Fuck America

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Fuck America

Post by A_B »

Giff wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:58 am Smoked bologna ftw.
BBQ place next to my office that has that as a special every once in a while. It's pretty excellent. They serve it on texas toast and is otherwise a BLT. I like bologna cold and fried as well.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I gotta throw a bologna on my Traeger at this point.

Smoked bologna sounds awesome.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

El Guero Canelo is the most famous Sonoran Hot Dog spot in Arizona and quite good, but their quality has gone down a bit. Roadside hot dog carts are just as good.

cerranoredux
Brandt

Post by cerranoredux »

Holy shit! Been to two of these places, neither of which are in NJ. I’ve been to the Weiners Circle which is not holy shit-worthy cause everybody who has been to a Cubs game has been there, but Eddie’s Footlong was a staple of my childhood during visits to Meadville which is where my mom grew up. Same paper bag and everything.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

cerranoredux wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:45 pm
Holy shit! Been to two of these places, neither of which are in NJ. I’ve been to the Weiners Circle which is not holy shit-worthy cause everybody who has been to a Cubs game has been there, but Eddie’s Footlong was a staple of my childhood during visits to Meadville which is where my mom grew up. Same paper bag and everything.
Iirc, isn’t Gunpowder from Meadville?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Wieners Circle is great, esp if a friend takes you there without telling you why.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
blundercrush
Brandt

Post by blundercrush »

I really need to try a Seattle dog to see if it's all that, but I do like grilled onions/peppers.

There is a large thick line to me between "we should argue over some policy about how best to manage things X, Y, and Z" and "I don't believe a % of the population are actually human, and I'd prefer the poor were actually just enslaved" If Republicans were just the former, sure, we can have a discussion. But if they are also part of the latter, fuck no, you fucking fascist I hope you fucking die.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

blundercrush wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:27 am I really need to try a Seattle dog to see if it's all that, but I do like grilled onions/peppers.
The enjoyment of a Seattle dog goes up in direct correlation to a) how late it is, b) how many beers you've had, and c) how loud the band was....
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Special shoutout to the guy I saw yesterday driving his partially rusted-out pick-up with a confederate flag window decal that was probably just as old as his license plates, which were from two designs ago, over 300 miles from the Mason-Dixon Line.

Fuck you, racist piece of shit.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:54 pm Special shoutout to the guy I saw yesterday driving his partially rusted-out pick-up with a confederate flag window decal that was probably just as old as his license plates, which were from two designs ago, over 300 miles from the Mason-Dixon Line.

Fuck you, racist piece of shit.
Dude in front of me at the gas station was wearing a MAGA hat had his shitbox Ford pickup covered in pro Tr*mp bumper stickers and shit.

He looked like Methy Claus too. Just a clearly deranged white dude who's living a delusion day after day.

I'm glad he didn't start talking to me. I could see him staring at me while I was reading the nonsense.

Also happened past a couple bumpkins while out on my daily walk with their pop tent up and "DON'T INCORPORATE VAIL" protest going on. They weren't in a populated intersection. Just on a side road with minimal traffic. Looked like oafy losers trying to fight progress.

(Vail is an unincorporated 'city' that's part of Tucson, but could very well support itself at this point. It's turning into the 'burbs, but started as an area for people wanting to be 'in the rural area.' Being unincorporated means our tax dollars go to the county. And there's a fight to keep it 'rural.' It's silly, but whatever.)

All these regressive fuckers suck.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Here's a story about how the MAGA/Republicans have completely broken this country...

A gay couple ran a rural restaurant in peace. Then new neighbors arrived.

As soon as she spotted the lifeless vermin, Tiffany Foster had a hunch about how it appeared near the trash bins behind the Front Porch Market and Grill in The Plains, Va. The general manager went inside, pulled out her phone and reviewed security-camera footage. Her suspicion was confirmed: The dead rat had been tossed onto the property.

The suspect? Mike Washer. The businessman and his wife, Melissa, first complained to the Front Porch proprietors about pre-dawn vendor deliveries in 2019, not long after the conservative Christian couple moved their financial firm right next door to the restaurant, which flies a gay Pride flag. The renovated building doubles as the Washers’ residence, where they have a front-row view of the Front Porch’s operation.

