Learn Something Random Every Day Thoughts

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Pruitt
The Dude

Re: Learn Something Random Every Day Thoughts

Post by Pruitt »

sancarlos wrote:
Johnny Carwash wrote:Maybe I'm just getting cranky as I get older, but I'm starting to actively dislike April Fool's Day. About 1 in 10 pranks are actually funny; the rest just come off as needlessly fucking with people as they try to go about their daily business.
You can all it "needlessly fucking with people", but I was quite amused today, when my wife screamed because she sat down on the pot and her ass stuck to the saran wrap my daughter had stretched across the top of the toilet bowl.
The individual pranks are great, but spare me the institutional hijinks and "funny" news stories.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote:
Johnny Carwash wrote:Maybe I'm just getting cranky as I get older, but I'm starting to actively dislike April Fool's Day. About 1 in 10 pranks are actually funny; the rest just come off as needlessly fucking with people as they try to go about their daily business.
You can all it "needlessly fucking with people", but I was quite amused today, when my wife screamed because she sat down on the pot and her ass stuck to the saran wrap my daughter had stretched across the top of the toilet bowl.

That is a hell of a lot better than the ceaseless pranks my daughter pulled the entire car ride home from daycare. "There's a [insert every item conceivable] behind you! Get it! Ha, tricked you!"
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Michael Strahan is the new American's Sweetheart. When did this happen?
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

I love having to fix work servers at 1:41 a.m. It's what I've always dreamed I'd do when I was wee lad.
THERE’S NOWT WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Sirius XM has a billy joel channel from now through june.
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

AB_skin_test wrote:Sirius XM has a billy joel channel from now through june.
Some people are really pissed about it, too.

There is a cop in our parking lot trying to capture and injured/dying ground hog. The thing hadn't moved in over an hour, and it just managed to out maneuver him.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

rass wrote:
Some people are really pissed about it, too..
SiriusXM is staying on message: ’40s on 4 will be back in June, once the Billy Joel station’s 3-month run is over. They don’t seem to understand why it is that people subscribe to satellite radio in the first place, especially people who have bought devices for their elderly parents to enjoy classic music.
That is a long fucking time to these people.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Giff wrote:
rass wrote:
Some people are really pissed about it, too..
SiriusXM is staying on message: ’40s on 4 will be back in June, once the Billy Joel station’s 3-month run is over. They don’t seem to understand why it is that people subscribe to satellite radio in the first place, especially people who have bought devices for their elderly parents to enjoy classic music.
That is a long fucking time to these people.
Enjoy A Lifetime of Billy Joel, now on Channel 4!
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

"Just give him a try grandma. He has some nice songs."

"Bah. It's still rock and roll to me!"
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

If they just played "For the Longest Time" on repeat, no one would have noticed.
“The running, the jumping... a celebration of life.”
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

My wife is upstairs watching 20/20. How can the "reporters" report that drek? They had friggin' Nancy Grace on as an expert!
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

George W Bush is as good of a painter as he was a President...
Johnny Hotcakes
Brandt

Post by Johnny Hotcakes »

Things work out in the end for the hippopotamus. The armadillo, not so much.
Popin' ain't easy
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

They guy who directed the famous movie the Red Balloon (French filmmaker Albert Lamorisse) also is the game inventor of Risk.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Pretty much every home workday at some point, our fifteen-pound tomcat jumps up on my office desk to come visit me. He is very friendly and I generally really enjoy the diversion. Except that he pretty much owns whatever space he's in. So he purrs loudly, demands petting, tromps right across the desk, knocks things on the floor, steps on the keyboard of my laptop, rubs his face wherever possible, and - the big issue - he drools. I wonder how the IT department will react someday when I tell them I have a problem with my company laptop, because of excessive cat saliva in the keyboard.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Students today pitched their scripts to the faculty in order to see which 10 of 60 freshman will get their scripts produced next fall.

One kid said he realized that the drug use in his script would disqualify it from consideration, but he "didn't want to sell out."

A freshman at a community college, keeping' it real.

(While pissing off the Dean) Smart move.

But at least four of his buddies yelled encouragement.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

My sinuses have been horrible the last month or so, which I assume is some sort of allergy issue. I neti potted this morning, as I have been lately. 3 hours later on the PATH train, I was looking down for several seconds, when suddenly a bit of water starts pouring out my nostril. It took a bit to realize what it was. I was surprised snot could be that thin and pour out, then I smelled the saltiness and realized. The older woman standing across from me gave me a seriously puzzled look.
-Pruitt
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

I have terrible allergy issues, especially when I go to Texas. I tried Nasocort this year and so far so good. I survived the trip south last weekend (that included a ton of outside time) with no issues and working in the yard all day yesterday I got a bit of a runny nose but that's it.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

So things have been going great dealing with my Ex since I got back from Australia. A couple of weeks ago, my oldest daughter had her Bat Mitzvah, and I was told that my parents and I were welcome to the ceremony, but if we showed up at the party at a local brew pub that night, the police would be called, and I'd be arrested. While the thought of my 81 year old Mormon parents being frog-marched off to jail does have a certain comedic touch to it, I decided that I didn't want my kid to have to explain that in therapy some years down the road.

Anyways...today my GF and I spent a great day over on the Olympic peninsula. Just a perfect spring day...sunny, warm, and just fantastic. On our way back we decided to stop in to the goofy little tavern in my old neighborhood and sit on the back deck and have a couple of beers. We walk in? And who would you guess was sitting there...my Ex.

The first thought in my head was "wait...where the fuck are my kids?"

Oh, and just to add to the general shit-storm....she owes me $2000. What do you think the odds are of me ever seeing that money?
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

DaveInSeattle wrote:So things have been going great dealing with my Ex since I got back from Australia. A couple of weeks ago, my oldest daughter had her Bat Mitzvah, and I was told that my parents and I were welcome to the ceremony, but if we showed up at the party at a local brew pub that night, the police would be called, and I'd be arrested. While the thought of my 81 year old Mormon parents being frog-marched off to jail does have a certain comedic touch to it, I decided that I didn't want my kid to have to explain that in therapy some years down the road.

Anyways...today my GF and I spent a great day over on the Olympic peninsula. Just a perfect spring day...sunny, warm, and just fantastic. On our way back we decided to stop in to the goofy little tavern in my old neighborhood and sit on the back deck and have a couple of beers. We walk in? And who would you guess was sitting there...my Ex.

The first thought in my head was "wait...where the fuck are my kids?"

Oh, and just to add to the general shit-storm....she owes me $2000. What do you think the odds are of me ever seeing that money?
So where the fuck were your kids?
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

DaveInSeattle wrote:Oh, and just to add to the general shit-storm....she owes me $2000. What do you think the odds are of me ever seeing that money?
That's like 100 pairs of jeans!
Totally Kafkaesque
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I hadn't heard anything about this, previously. Looks like an interesting concept.
NEW YORK (AP) — Neil Young has raised more than $6 million through a Kickstarter campaign to fund the singer-songwriter's digital music project PonoMusic.

Kickstarter closed the campaign Tuesday after it raised $6.2 million through 18,000 supporters. The campaign is the third most-funded project for Kickstarter.

Young's portable player will cost $399 when it debuts in October. PonoMusic will also launch an online music store. The project promises high quality audio compared with other digital tracks that feature compressed audio.

The Kickstarter campaign was launched last month.

Young, 68, named the company Pono after a Hawaiian word meaning righteousness.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

If only Kickstarter campaigns raised money for shit that mattered.

Seriously, this country has too many people with far too much disposable income.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Johnnie wrote:If only Kickstarter campaigns raised money for shit that mattered.

Seriously, this country has too many people with far too much disposable income.
The campaigns matter to the people who fund them. It's pretty simple like everything in life -- if you don't want to contribute, then don't.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

So, the Giants are playing the Dodgers, the Athletics are playing the Angels, the Sharks are starting their playoff series against the Kings, and the Warriors will be starting their playoff series against the Clippers!
#BattlesofNorth/SouthCalifornia
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

sancarlos wrote:So, the Giants are playing the Dodgers, the Athletics are playing the Angels, the Sharks are starting their playoff series against the Kings, and the Warriors will be starting their playoff series against the Clippers!
#BattlesofNorth/SouthCalifornia
O/U on number of deaths in the parking lots?
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Hey, Bronto and Fritz! I didn't know there was such a rivalry between St. Louis and Kansas City. Enjoy the vitriol.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

sancarlos wrote:Hey, Bronto and Fritz! I didn't know there was such a rivalry between St. Louis and Kansas City. Enjoy the vitriol.
I've not really ever been to Kansas City, so I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I will say two things:

1) Anyone from St. Louis really shouldn't be taking shots at just about any city, especially anything related to being a redneck. You get about a couple or three miles outside of downtown STL and that's the pot calling the kettle black.

2) Anyone from St. Louis DEFINITELY shouldn't being taking shots at other city's pizza when they embrace that garbage St. Louis style pizza.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I'm having a really tough week from an emotional standpoint, but at least I didn't hack off my dick and jump off a building.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

"Yeah, torture motherfucker, what. I'll fuckin', I'll fuckin' ... OH MY GOD WE WERE JUST MESSING AROUND AND RECORDING A FILLER SKIT FOR THE ALBUM HOLY SHIT SOMEONE CALL A PARAMEDIC!!!!!!!"
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

brian wrote:St. Louis style pizza.
Had no idea that was a thing..evidently Arch Pizza is bringing it to Denver.

There should be Chicago v. NY in regards to pizza. The rest can feck off.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Rush2112 wrote:
brian wrote:St. Louis style pizza.
Had no idea that was a thing..evidently Arch Pizza is bringing it to Denver.

There should be Chicago v. NY in regards to pizza. The rest can feck off.
Pizza's pretty much like sex. It's good even when it's bad. With the exception of St. Louis style pizza. To continue the sex analogy that's like hacking off your dick and jumping off a building.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

That trade touched more hockey players than Graham James
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote: 2) Anyone from St. Louis DEFINITELY shouldn't being taking shots at other city's pizza when they embrace that garbage St. Louis style pizza.
Never been to St. Louis or knew St. Louis pizza was a thing, but I dated a girl from St. Louis for a while. We were in NY, and she would try to order Dominoes. In New York Fucking City! I put my foot down on that one. I let her talk me into going to TGIFridays in Manhattan once. Took a look at the menu, "$22 for steak on a fucking stick?" Got up and walked out. Unfortunately, she followed, but that's another story. Picked a random Italian place, had a phenomenal meal for half the price. I get angry seeing tourists swarm to crap national chains in NYC. The best restaurants in the world, and you go for frozen and reheated, bland, fat and salt-laden crap? Why fucking leave Paducah? Does a Blooming Onion taste better when the price is doubled?

Sorry, no idea where that anger came from. Probably the six months I wasted on that girl. But she was an animal in the sack.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The Sybian wrote:..But she was an animal in the sack.
We've all been there... Amazing what we overlook for sex.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The Sybian wrote:
That trade touched more hockey players than Graham James
Applause
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Funny that Arch Pizza came up here. My bro-in-law was in town earlier this week. He lives in Denver, but their family is from St. Louis. He told us about Arch Pizza. I went to college in St. Louis and had the pizza there, but didn't realize that was "St. Louis pizza" until last week. I don't know what Brian's complaining about - it's good stuff! Basiclally, it's just thin-crust pizza cut into square slices instead of triangles. The crust is often kinda crunchy. You can eat a ton of the stuff.
Totally Kafkaesque
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

The Sybian wrote: Probably the six months I wasted on that girl. But she was an animal in the sack.
This does not compute. Note highlighted words.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Shirley wrote:Funny that Arch Pizza came up here. My bro-in-law was in town earlier this week. He lives in Denver, but their family is from St. Louis. He told us about Arch Pizza. I went to college in St. Louis and had the pizza there, but didn't realize that was "St. Louis pizza" until last week. I don't know what Brian's complaining about - it's good stuff! Basiclally, it's just thin-crust pizza cut into square slices instead of triangles. The crust is often kinda crunchy. You can eat a ton of the stuff.
Different cheese as well from what I've read.