Ask Jeeves...Road Trip Edition

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

wlu_lax6
The Dude

Ask Jeeves...Road Trip Edition

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Okay so trip is Boston -> Providence -> New Haven -> Princeton -> Timonium -> DC

So don't need Timonium - >DC...but

looking for recommendations for things to do/see/eat in
Quincy
Pawtucket
Providence
New London/Mystic or Hartford (know there was a thread on that like a week ago)
New Haven
or anything on the New Haven->Princeton leg (go 95 or 278 through Brooklyn/Staten Island)
mister d
The Dude

Re: Ask Jeeves...Road Trip Edition

Post by mister d »

If you're in Quincy, you should see about getting out of there and heading up to Boston. Believe there are multiple red line stops.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

mister d wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:24 am If you're in Quincy, you should see about getting out of there and heading up to Boston. Believe there are multiple red line stops.
Well my son will have just finished 2 weeks in Cambridge that includes some venturing into the city proper. We have also done a bunch in Boston, so willing to explore. Atlas Obscura and Roadtrippers basically make the NE seems like the <insert name> house are your only options for things to do.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:24 am If you're in Quincy, you should see about getting out of there and heading up to Boston. Believe there are multiple red line stops.
Boston, eh? Never heard of it, I’ll stick with Quincy, thanks.

I ate at a great Egyptian restaurant near Mystic once. Maybe 2 miles down the road from the touristy shit. I was there late, and the waitress/owners daughter gave me the story behind the family opening the restaurant, details about all the dishes, etc… incredibly friendly, and she was absolutely stunning. Don’t remember the name or what I ordered, but it was great.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Quincy has water. Blue hills are close. History im sure but havent done it. Navy museum but youre from maryland so might not compare... havent been. JFK museum but a couple stops on the red line. From my passing through mostly residential and retail.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Messed up. Tried to add a quincy quarry drunken teenage death joke
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

The JFK library/museum is pretty cool. The first Dunkin Donuts is in Quincy.

Adams historic site and there's Wollaston Beach if you want overly expensive seafood and to be caught in traffic!
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Rush2112 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:01 pm The JFK library/museum is pretty cool. The first Dunkin Donuts is in Quincy.

Adams historic site and there's Wollaston Beach if you want overly expensive seafood and to be caught in traffic!
The first Dunkin was on a place to stop if we are nearby. Feel like JFK library is going to make the cut