Fuck America

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Re: Fuck America

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Yeah, back to the hot dog discussion... I love them. And I've had so many that I started to fuck around with them. Here's a set-up I had last weekend:

* American Cheese
* Barbeque Sauce
* Sliced Pickle Spear
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

Fucking ketchup and yellow mustard on a hot dog. Brown mustard on any other sausage.

I can’t find it in me to hate America yall. Trump supporters drove me insane, but even among my friend group back home in fuckin Alabama everyone recognizes he’s a pos except one or two. We have a few die hard trumpers as satellite people in our group but they mostly shut up about it. Generally I still have a lot of hope and faith in the country. Living in France has only made that stronger. We meet so many people that really truly love our country. The older people will mostly be eternally grateful for what they remember from ww2, and their kids share that sentiment. A lot of the young kids idolize the American ‘lifestyle’ and when they meet us get super excited and say it’s their dream to go to the US. It’s happened enough that it’s become almost expected.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

1) Traditional Chicago Dogs really don't feature spicy sauces or fancy mustards. It's your basic French's yellow mustard, neon green relish, onions, tomato slices or wedges, a pickle, possibly semi-spicy peppers, and celery salt. On a sesame seed bun.

2) These traditional low-tax Republicans mentioned above ... if they are still supporting Trump, it's because they've convinced themselves that the Democrats are "just as bad." They focus on things like use of the phrase "pregnant people" instead of "pregnant women," gay pride parades featuring guys who are nearly naked, cancel culture, etc. Which, okay, some of those things are kinda dumb and annoying, but compared with what we've seen with Covid, January 6, Russia, etc.? AYFKM?
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Theyve got a couple Chicago dog places here but they're bad. Like not even the right ingredients bad. No dogs better than the legit yellow Vienna Chicago dog. But barring that onions, mustard and relish.

As for the USA, I like it. Could be a lot worse. Helps to have lots of cash. Or be completely broke. Lower class but not broke like drafting 12th in the NBA over and over again. No hope. And stop with the Trump already. It's liberals who bring him up more than his fans
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Citgo has a good point about bringing it up. I tend to have a full bag of fuck yous at the ready at all times, and that probably isn't healthy.

I really need to give relish a shot. I love the pepper relish on hoagies, I gotta imagine pickle relish would make anything markedly better.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

HaulCitgo wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:35 pm And stop with the Trump already. It's liberals who bring him up more than his fans
I have never in my life even contemplated putting a politician's flag outside my house or waving from my vehicle. I had an Obama sticker on my old Honda, and that's about it for that type of shit.

So, I guess I kind of see your point, but if you're talking about the 25-30 percent Trump cultists that run around in their shitty red hats and Fuck Biden t-shirts (and more flags.) Maybe you haven't seen as many YouTube videos as I subjected myself to about these assholes chastising people for wearing masks.

So, sorry, hard disagree. They want the confrontation. They want to "own the libs" and make you feel sihtty and uncomfortable.

Talking about relish, that's exactly what they're doing with that shit.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Maybe but I've seen plenty of Obama shit of every kind imaginable so you hate flagpoles and hats?
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I've never seen a non-minority have any sort of Obama t-shirt nor anyone at all waving flags from their golf carts at the beach from 2016-2020 with what they think are witty jokes about about trump. There is no denying that the average trump fans are way louder than any liberal has ever been about their choice of politician.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

I know who in our (small) development had a Trump sign up prior to the 2020 election, as well as who has a blue lives matter sticker on his truck.

Most of my extended family vote Republican and watch Fox News. Most live in the same mostly rural county in Ohio that voted 80% for Trump in 2016 and 84% in 2020. My dad has been roped in by Fox News, as he has mentioned how much he enjoys "Gutfeld" and that it is the highest-rated late-night show in TV (I don't care enough to research and refute, if needed), as well as asking if our oldest kid's school is teaching them CRT. I held my tongue on that last one instead of replying, "If you're worried their school is teaching that, you're really not going to like what I'm going to teach them." I have also explained to our oldest that asking their extended family to use their preferred pronouns (they informed us a couple years ago that they are fluid, their best friend came out as trans about the same time) means explaining to them why, which might be a very difficult conversation where the other people will not understand.

I've also had a discussion with my wife that if my dad makes another racist comment in our house, he will be instructed to leave and that will be his last visit.

