FC Swamp - The FM Experience

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

mister d
The Dude

Re: FC Swamp - The FM Experience

Post by mister d »

I wonder if going from playing a role in two goals to off the team sheet entirely will have any impact on any unnamed players.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Thesybian is absolutely the name of a Greek-Brazilian superstar
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

JB_TA3.png
JB_TA3.png (33.7 KiB) Viewed 502 times
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

This is great, AB. Thanks again for doing this. Great to watch this from the other side.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

The back line hockey change did not prove fruitful early. After a boring first 25 minutes, Huddersfield presses and Brian misses a clearance that allows BFJ to get beat on the low side. It was reviewed for offsides but the goal was given to put the Swamp down 0-1. However, this just pissed the team off. Less than a minute later things shook down as such off the kickoff.

I left the first part in which was just before the replay so we could see the acrobatic HaulCitgo doing a cartwheel to celebrate.

Huddersfield gets a couple of corners to no avail before this happens in the 45th:

Pentagonz gets right after not starting the last match (something others could learn about in a squad rotation system favored by the gaffer). The midfield continues to dominate opponents. PDX, Rass, Wingman Johnnie and TheSybian all get touches before Pentagonz rifles the low shot in to go up 2-1. PDX with a MOTM display after getting highlighted, which is becoming a bit of a thing and I swear I pick the spotlight player before I play the match.

The second half is mostly a bore and Huddersfield can't make headway as the defense settles in and gives the first choice players a well needed break with a Carabao Cup tie against Premiership side Bournemouth in the offing next week. FC Swamp stay top with all points accounted for through 4 games.
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 10.55.15 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 10.55.15 AM.jpg (96.76 KiB) Viewed 489 times
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Looking at some analytics in the Data Hub. We are a great attacking team, but subpar defensively. We don't clear the ball or tackle the ball as well as most Championship sides. We have to find more consistency at the back to make sure teams aren't able to start picking on us. May take some of nonlinear's suggestions and just reassess how our back line plays. With our team playing so well going forward I will default defenders to a bit more defending than support to try to tighten up.
Last edited by A_B on Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Player Spotlight: SABO!

Sabo is also one of our most well rounded players. A defensive playmaker, Sabo excels at marking and passing. His teamwork is very high but his decision making and determination are his greatest assets, especially anchoring the back of the defense to let the other midfielders get forward. As Co-captain, he has good influence burnished by the aforementioned teamwork. Sabos Flair, pace and work rate have all improved since the beginning of the season. When paired with PDX, the real engine room of FC Swamp thrives. Pundits believe Sabo can set the standard for Premiership Midfielders in the future.
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 11.26.18 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 11.26.18 AM.jpg (31.48 KiB) Viewed 468 times
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 12.04.28 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 12.04.28 PM.jpg (17.22 KiB) Viewed 468 times
A bunch of changes to deal with the slight fixture congestion ahead of the clash with the likely superior Bournemouth, but we were picked as favorites nonetheless.
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 11.40.32 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 11.40.32 AM.jpg (149.4 KiB) Viewed 468 times
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I guess complaining pays off, because we win a free kick in a dangerous spot and MisterD's free kick is terminal, beating the keeper to put the swamp up 1-0 in the 3rd minute.

The rest of the first half passes without much action and we make a few changes at the half and at 60 minutes to keep players fresh. It's nervy until a mistake in the 83rd leads to this:

Sybian, a late sub, collects a deep pass from Sancarlos and rounds the keeper to make it 2-0. Another late sub, chedda, finishes the scoring in the 88th and FC Swamp Rolls on.

MisterD claims the MOTM. so the moral of the story is...complain here and play awesome.
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 12.18.27 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 12.18.27 PM.jpg (91.18 KiB) Viewed 458 times

So the next game against a Premier side will tell if i've overpowered the team too much. Granted Millwall wasn't a strong side but our attack has just been deadly. At worst it will make it easier late in the season to be picking up points now at this pace. I'll play the Carabao cup at lunch but that will do it for today and likely this week as my Friday is somewhat busy. Be good to see where we stand after this tall task.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

A_B wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:19 pm ...and MisterD's free kick is terminal...
Among other things. So brave!
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Quick Injury note: Nonlinear picks up a knock in training and is out 1-3 days. May not be ready for the Cup tie. Young backup Shirley also is out 6-10 days, so GK depth is pretty bad at the moment.

In other news, I have loaned out a couple of swamp players. These were young guys and this will let them develop. Rex may get recalled for central defensive cover, but I anticipate EnochRoot will finish the season on loan. We've had inquiries about MisterD and Citgo, but they've been too good so far to let go.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Also, three players end up in the team of the week!
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 12.26.39 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 12.26.39 PM.jpg (98.69 KiB) Viewed 451 times
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Carabao Cup Round 2 Spotlight: BFJ!

Since BFJ is going to get the start in goal, this is a good time to feature him. A little older but still solid. Shows enough potential that he is rated as a possible good PL goalkeeper in the future. Doesn't command the area and his handling and reflexes are lower than we'd like in a backup, but he's a professional player. Likely needs his defense to step up for him but overall a decent #2 for a Championship side. Need him to step up today and be big and beefy in front of goal.

We are Decided underdogs.

Here is the team. Rass must smile and or sneer a lot.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

TFW your whining pays off:

image.png
image.png (28.08 KiB) Viewed 441 times
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

FC Swamp must be chomping at the bit, because it doesn't take long to get the action started. In the 3rd, goalscorer extraordinaire Turd takes it to the Premier side's defense after a good cross from Pentagonz is mishandled. Turd poaches it to go up 1-0.

We elect to play our standard style, not wanting to get Greggg'd out of the front page so we aren't ready to try to sit on a one goal lead. However, the premier league side starts to dominate possession. We don't see much of the ball and give up a goal in the 10th when BFJ rushes out too far and is chipped. Then in the 19th, Bournemouth convert another to go up 2-1. I was considering slowing our tempo, but now down a goal we stick with our normal tactics.

Bournemouth dominates possession some more, but can't break through with another goal and we make it to the half down 2-1. At half time in this game, I can give a team talk to try to fire the team up. A couple of players were nervous (Giff and TheSybian) but I go with a "It's not been bad but I think you can give more" and the whole team gets a morale boost. However, it doesn't help us with possession and the first few minutes go by defending in our half. In the 53rd:

Turd's 80 yard run after collecting a clearance goes against the run of play and he slides it by the keeper to level the score at 2! I make a couple of tactical changes in the midfield, bringing in MisterD for an uninspired Rass and Tom1860 in for a tiring Cerrano. We get our first spell of ball dominance, controlling it in the Bournmenouth end for about five minutes. In the 62nd we win a free kick, which Bobby Pentagonz stands over:

Midfield general Sabo finds space at the far side and heads it in! FC Swamp up 3-2 with half an hour to play. I do slow our tempo at this point, but we haven't gone into time wasting mode. inevitably, Bournemouth gets loose on the break:

It won't count! The striker is clearly offsides and we dodge a bullet. At 80 minutes, I go into time wasting mode, but we still can't maintain possession. Stoppage time comes and Bournemouth is in all out attack mode:

[+] spoiler
BFJ makes two great saves, Rush clears the ball off a corner rebound and Bournemouth runs out of time! FC Swamp hang a Premiership Pelt on the walls! 3-2 in a thriller! We lose the possession battle 72-28 but we're on to Round 3!
Last edited by A_B on Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

A_B wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:36 pm... bringing in MisterD for an uninspired Rass ...
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Well well well what do we have here:
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 12.44.30 PM.jpg
We actually do get four players called up for International Duty, all for the U-21s.
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 1.45.45 PM.jpg
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

The Sun wrote: Brace for Turd!
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Rass gets a call up to the full Costa Rica squad!
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 2.45.23 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 2.45.23 PM.jpg (29.27 KiB) Viewed 410 times
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

mister d wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:38 pm
A_B wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:36 pm... bringing in MisterD for an uninspired Rass ...
Sit him in front of the tv with a peppermint latté and a heartwarming holiday romance flick, and his inspiration will be right as rain!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

So I messed up a bit and had the computer sim the next match (Buttons too close!). Overall looks like we didn't play that well, and scraped out a draw. However, we are still 5 points clear of second, level on games played.
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 2.44.25 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 2.44.25 PM.jpg (106.95 KiB) Viewed 408 times
Have got to tighten up the defense. I'll play around with some settings and see what I can drum up. With ElFlaco back form injury, everyone has made an appearance except for Shirley who is still hurt and playing for the reserves. but at 16, he'll probably stay there unless we have no other choice.

We drew another Premiership Side for Round 3 of the Carabao - West Ham, who currently have 9 points from 3 games in the league and are tied top.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

A_B wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:46 pm Rass gets a call up to the full Costa Rica squad!

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 2.45.23 PM.jpg
Hope they saved my hotel room for me.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Crimm1.png
Crimm1.png (63.95 KiB) Viewed 369 times
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

A_B wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:26 pmCrimm1.png
That’s great.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Haulcitgo names in team of week after the brace!

Slight favorites, but if I'm being honest I don't think these are correct. We're gonna put them to the sword.

