SWAMPCRASH MARCH MADNESS CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Gunpowder
The Dude

Re: SWAMPCRASH MARCH MADNESS CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK

Post by Gunpowder »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:27 pm https://www.songfacts.com/facts/95-sout ... here-it-is

Interesting. The South Florida “regional hit in the black community” didn’t make its way to my white Northeastern suburb. Sounds like Tag Team may have stolen the song.

Miami Bass was huggggge here according to all my locally born and raised friends, but very little of it made it outside of Miami.

Minneapolis is kind of like that now, they have a huge rap scene with a ton of artists I like but very little makes it outside of MSP.

EDIT: Reading that link and I knew about none of this. Thanks for opening up my eyes, Citgo!
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Figures my one miss would be the triple jump. You said there were three jumps, so I assumed triple was the 3rd. Didn't think about pole vault.
Totally Kafkaesque
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Shirley wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:10 pm Figures my one miss would be the triple jump. You said there were three jumps, so I assumed triple was the 3rd. Didn't think about pole vault.
You didn't remember the whole "Dan vs Dave" ad campaign that got derailed because O'Brien didn't post a score in the pole vault at the Olympic Trials?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:11 am
Shirley wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:10 pm Figures my one miss would be the triple jump. You said there were three jumps, so I assumed triple was the 3rd. Didn't think about pole vault.
You didn't remember the whole "Dan vs Dave" ad campaign that got derailed because O'Brien didn't post a score in the pole vault at the Olympic Trials?
That’s exactly how I justified pole vault being in the decathlon.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:11 am
Of course, but I saw "3 jumps" and just focused on that. I did three jumps in track, so those were the three in my head. Not my best work.
Totally Kafkaesque