I am an asshole, but I'm trying to be better. Drove to/from Ohio twice in a five-day span to bring my mom up for a visit and return her home and I am extremely tired of rural America, their signs, their flags, and on and on. I will not give up my intolerance for shit like this.

I also do not eat hot dogs.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:50 amI also do not eat hot dogs.
Why do you hate America?

Oh.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Sometimes I think the kids will be alright if we could just euthanize all the old people (except me and my wife, of course.)
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

sancarlos wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:23 am Sometimes I think the kids will be alright if we could just euthanize all the old people (except me and my wife, of course.)
And then obviously grind them into hot dogs. Problem solved!
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

This looks pretty good:

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Way too much sour cream.

I'm a Chicago-style if it's available, but I also have a small dog quest to try the signature dog if I'm in a city that has a place.

When my wife and I went on our first date we went for beers at whatever that super beer place near BU that went under was called. She was a T/bike rider so I offered her a ride home. By chance, I'd parked in front of a hot dog place (Spike's Junkyard Dogs) and we decided to have a hot dog nightcap. Because of this our annual blowout party is a Haute Dog party that we have fixings for all sorts of signature dogs and I brew 15 gallons of homebrew. It's a good time.

Hot dogs rule.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
cerranoredux
Brandt

Post by cerranoredux »

Rush2112 wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:39 pm Way too much sour cream.

I'm a Chicago-style if it's available, but I also have a small dog quest to try the signature dog if I'm in a city that has a place.

When my wife and I went on our first date we went for beers at whatever that super beer place near BU that went under was called. She was a T/bike rider so I offered her a ride home. By chance, I'd parked in front of a hot dog place (Spike's Junkyard Dogs) and we decided to have a hot dog nightcap. Because of this our annual blowout party is a Haute Dog party that we have fixings for all sorts of signature dogs and I brew 15 gallons of homebrew. It's a good time.

Hot dogs rule.
My life’s mission has now been revised in order to incorporate repeated attendance at this party.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

cerranoredux wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:50 pm
My life’s mission has now been revised in order to incorporate repeated attendance at this party.
Swampers have been invited.

Haute Dog partys 8
Swampers in attendance 0
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Oh hey. You're still in Colorado, right? You have to have gone to this place:

The one time we visited Denver, the now wife and I walked passed this place and stopped in despite having eaten. It was excellent.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

I usually only put ketchup on hot dogs. Fuck all y'all.

As for 'Murica - I kind of live two different lives. My house in Cary is in a pretty swanky neighborhood. No Trump flags or stickers anywhere nearby. But when I go to my beach condo, I drive through rural eastern NC and our condo is right between two beach trailer parks. Trump flags, trump stickers, blue lives matter flags, and confederate flags galore. I don't even trust most of the other folks at our condo - mostly old conservative folks. In fact, some asshole at our condo donated a flag of every military branch (yes, including Space Force) and now we put up 6 fucking flagpoles and fly those flags for weeks around any vaguely military or patriotic holiday. Makes our condo look like a military retirement home or something. I hate it but don't want to be the asshole who brings a complaint about it.
Totally Kafkaesque
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Shirley wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:58 amI hate it but don't want to be the asshole who brings a complaint about it.
This is so insidious. The psychology of this (and I’m the same way) is a big reason why fascism succeeds. Very few people want to publicly come out against militant Patriotism.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I used to have a Spike’s t-shirt, from Providence. I remember that being a great hot dog, really good rolls?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

Rush2112 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:06 am

Haute Dog partys 8
Swampers in attendance 0
I got one but that was the year you canceled or rescheduled for some reason…if you’re still doing it I’m in.
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

rass wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:06 am I used to have a Spike’s t-shirt, from Providence. I remember that being a great hot dog, really good rolls?
Massive, kinda close to French bread.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
cerranoredux
Brandt

Post by cerranoredux »

Rush2112 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:06 am

Haute Dog partys 8
Swampers in attendance 0
I would bring some pretty decent haute dogs to the show if I ever accomplish my mission. Jalo cheddar, kraut dogs (dogs with the kraut incorporated), Texas weiners, and lamb hot dogs. So much haute. Goddamnit I want a hot dog.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Is the all beef worth it? Daughter claims not to eat pork so decision is kind of made for me but the meat ain't that great unless I'm splurging on quality which seems dumb with a hot dog. Will say the one that still are connected at the ends do taste better but I ain't really buying that and not sure it's an option at the Kroger. A grill and toppings and bread make it tasty but wouldn't it work with the chicken pork beef scrap meat too?
cerranoredux
Brandt