By the time the rat appeared last summer, the relationship between the two businesses had devolved. A year earlier, the Washers had started filing complaints about their neighbor’s trash with the health department. Fed up with what they viewed as harassment, the Front Porch owners filed a no-trespassing order against their neighbors. The Washers responded by installing signs to prevent diners from parking in spaces the Washers own in the shared lot. They confronted or towed drivers who ignored the signs. Their attorney threatened legal action against the restaurant’s suppliers if their trucks continued to “trespass” in the lot. The same attorney wrote a town official, challenging the restaurant’s right to operate under its existing permit.

Still, when she spotted the rat last August, Foster was not prepared for what she saw on the video: Mike Washer flipping the rodent onto the Front Porch’s property and taking photos of it, in what she assumed was a staged effort to flag health officials about an infestation. Foster remembers thinking, “I cannot believe that someone would stoop so low to try to put someone out of business.”
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

Words fail me...

Canadian International
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt IV wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:57 pm Words fail me...

Should we start a “SNL or Real Campaign Ad” thread? That guys beard can’t be real, right?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Fucking MAGAnets. How do they work?
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

They don't. No one smart would hire them.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Dragging this over from the less appropriate "IRONY" thread to a more apt location:
DSafetyGuy wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:06 pm
Shirley wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:40 pm We're seeing this trying to find a place for my son near Penn. Rents are super high.

My vague understanding of this ongoing housing issue is that it's in large part due to Airbnb. You have companies buying up houses, apartments, condos, etc. in cities so they can rent them out on Airbnb. This is creating a housing shortage and driving up prices. I haven't checked, but I bet you're seeing an opposite downward pressure on hotel room prices as they have so much more competition now.
Funds are also buying individual homes (even up to building entire developments) as traditional rental properties. Why give up control of the asset when you can make the same amount of money while saving your renter the hassle of all that mortgage paperwork? Many are also eliminating the "local" rental office/landlord so when renters have problems and never get help because they get funneled into a loop without any response, they end up moving elsewhere, allowing for another, often larger, rent increase.
And the reason why I drag that over is for this article. Please note that you are very likely to feel sadness and/or rage after reading.

The vulture fund that picked American newspapers apart has a new target

If you don't believe people who say, "capitalism kills", please think about the end result for residents in that story based on America's economic system and government.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

The White Lives Matter rally in town on Saturday was over before I drove past its location.

If you clicked on that and need an explainer about the sign mentioning swans, here's a link and please know that multiple suspects were non-white.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

"The teens reportedly believed the swan was "just a very large duck," and did not realize she was not a wild animal but property of the village of Manlius, Hatter said."

Sorry, that's fucking hilarious.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:43 pm "The teens reportedly believed the swan was "just a very large duck," and did not realize she was not a wild animal but property of the village of Manlius, Hatter said."

Sorry, that's fucking hilarious.
Spencer Hall had the exact same reaction to that phrase, so, I am with you. That dumb story made the NY Times and was part of the reason I included the second link.

My wife told me she had to explain to our eldest what had happened in light of the community reaction. (I would sum it up as "a bunch of people who do not normally give a shit about the swans suddenly giving an abnormally large amount of shit about the swans".) Their conversation eventually came around to how this same citizenry who were so bent out of shape over a swan do not care one iota about the teenagers in town who commit suicide.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Does it make me a bad person if I wondered how swan would taste? Especially in a hot dog casing?
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Fuck my state so hard, especially those in College Station. Just from the last few weeks.

How dare someone be an African-American who once worked for the New York Times?!

Texas A&M recruited a UT professor to revive its journalism program, then backtracked after “DEI hysteria”

How dare someone utter any word against our Lt. Gov. even though no one can even tell us what was said?!

Texas A&M suspended professor accused of criticizing Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick in lecture

We hate it here and really wish we had acted sooner to leave.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I just sent that to the Dumb People Town podcast.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:59 pm Fuck my state so hard, especially those in College Station. Just from the last few weeks.

How dare someone be an African-American who once worked for the New York Times?!

Texas A&M recruited a UT professor to revive its journalism program, then backtracked after “DEI hysteria”

How dare someone utter any word against our Lt. Gov. even though no one can even tell us what was said?!

Texas A&M suspended professor accused of criticizing Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick in lecture

We hate it here and really wish we had acted sooner to leave.
Just as I was stewing in my jealousy over BBQ. I wouldn’t trade the bullshit politicians in your state for your BBQ. I’ll settle for Taylor Ham, egg and cheese.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

As the great Ice Cube said before he sold out

“Fuck Amerikkka still with the Triple K”
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!