Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

bfj
Walter Sobchak

Re: Yo, Jews!

Post by bfj »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:03 pm
sancarlos wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:41 am
Pruitt IV wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:36 am "Exodus"
You could see the film version, starring Paul Newman and his classic Jewish blue eyes.
Paul Newman was half-Jewish though. Goldie Hawn's half too. Put them both togehter, what a fine-looking Jew.
OJ Simpson?
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Not a jew
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:41 am
Pruitt IV wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:36 am "Exodus"
You could see the film version, starring Paul Newman and his classic Jewish blue eyes.
What do you have against us blue-eyed Jews?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

[Van Morrison voice]
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

mister d wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:07 pm [Van Morrison voice]
She ain’t going down on an old man w a transistor radio.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

Be careful out there today...

US Jews on alert as white supremacists plan antisemitic ‘day of hate’ Saturday
Experts say white supremacist groups, many of which were pushed underground over the past decades, have seemingly become emboldened in recent years, staging rallies and regularly broadcasting antisemitic content around the US by distributing fliers, dropping banners over highways, and by other means.
This is why when I hear a Jew talk the MAGA party line, I feel like punching them in the face.
Canadian International
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Happy Passover to all who celebrate. I hope you all have a warm and happy Seder tonight.
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

bfj wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:25 am Happy Passover to all who celebrate. I hope you all have a warm and happy Seder tonight.
Thank you!

I echo those words and will just remind folks that we should be grateful that we don't have to eat matzah during the other 51 weeks.
Canadian International
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt IV wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:30 am
bfj wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:25 am Happy Passover to all who celebrate. I hope you all have a warm and happy Seder tonight.
Thank you!

I echo those words and will just remind folks that we should be grateful that we don't have to eat matzah during the other 51 weeks.
You don’t HAVE to eat matzah this week either…
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

You don't HAVE to mutilate your penis, but yet...
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

A_B wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:23 am You don't HAVE to mutilate your penis, but yet...
Damn, dude. That's cold. And on this sacred day we celebrate G-d freeing our people from oppression!

(is this AB's way of telling us he has a turtleneck?)
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Nah, I just did it for fun, not because some book told me.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

A_B wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:08 am Nah, I just did it for fun, not because some book told me.
I hear it's much more fun as an adult. Looking back with my son, I don't think it was a choice so much as the OB/GYN asking if we were doing a ceremonial bris, and when we said no he took the baby and performed the snip.
-Pruitt
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

always remember that a lot Muslim boys get snipped at 7, and many not until they are 13.

Perhaps the only solid proof that we are the so-called chosen people.
Canadian International
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt IV wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:26 pm always remember that a lot Muslim boys get snipped at 7, and many not until they are 13.

Perhaps the only solid proof that we are the so-called chosen people.
I never knew that. 13? Fuck off, get the hell away from my dick!
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Confession: I was 22.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

A_B wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:08 am Nah, I just did it for fun, not because some book told me.
I didn’t do it for that reason, my parents did. Couldn’t care less and I’ve never understood why anybody gives a shit. There are people that get furious over this. Telling me I abused/disfigured my child. Fuck off with that. Some stranger worrying about my kids’ schmeckel and I’m the one who has the issue.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

bfj wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:13 pm
I didn’t do it for that reason, my parents did. Couldn’t care less and I’ve never understood why anybody gives a shit. There are people that get furious over this. Telling me I abused/disfigured my child. Fuck off with that. Some stranger worrying about my kids’ schmeckel and I’m the one who has the issue.
fwiw, I grew up in a place with only a small minority of Jewish people, yet it was obvious in gym class that the vast majority of us boys were circumcised. Is that not still true?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

"LET ME SEE YOUR DICK! I WANT TO SEE EVERYONE HERE'S DICK!"
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

sancarlos wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:16 pm
fwiw, I grew up in a place with only a small minority of Jewish people, yet it was obvious in gym class that the vast majority of us boys were circumcised. Is that not still true?
I think it's definitely less true now. I think every boy I knew growing up was circumcised. It's just what people did. The anti-snipping movement is pretty recent, I believe.
Totally Kafkaesque
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

When we went to Baltimore a few years ago, we spent a day in DC and the main protesters in front of the White House were anti-circumsicion folks.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I'm going to make it my life's mission to remind people that was Andrew Yang's first prominent stance.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Shirley wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:06 am
sancarlos wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:16 pm
I think it's definitely less true now. I think every boy I knew growing up was circumcised. It's just what people did. The anti-snipping movement is pretty recent, I believe.
I knew of one uncircumcised kid in high school, and he was brutally mocked for it.
-Pruitt
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Hopefully he turned it back on all the gazers.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I always get a good chuckle when a thread I'm not dialed into keeps going for days and I'm like "OK, wtf is going on in that one."

Almost never disappoints and this is no exception.

(The only thread I can reliably ignore is Getting the Spins, and that's on me. I just haven't really picked up any new groups and don't really listen to music anymore. Kind of weird, because I was heavily into it up through the 90s and mid-2000s.)
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

We need a post on threads we ignore.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

rass wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:54 am ...
This is it. This is the most rass post ever.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

[Placeholder for where rass quotes another post that is a more rass post than the previous one.]
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

Giff wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:11 am When we went to Baltimore a few years ago, we spent a day in DC and the main protesters in front of the White House were anti-circumsicion folks.
It seems to be a cause regularly demonstrated at the Denver state capitol. When I was working downtown I saw multiple occurrences. I always thought it was a weird thing to publicly protest.
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:57 am [Placeholder for where rass quotes another post that is a more rass post than the previous one.]
This is fantastic.

In looking at the Ignore this Thread thread (I still remember that one, classic nonsense), I see TB quoted me in his sig line. I would love to know the context of that quote, because I can't think of any way that makes sense.

This ad campaign fails on so many levels:

4.) Why is the turd running over a hill?

---The Sybian
-Pruitt
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

GoodKarma wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:16 pm
Giff wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:11 am When we went to Baltimore a few years ago, we spent a day in DC and the main protesters in front of the White House were anti-circumsicion folks.
It seems to be a cause regularly demonstrated at the Denver state capitol. When I was working downtown I saw multiple occurrences. I always thought it was a weird thing to publicly protest.
They’re called “intactivists”.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:35 am I always get a good chuckle when a thread I'm not dialed into keeps going for days and I'm like "OK, wtf is going on in that one."

(The only thread I can reliably ignore is Getting the Spins, and that's on me. I just haven't really picked up any new groups and don't really listen to music anymore. Kind of weird, because I was heavily into it up through the 90s and mid-2000s.)
Isn’t your last name Levine?
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

bfj wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:25 pm
Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:35 am I always get a good chuckle when a thread I'm not dialed into keeps going for days and I'm like "OK, wtf is going on in that one."

One of my better friends, yes. Me, pretty close spelling, but no. I share the same name with a city inside the LA metro area. I've never done the genealogy thing, but unless something crazy happened that everyone's kept very quiet, I'm 100 percent Irish.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:33 am
bfj wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:25 pm

One of my better friends, yes. Me, pretty close spelling, but no. I share the same name with a city inside the LA metro area. I've never done the genealogy thing, but unless something crazy happened that everyone's kept very quiet, I'm 100 percent Irish.
But the Irish are the Jews of Europe. Except for, well, the Jews of Europe.
-Pruitt
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:33 am I share the same name with a city inside the LA metro area.
Does it take 45 minutes to drive 2 miles past you?
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Animals. I’d still eat it though.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

That’s one of those jokes you chuckle at, at first, and then feel bad for doing so.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian