The Pot Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

The Sybian
The Dude

Re: The Pot Thread

Post by The Sybian »

BSF21 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:17 am
bfj wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:08 pm I like these 40 mg gummies.
I got high reading this dude.
Right? 10mg knocks me on my ass. Inidca or hybrid, and I'm unconscious within 2 hours.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

10 has me nicely on the couch for the night. 5 + 10 an hour later put me out. I still kinda want to know what 40 would do but I fear something bad, from like weird online shit to driving to who knows what. I know how I respond to being too drunk; I have no idea how I'd respond to being too high at this point.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

well duh... try it. Answer is likely still sleep.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Day late, and probably the wrong thread, but Happy Bicycle Day to those who celebrate or have celebrated in the past.

(Jimi on bass.)
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:19 am 10 has me nicely on the couch for the night. 5 + 10 an hour later put me out. I still kinda want to know what 40 would do but I fear something bad, from like weird online shit to driving to who knows what. I know how I respond to being too drunk; I have no idea how I'd respond to being too high at this point.
I'm tempted to try if I ever have the house to myself. I did try the triple threat of an edible, vape pen and bud (thanks Sancarlos!) when the wife was out of town and my daughter went to bed. Son is oblivious, so I went for it. Went with my usual dose of all three. Worked out great! The beauty of weed is if I start to panic, I just tell myself nobody has ever OD'd on weed, and it'll pass in a few hours and just enjoy the ride.
-Pruitt
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

mister d wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:19 am 10 has me nicely on the couch for the night. 5 + 10 an hour later put me out. I still kinda want to know what 40 would do but I fear something bad, from like weird online shit to driving to who knows what. I know how I respond to being too drunk; I have no idea how I'd respond to being too high at this point.
I did that once, but not on purpose. Picked up what I thought were 5mg and they wound up being 20.

I... Did not like it.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Maybe I've told it but I got a cookie from Sabo & Mulligan's friend last time I golfed with them. Said to take it easy, so I just had a 1/4 one day when we had nothing going on. Then didn't think it was hitting at all so had another quarter. I couldn't move. Legit it was a challenge to stand. Maybe I've told this story here before.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Yeah when I went to see Wonderwoman I took a big gulp of one of those super-strong THC beverages and had to get up at some point to pee and felt like I was walking like a gonzo journalist after a hit of the ether.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

P.D.X. wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:55 pm I took a big gulp of one of those super-strong THC beverages
First time I had one I'm glad all I had was about half. I was glued to my chair...
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Rush2112 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:35 pm
P.D.X. wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:55 pm I took a big gulp of one of those super-strong THC beverages
First time I had one I'm glad all I had was about half. I was glued to my chair...
I saw there is a 500mg beverage on the market. That is just fucking dangerous.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

A_B wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:43 pm Maybe I've told it but I got a cookie from Sabo & Mulligan's friend last time I golfed with them. Said to take it easy, so I just had a 1/4 one day when we had nothing going on. Then didn't think it was hitting at all so had another quarter. I couldn't move. Legit it was a challenge to stand. Maybe I've told this story here before.
In Kentucky, cookie bakes you!

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:39 pm
I did that once, but not on purpose. Picked up what I thought were 5mg and they wound up being 20.

I... Did not like it.
Couple years back I smoked a post dinner pre-roll with a buddy, with very minimal smoking experience. Lots of cigars tho, so I looked like BJ on a Facebook post. Checked the label at the end, 376mg THC.

NOT a fun next 3 hours before sleep took me.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

And for the record 7.5 mg and one beer last night had me indacouch watching hockey
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I've always had the opportunity, but I've actually never tried it once. I guess 48 is too old for your first try, right? It's like one of those things that you have to accept passed you by, like starting a rap career.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Nah.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I started just a couple of years ago at 44 ish.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

My Mom and Dad tried it for the first time at 58 and 63, respectively. I still remember my Mom saying "I don't think I feel anything, but why do I really want a chocolate chip cookie?"
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I was out aside from sporadic nights for over 15 years. Both my mom and mother in law have atleast been curious recently and they’re even older than you, LJam!
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Giff wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:28 am My Mom and Dad tried it for the first time at 58 and 63, respectively. I still remember my Mom saying "I don't think I feel anything, but why do I really want a chocolate chip cookie?"
My older brother gave my Dad some gummies when he was going through treatment for bladder cancer back in 2017 to get his appetite up. He was (checks math) 79 at the time. Which makes me chuckle as my Dad tried pot gummies and got his first tattoos (little “X” marks to focus the radiation treatments) at that age.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

L-Jam3 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:17 am I've always had the opportunity, but I've actually never tried it once. I guess 48 is too old for your first try, right? It's like one of those things that you have to accept passed you by, like starting a rap career.
Hard disagree. I went over 15 years without using, but drinking. I find alcohol much worse for you and disruptive, but pot still carries some stigma because of 90 years of propaganda and then the War on Drugs as a scheme for Republicans to convict Dem voting hippies and minorities to take away their right to vote.

I was trying to talk my parents into trying it a couple weeks ago, my dad to help his appetite during chemo, as whatever meds the doctors gave him didn't work, and my mom because she wasn't sleeping for a few weeks worrying about my dad. Doctor gave her Ambien, which I'm sure is much worse and more dangerous that pot, but she wouldn't even consider it. I offered to go to the dispensary for them while they were in town, but they wouldn't consider it.

ETA: Plus, it's so much more regulated, controlled and safer. You buy it in a very clean, nice store with friendly and informed employees rather than buying from a kid in a park. It's gotta be much safer buying from a commercial enterprise rather than through a cartel and onto street hoodlums. I don't know how accurate and consistent they are with dosing, but my limited experience seems pretty similar across brands and packages, and I've never heard stories of issues.

I've heard a few people complain about the enormous tax and high price, because apparently it's super cheap to manufacture, but compared to alcohol, edibles and vapes are insanely cheap. I paid $30 for a bag of 10 10mg gummies. Most nights I use, I just eat half a gummy and I'm nicely baked. $1.50 for a level of intoxication that would require at least 4 or 5 drinks, and I wouldn't want to drink that much almost ever.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Will never understand the pearl-clutching from these goobers while alcohol still out here killing a quarter million people a year in the US.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

True. That guy in the thread, Jeff Schultz, is a good follow.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

This is going to be a fun night. My manager IM'ed me right as the edible started to kick in. Seemed like a simple question, so I answered her now rather than worrying about it. 45 minutes later, we are still pouring through a confusing spreadsheet of employees with ADA accommodations deciding if their doctors notes are sufficient. Then she asks me to write up our conversation for the CHRO to weigh in. Glad I only ate half a 10mg, still functioning but that indica is kicking in now.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

We had a guy start Monday that failed his drug test. I think we don't test for marijuana now that we have operations in a state where it's recreationally legal, so that would mean it was something else. But I could be wrong for corporate office policy.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

A_B wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:16 am We had a guy start Monday that failed his drug test. I think we don't test for marijuana now that we have operations in a state where it's recreationally legal, so that would mean it was something else. But I could be wrong for corporate office policy.
As long as it's illegal federally, you can fire someone for testing positive for weed even in a state where it is legal, even if they have a valid prescription. Many jobs with federal contracts must have Drug Free Workplace policies to maintain the contract. And some state with legal weed specify that employers can fire for positive weed tests for jobs that involve driving, using heavy machinery, first responders... A few states passed laws protecting employees from being fired for positive weed tests with no proof of on the job intoxication, I'm expecting more will follow suit.
-Pruitt
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Couldn’t have waited until 7/1 when it’s recreational? Not so smart.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

To be honest, I’m a little nervous about it going recreational. I never got a medical card because I’m not sure I should have the keys to that candy store.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

bfj wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:41 pm To be honest, I’m a little nervous about it going recreational. I never got a medical card because I’m not sure I should have the keys to that candy store.
Are you buying from an old school dealer or something?
-Pruitt
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

PANNN-DEM-IC
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:29 pm
bfj wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:41 pm To be honest, I’m a little nervous about it going recreational. I never got a medical card because I’m not sure I should have the keys to that candy store.
Are you buying from an old school dealer or something?
No. I have friends w cards who reach out when they are going to the dispensary. I buy when they go. I still buy a lot. But the idea of just stopping whenever I want to buy what I want is something that I think about. I went to AZ and went nuts in a dispensary for a 48 hour visit. The maid in my hotel room got a nice tip, assuming she uses weed or vapes.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

bfj wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:40 pm Couldn’t have waited until 7/1 when it’s recreational? Not so smart.
Pretty sure rec won’t allow that either…
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Yeah, I've never been to a dispensary that allows you to smoke on premises.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:46 am Yeah, I've never been to a dispensary that allows you to smoke on premises.
Only samples I've ever seen was a cookie company on site giving samples of the cookie without the weed. Sure, it tastes like a mediocre chocolate chip cookie, great. Do people really care what the edible tastes like as long as it isn't horrible? And I think it's pretty easy to make a gummy taste good.
-Pruitt
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

tennbengal wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:04 pm
bfj wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:40 pm Couldn’t have waited until 7/1 when it’s recreational? Not so smart.
Pretty sure rec won’t allow that either…
I guess I should have gone with the orange font.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Happy legal pot eve for all who observe here in maryland. Picking out my spot to get in line early tomorrow.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

In a very chill line.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Seems like I might have been in Boston at or around kickoff. I also enjoyed the line.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

HaulCitgo wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:44 am Seems like I might have been in Boston at or around kickoff. I also enjoyed the line.
I really enjoy the complete lack of lines now that dispensaries have been open for awhile. Last visit, in and out in one minute.
-Pruitt