Sabo will miss out with a gashed leg suffered in the last match. Out about a week.
Last edited by A_B on Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Citgo on international duty, so we will be down some depth up front. Which makes me wonder why i open my big mouth.
Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 1.43.23 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 1.43.23 PM.jpg (137.88 KiB) Viewed 338 times
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Nervy start for both teams, who each clang one off the post. Then in the 25th:

Giff makes a probing run and slides a through ball to Turd, who is clinical! 1-0 Swamp!

In the 37th, Carwash, who is feeling apprehensive during the match, likely due to some communication issues with the Boss regarding who wanted keys or something, picks a pocket in the 37th:

He finds Pentagonz heading to the end line and then crosses it to turd who taps it in. Turd on fire and FC Swamp up 2-0.

End to end action to start the 2nd, then Turd is brought down in the box and converts his own penalty. He's having a stormer!

A nice move springs Birmingham in the 70th to cut the lead to 3-1, which is where it finishes. Twitter is at odds over Turd's performance.
Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 1.56.49 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 1.56.49 PM.jpg (33.11 KiB) Viewed 335 times
I'll check on his xG stats and see if analytically he had a good 3 goal game or if he's just a compiler.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

And:

PRUITT GET A CALLUP!
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Forgot to do a player profile, so heres one: RUSH!

Rush is a Fullback/wingback who can play on either side, giving us a nice splash of versatility. While originally I thought this would make him a super sub, he's rated too good to not start regularly. A hard worker at the back, he's lacking a bit in pace, which makes him better suited for a fullback role. Since we're struggling with letting in goals, I've set our fullbacks to be more conservative and this should play into Rush's strengths. Good at long throws, Rush is also one of our better corner takers. Rush has been training well and is improving in a lot of physical/technical aspects. A key part of the team.

Some data on Rush several games into the season:
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

We are heavy favorites for our next match. As such, I will get BFJ another start, but after this match, our next few games are congested, which means I will try to get 3 points today, then there will be more squad rotation coming, though we will rotate our International duty guys back in as well which will help.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Naturally, we give up an early goal after big mouth boss AB can't keep his trap shut.

In the 19th, Rush triggers a throw in. Carwash gets onto it and passes to Mister D who floats a cross to the far post. The keeper can't reach and Pentagonz smashes home his second goal of the season. Nothing happens in the last half hour and we go into the team room all square at the Front Page.

We are a dispirited bunch, and I try a bit of tough love to fire the team up. Reactions are mixed. We get a corner in the 60th:

Rush's initial corner is cleared and chased down by WulAxl who feeds it back to rush. Rush beats his defender and crosses and Turd flushes it in to give the swamp a 2-1 advantage. In the 69th, Sybian takes a ball deep:

He plays it back to MisterD, who supplies a nice cross and naturally, Turd drops it in the bowl. 3-1.

Super sub Chedda comes in for Turd and adds another and FC swamp is running riot at the top of the table.

MisterD is man of the match and proving that our advanced wingers are the strength of our team, scoring and supplying service.
Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 9.04.31 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 9.04.31 AM.jpg (82.47 KiB) Viewed 296 times
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Rass scores in his debut, the only goal in a Nations League win for the ticos!
Last edited by A_B on Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

That last sentence is so mean.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

mister d wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:21 am That last sentence is so mean.
I'm not selling!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Fergie time is when I do my best work.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

A_B wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:07 pm
PRUITT GET A CALLUP!

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 2.08.07 PM.jpg
This makes me so proud!
Canadian International
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Thanks, big mouth boss!
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

rass kind of looks like Vince Carter. Better keep him away from Pruitt.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Played a quick one against Burnley. Good stuff from turd to open the scoring (bad stuff from me not recording it). Then we had two defenders get on the scoresheet, putting us up 3-0.

Syb finds pentagonz, who spots Giff cannonballing down the right wing, carrying the ball for a bit and smashing a screamer past the goalie.

Then, off a corner, Cerrano breaks his maiden connecting on a good pass from Pentagonz.

It's a poor last 30, though, for the swamp and Burnley gets two back. After withstanding heavy pressure (my tempo change backfired) we claw our way out with another win, sending us 9 points clear.

Giff is player of the game after dominating for 60 minutes, "playing out of his boots".
Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 1.31.53 PM.jpg
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

We are comfortable favorites against Bristol City, but I was going to pick a rotated squad anyway.
Last edited by A_B on Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

It's an easy 3-1 win, highlighted by Baloney, wearing the armband, scoring his first goal for FC Swamp.

Brian is man of the match, getting up to full speed after having to miss out on several early fixtures. All three goals were assisted, and for the season, we have 12 players with at least one goal and 13 with an assist. Our attack is just too much for Championship sides.
Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 2.05.20 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 2.05.20 PM.jpg (51.99 KiB) Viewed 237 times