalom.
Small ski resort 20 minutes from the house. This is view from what will be my new back yard:

8D2A97DE-7F20-430A-93D3-E665E69DFCA0.jpeg
Spectacular!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Yeah, that’s great.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

I think Bob is living the dream for all of us.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.