Re: To the extent it comes up: Trump crap post-WH years

Post by Rex »

yeah I was thinking that might be one of the countries he goes to
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Rex wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:54 pm
EnochRoot wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:42 pm I think we're a lot closer to Trump fleeing the country than we were yesterday.

I think I am here too. Without getting into the merits of this case at all, I can imagine that Trump's defense team will feel pretty good about the potential role of the Georgia Supreme Court (which is loaded with GOP appointees and not afraid to reverse in high profile criminal cases). But for Trump to get to that point, he has to sit through the entire trial (which will be long) in a courthouse that is not fancy, on TV the whole time, and (gasp!) surrounded by black people. This guy hates being anywhere other than NYC or South Florida. Is he really going to spend months of whatever remains of his life in downtown Atlanta?
I don't think he goes to NYC much anymore, he is always in Bedminster, NJ.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

sancarlos wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:01 pm
EnochRoot wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:42 pm I think we're a lot closer to Trump fleeing the country than we were yesterday.
I wish he would flee to Russia. That would put a lump in throat of his supporters. Really, there are very few countries that would welcome and shelter him. I could see him going to Hungary or Turkey.
Don’t sleep on Saudi Arabia but yeah Hungary or Turkey make the most sense. For whatever it’s worth Hungarian women might be the hottest in the world.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

“Arraigny night in Georgia”.🎶
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Here's a gift link to the NY Times annoted version of the GA indictment:

The Trump Georgia Indictment, Annotated
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Just saw this... How did Jenna Ellis go from this Tweet to being one of the most ardent Trump attorneys pushing the rigged election cases forward? Astounding. Also not sure what she did to piss off Trump supporters, but it's hilarious seeing these assholes ruin their lives and careers for Trump only to have Trump and his supporters turn on them. Everyone hates Jenna Ellis!

-Pruitt
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:22 pm
No, in one week he will release an IRREFUTABLE REPORT providing evidence the election was stolen. Amazing reading his cultists on Twitter, they are 100% convinced he has the goods. Blows my mind that he can constantly promise evidence in a week, fail to deliver anything, and the MAGAts still fall for this shit. Why would he wait 3 fucking years to release his irrefutable evidence? And when is JFK Jr. going to resurface as a Republican and install Trump back on his throne?
He burst on the scene claiming he had investigators in Hawaii that would soon provide irrefutable proof that Obama's birth certificate was fake, and he would produce the "real" one. He's been doing this for over 15 years on Fox.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:51 pm
No, in one week he will release an IRREFUTABLE REPORT providing evidence the election was stolen. Amazing reading his cultists on Twitter, they are 100% convinced he has the goods. Blows my mind that he can constantly promise evidence in a week, fail to deliver anything, and the MAGAts still fall for this shit. Why would he wait 3 fucking years to release his irrefutable evidence? And when is JFK Jr. going to resurface as a Republican and install Trump back on his throne?
He burst on the scene claiming he had investigators in Hawaii that would soon provide irrefutable proof that Obama's birth certificate was fake, and he would produce the "real" one. He's been doing this for over 15 years on Fox.
I remember that well... That was back in the days when I hate watched and listened to RW media to understand what they were peddling. "It's unbelievable what my people have found! It's 100% proof he was born in Kenya, and I will show you the proof next week, you won't believe how incredible the proof is." Just like he will show us his taxes after the primaries/election/inauguration. The funny thing is, even the first time he said this shit, it was incredibly obvious he was lying. It's like watching a 4 year old lie their way out of getting in trouble. I still can't believe people are dumb enough to fall for this shit.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Dontcha just love stochastic terrorism?

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Fucker needs to have his bail revoked until trial. Even if he’s acquitted would totally be worth it.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

mister d wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:56 pm
Neither Kyle Griffin’s tweet or the article it references claimed that Trump supporters revealed the jurors’ names. They merely posted their names to a violent / fringe website.
Noli Timere Messorem
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Johnnie wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:37 am
It amazes me that he's not one of the indictees. Is he even one of the unindicted co-conspirators?
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

There's a lot of things I find repugnant about Roger Stone, but one unique to him is if you're going to carry yourself like a Batman villain, don't be all indignant when the Feds come down on you.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

EnochRoot wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:16 am Neither Kyle Griffin’s tweet or the article it references claimed that Trump supporters revealed the jurors’ names. They merely posted their names to a violent / fringe website.
I read that they also posted their addresses on the website.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

With all of his legal troubles and the minor thing of running for President, Trump still finds time to publicly complain about Fox and Friends using an unflattering picture of him. Are there any other kind of picture of Trump? Also, the weakest excuse for being too big of a pussy to debate.

-Pruitt
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

Giuliani Repeatedly Sought Financial Lifeline From Trump
[+] spoiler
He didn't get it!
Rudy is beloved by all!
A legal-defense fund set up by friends to raise $5 million for him in 2021 took down its website after raising less than $10,000.
Canadian International
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Anyone want to bet that Trump surrenders to the GA officials on Wednesday, to steal the spotlight from the first Republican Debate that evening?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Well now that you mention it, no bet.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:42 am Anyone want to bet that Trump surrenders to the GA officials on Wednesday, to steal the spotlight from the first Republican Debate that evening?
Sounds like his MO, but he already planned his live chat with Tucker Carlson for the same time.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:23 pm
DaveInSeattle wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:42 am Anyone want to bet that Trump surrenders to the GA officials on Wednesday, to steal the spotlight from the first Republican Debate that evening?
Sounds like his MO, but he already planned his live chat with Tucker Carlson for the same time.
Yeah “officially” Thursday now.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I'm in shock, Trump never released his irrefutable proof that the election was stolen in GA! Meanwhile, all his shitheal worshippers will forever believe he did release the proof and it was irrefutable.
-Pruitt
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Interview with Tucker has already been taped. Trump to release taped interview with Tucker Carlson, skipping GOP debate
Former president Donald Trump intends to skip the first Republican presidential primary debate in Milwaukee on Wednesday and instead plans to post a prerecorded interview with former Fox News host Tucker Carlson that will be released that night, according to a person briefed on the matter said Saturday.

Trump advisers said the interview had already been recorded. It is not yet clear where the interview will appear. Carlson has started a show on X, formerly called Twitter, but Trump sees the platform as a rival to Truth Social, which he helped create.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

BeckyHammon’s hoodie wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 pm
I'm surprised. Wonder if he's having to check the couch cushions to dig up enough cash for his $200K in bail money.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Just saw a video of Tupac ripping Trump from 1992. Dude was so far ahead of his time.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I think it’s dumb for him to skip the debate, considering the candidate who wins a GOP debate is the first one to drop the N-word. He’d be the prohibitive favorite.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Baloney
The Big Lebowski

Post by Baloney »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:25 pm
I'm surprised. Wonder if he's having to check the couch cushions to dig up enough cash for his $200K in bail money.
Would it be illegal for his PAC to pay the bond?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Baloney wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:52 am
DaveInSeattle wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:25 pm
Would it be illegal for his PAC to pay the bond?
It should be, but Super PACs seem to be able to spend on anything without limits. Once again, he is going to grift millions to pay his $200,000 bail. The incredibly successful billionaire who doesn’t need to fundraise, yet is constantly begging for money.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Maybe bail there is different, but in KY you usually only have to come up with 10% of it to be released. Obviously depends on the charges and other situations, but that's my understanding.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

A_B wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:17 am Maybe bail there is different, but in KY you usually only have to come up with 10% of it to be released. Obviously depends on the charges and other situations, but that's my understanding.
Is that 10% paid to the court, or 10% to a bondsman who pays the court the full amount? If the first one, why not just set bail at 10% lower in the first place?
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:49 am
A_B wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:17 am Maybe bail there is different, but in KY you usually only have to come up with 10% of it to be released. Obviously depends on the charges and other situations, but that's my understanding.
Is that 10% paid to the court, or 10% to a bondsman who pays the court the full amount? If the first one, why not just set bail at 10% lower in the first place?
Court, I believe
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

A_B wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:58 am
Court, I believe
Fortunately I never had to post bail, so I don't know anything about the actual workings.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:10 am
A_B wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:58 am
Court, I believe
Fortunately I never had to post bail, so I don't know anything about the actual workings.
Had a friend get popped for a DUI. Not ideal!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The year after I got out of college, I unfortunately learned how bail works (at least, in Colorado in the 1980s).

You either put up the full bail amount, or for a 10% fee, the bail bondsman would put the full amount up for you.

(Hence the plot of Midnight Run, when Charles Grodin skipped bail, and the bail bondsman offered a reward to bounty hunters to bring him in.)
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

sancarlos wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:43 am The year after I got out of college, I unfortunately learned how bail works (at least, in Colorado in the 1980s).

You either put up the full bail amount, or for a 10% fee, the bail bondsman would put the full amount up for you.

(Hence the plot of Midnight Run, when Charles Grodin skipped bail, and the bail bondsman offered a reward to bounty hunters to bring him in.)
How about a cream soda?
Noli Timere Messorem
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

lulz

Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

EnochRoot wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:59 am
sancarlos wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:43 am The year after I got out of college, I unfortunately learned how bail works (at least, in Colorado in the 1980s).

How about a cream soda?
I'm gonna go get some donuts.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

All of us likely saw it a dozen times each, but Midnight Run is a fantastic movie and if you've never seen it you need to change that post haste.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

L-Jam3 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:38 am All of us likely saw it a dozen times each, but Midnight Run is a fantastic movie and if you've never seen it you need to change that post haste.
Seen it, but I am afraid it may have been a cable edit. Probably need to revisit it.