Post by cerranoredux »

HaulCitgo wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:46 pm Is the all beef worth it? Daughter claims not to eat pork so decision is kind of made for me but the meat ain't that great unless I'm splurging on quality which seems dumb with a hot dog. A grill and toppings and bread make it tasty but wouldn't it work with the chicken pork beef scrap meat too?
Hebrew National makes a good beef dog, but given the choice, nah dawg. Going all pork or a pork and beef mix. And no matter what, when you have a hot dog, you’re living on a prayer, anyway.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

mister d wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:48 am
rass wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:06 am I used to have a Spike’s t-shirt, from Providence. I remember that being a great hot dog, really good rolls?
Massive, kinda close to French bread.

Yup, very bready. The off menu dogs were the better dogs. They had a rueben dog that was excellent.

Yes, John, been to Biker Jims more than a few times, they also have a booth at Coors Field if anyone catches a game.

And karma not sure we're up for this year as all sorts of shit is happening when we usually have it (early September) have to have a sit down with the wife and the Cul De Sac folks and see what's what.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

cerranoredux wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:51 pm
HaulCitgo wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:46 pm Is the all beef worth it? Daughter claims not to eat pork so decision is kind of made for me but the meat ain't that great unless I'm splurging on quality which seems dumb with a hot dog. A grill and toppings and bread make it tasty but wouldn't it work with the chicken pork beef scrap meat too?
Hebrew National makes a good beef dog, but given the choice, nah dawg. Going all pork or a pork and beef mix. And no matter what, when you have a hot dog, you’re living on a prayer, anyway.
Natural casing is the way to go as well. Damn I miss Mackenzie Meat dogs from VT, and Market Basket (in MA) store brand is a quality dog as well.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

HaulCitgo wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:46 pmIs the all beef worth it?
Yes.
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

• i was on a nice peaceful long bike ride this morning on the buffalo rails-to-trails track and headed into (racist) north tonawanda (i.e. i should have known). Went off-trail while chasing down an eagle :) and biked by a yard festooned with lunacy and the centerpiece was a huge sign saying 1-20-21 The Beginning of The Nightmare or some such shit. Damn spoiled a nice suburban corner yard, too. And never could find another glimpse of said eagle.

these are the only hot dogs i'll eat 'round here, and grilled of course.

DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Found out there is a Moms for Liberty group for the county I live in and that they marched in the July 4 parade in my town through a local "letter to the editor".
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Why the fuck are there 7 hot dogs in that package?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

mister d wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:19 pm Why the fuck are there 7 hot dogs in that package?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

absolutely fair critique. It causes mismatch issues. short straw gets a bun of ketchup for dinner.
mister d wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:19 pm Why the fuck are there 7 hot dogs in that package?
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

MaxWebster wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:49 pm • i was on a nice peaceful long bike ride this morning on the buffalo rails-to-trails track and headed into (racist) north tonawanda (i.e. i should have known). Went off-trail while chasing down an eagle :) and biked by a yard festooned with lunacy and the centerpiece was a huge sign saying 1-20-21 The Beginning of The Nightmare or some such shit. Damn spoiled a nice suburban corner yard, too. And never could find another glimpse of said eagle.

these are the only hot dogs i'll eat 'round here, and grilled of course.

I’m a huge fan of Sahlen dogs. IMO, they’re better than Zweigles’ red & white hots.
Noli Timere Messorem
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

MaxWebster wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:03 pm absolutely fair critique. It causes mismatch issues. short straw gets a bun of ketchup for dinner.
Steve Martin gets arrested over this issue in Father of the Bride.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Baltimore hot dogs often have a fried slice of bologna on top of them. Because we all need more salty meat.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

if you can call bologna that ammirite?
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Fried bologna surprisingly solid. I can't really eat them anymore cause I had it for an entire summer but the taste is way better than the cold version. Night and day.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

fried bologna and american cheese sandwiches are hella good.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Smoked bologna ftw.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto