Happy Father’s Day 2023

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Happy Father’s Day 2023

Post by brian »

No stolen valor for me this year. I stayed inside all day. But happy Father’s Day to all y’all that have impregnated someone.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Re: Happy Father’s Day 2023

Post by HaulCitgo »

You don't get new socks for the impregnating part
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

Fancy new keyboard that looks like I'm typing up a light show, Indigo (Canada's Amazon) gift card and a bottle of 12 year old Aberfeldy Highland Malt.

Have definitely had worse days.
Canadian International
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Went to the beach (shore) and got one of those cute presents where it’s partially because the kid also wanted it (bacon infused olive oil that, a few weeks ago, when I sampled a half dozen diff ones my youngest kept eating that).
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

I went rogue and played 3 rounds of putt-putt golf with an old friend of mine. Dads play for free with another paying customer. they probably had the idea that most dads would have brought their kids - NOT THIS ONE.

i am eternally 12.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

My family is in Michigan for a graduation so I have spent most of the weekend completely vegging out while texting A_B acting like I’m not upset at all his MLB team swept mine.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

MaxWebster wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:10 pm I went rogue and played 3 rounds of putt-putt golf with an old friend of mine. Dads play for free with another paying customer. they probably had the idea that most dads would have brought their kids - NOT THIS ONE.

i am eternally 12.
I love everything about this.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Had an excellent meal at the British pub up the street (with some Glenallachie 12) then went and worked on the 8-year-old's baseball skills. Also quafed a few Weldwerks IPAs last night and enjoyed sleeping in!
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Had a perfect Father's Day weekend. WFH'ed in the morning both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday went to my parents for the four-generation get-together. Lasagna, my brother taught my son hold 'em, then played Telestrations. Sunday we watched Rocky I in the afternoon, then grilled some ribeyes and corn in the husks. L-Jam4 finished a few circuits on Mario Kart 8 on 200 ccs, and he tried his first sip of beer (Yuengling).

ETA: And I got lots of meows from my fur-sons. Can't forget that.
Last edited by L-Jam3 on Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

I posted mine in the MLB thread. Watched the Cubs lose, napped, then had my daughter over for Chicago Dogs I had shipped to me.

It’s going to be a busy week, so yesterday was Father’s Day and my birthday all in one.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Solid weekend over here. Spent almost all of Saturday catching up on yard and house work having been mostly not home for over a month. Might not sound "fun" but some of the mess in and outside the house has been driving us nuts.

Yesterday we hosted the family - We made parmesan crusted shrimp with a caesar salad, others brought ribs and wings and potato salad. Fucking feast. Watched a lot of golf, then the USMNT win a trophy.

I have today off, so we're gonna walk up to Whole Foods and grab some artichokes to go with the steak and lobster tails we have in the fridge.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:38 am I posted mine in the MLB thread. Watched the Cubs lose, napped, then had my daughter over for Chicago Dogs I had shipped to me.

It’s going to be a busy week, so yesterday was Father’s Day and my birthday all in one.
Whose?

I got turned onto Vienna Beef dogs at Mel's Hot Dogs back when I lived in Tampa 30 years ago. Rochester and Buffalo both put out quality dogs (Sahlen, Zweigles, respectfully), but Vienna Beef is tops.
Noli Timere Messorem
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

EnochRoot wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:57 pm
Steve of phpBB wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:38 am I posted mine in the MLB thread. Watched the Cubs lose, napped, then had my daughter over for Chicago Dogs I had shipped to me.

Whose?

I got turned onto Vienna Beef dogs at Mel's Hot Dogs back when I lived in Tampa 30 years ago. Rochester and Buffalo both put out quality dogs (Sahlen, Zweigles, respectfully), but Vienna Beef is tops.
I've been ordering from Portillo's the past few years for my birthday/Father's Day.

Edit: If it doesn't say Vienna, it's just another hot dog.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Whose?

Mel's is looking for a new owner after 50 years. Can't imagine it'd be all that easy to sell a small family business like that. His daughter is an attorney and I doubt she's giving up that career to sling dogs. She may be an only child.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

govmentchedda wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:03 pm

Whose?

Mel's is looking for a new owner after 50 years. Can't imagine it'd be all that easy to sell a small family business like that. His daughter is an attorney and I doubt she's giving up that career to sling dogs. She may be an only child.
Wow. Yeah, I suppose I get that. He's got an institution right there next to Busch Gardens, and Chicagoland down I-75 to the Tampa Bay area remains strong, no? I'd like to think that building / business would attract someone willing to relocate.
Noli Timere Messorem
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

EnochRoot wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:10 pm
govmentchedda wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:03 pm

Whose?

Wow. Yeah, I suppose I get that. He's got an institution right there next to Busch Gardens, and Chicagoland down I-75 to the Tampa Bay area remains strong, no? I'd like to think that building / business would attract someone willing to relocate.
That neighborhood was never great and hasn't gotten better. Busch Blvd is one long eyesore from 275 to Temple Terrace. You'd think it would survive, and hopefully it will, but I'm not optimistic.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.