Random Politics

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

The Sybian
The Dude

Re: Random Politics

Post by The Sybian »

Why do the Dems keep running this clown. Did I vote for him? Yes, but only because the Republican candidate had a legit shot of winning. Worse, I had to write a $1,000 check to avoid attending a fundraising dinner for the candidate, as he was on the Board of my wife’s hospital system. And that got me on a lot of mailing lists, even Devin fucking Nunez!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The fact that dude is still in Congress is a fucking farce. He's been nothing but crooked for years and years. It's good to know he can stay in the Senate but Al Franken can't.

NJ has a Democratic governor. So hopefully he gets removed and a new person gets appointed.

Edit: dumb autocorrect
Last edited by Johnnie on Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

I knew this Menendez was bad news when he killed his parents
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:47 pmNJ has a Democratic governor. So hopefully he gets removed and a new person gets appointed.
Murphy has called on him to resign.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Great opportunity for someone with bright ideas and no other commitments for the time being. Senator Rodgers has a nice ring to it.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Rex wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:13 pm I knew this Menendez was bad news when he killed his parents
Brilliant!
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Johnnie wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:47 pm The fact that dude is still in Congress is a fucking farce. He's been nothing but crooked for years and years. It's good to know he can stay in the Senate but Al Daniel can't.

NJ has a Democratic governor. So hopefully he gets removed and a new person gets appointed.
Al Franken?
Noli Timere Messorem
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

EnochRoot wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:27 pm
Johnnie wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:47 pm The fact that dude is still in Congress is a fucking farce. He's been nothing but crooked for years and years. It's good to know he can stay in the Senate but Al Daniel can't.

Al Franken?
Yes. Dumb autocorrect.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Surveys conducted July 8-10, 2016, and Aug. 29-Sept. 1, 2023, among representative samples of 2,001 and 3,982 registered voters, respectively, with unweighted margins of error of +/-2 percentage points.

https://pro.morningconsult.com/analysis ... ass-survey
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Skeptical of all polls and surveys. Whenever I see a survey, I just ask myself “who is answering these things?” I know that if I get a phone cold call or an email for a survey, I just hang up or delete it.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

sancarlos wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:15 am Skeptical of all polls and surveys. Whenever I see a survey, I just ask myself “who is answering these things?” I know that if I get a phone cold call or an email for a survey, I just hang up or delete it.
Would Mr D post this poll if it had the exact opposite of his personal predispositions?

No? OK. Then it’s bullshit.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

More of this, please:

sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I’m sad to note that the new job that my daughter is loving may be affected by this BS.

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:19 pm I’m sad to note that the new job that my daughter is loving may be affected by this BS.

If it's any consolation, I think this is going to be a quick one. McCarthy seems to not want to do this, but is caving to Trump, Gaetz and the rest of the lunatic fringe. The Senate doesn't want this, and overwhelming public sentiment is that the GOP is to blame, and anyone with an ounce of sense realizes we can take Trump at his word here, that he is pushing this solely to make Biden look bad.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I saw some headline that Democrats may float the idea that they'll throw their support behind McCarthy if he gives Jeffries a say in leadership.

It'll never happen, but that's definitely something to think about.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Haha.

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

See you in 45 days!

Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

So is the Bowman thing true? If so, dude should resign right?
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Giff wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:23 pm So is the Bowman thing true? If so, dude should resign right?
With George Santos still in Congress? Fuck that noise.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I think Newsom wanted to avoid favoring any of the three election favorites that want Feinstein’s senate seat - Adam Schiff, Katie Porter, and Barbara Lee.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

sancarlos wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:37 pm I think Newsom wanted to avoid favoring any of the three election favorites that want Feinstein’s senate seat - Adam Schiff, Katie Porter, and Barbara Lee.
That is most of it but he also promised to appoint a Black woman. But seems fair to not confer the power of incumbency on an election 12 months from now.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

If he named a House member, would he then name a replacement to the House Member? And would the replacement get the Committee seats?
-Pruitt
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:41 am If he named a House member, would he then name a replacement to the House Member? And would the replacement get the Committee seats?
House seats generally stay vacant until a special election is held.

I’m nervous seeing Porter run for Senate because I don’t know if the Dems can hold her House seat.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:14 am
The Sybian wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:41 am If he named a House member, would he then name a replacement to the House Member? And would the replacement get the Committee seats?

I’m nervous seeing Porter run for Senate because I don’t know if the Dems can hold her House seat.
She's definitely in a red district, but I'm pretty sure I'd give up that House seat to put her in the Senate.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

govmentchedda wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:27 am

She's definitely in a red district, but I'm pretty sure I'd give up that House seat to put her in the Senate.
I don’t think the Dems can afford to give up any seats right now.
-Pruitt
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:49 am
govmentchedda wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:27 am

I don’t think the Dems can afford to give up any seats right now.
Yeah, with the House as close as it is, Porter's VORR is much higher than her VORS.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

216-210.

What a shitshow.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

The mayor of Memphis won with 24,408 votes. Someone looking for a weak dealer could game that.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Former baseball star Steve Garvey running for California U.S. Senate seat
Former Major League Baseball player Steve Garvey announced Tuesday he is running for U.S. Senate in 2024 to fill the seat formerly held by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), who died earlier this month.

Garvey, a Republican, has no political background and faces long odds in a state where Joe Biden defeated Donald Trump by nearly 30 points in the 2020 presidential election. But the former baseball star, who played for the Los Angeles Dodgers and the San Diego Padres, is hoping his name recognition will give him a boost.
I guess he's hoping that the sex scandal stuff is far enough in the past that folks won't remember it...
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Fuck Steve Garvey.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:34 pm Former baseball star Steve Garvey running for California U.S. Senate seat
Former Major League Baseball player Steve Garvey announced Tuesday he is running for U.S. Senate in 2024 to fill the seat formerly held by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), who died earlier this month.

Garvey, a Republican, has no political background and faces long odds in a state where Joe Biden defeated Donald Trump by nearly 30 points in the 2020 presidential election. But the former baseball star, who played for the Los Angeles Dodgers and the San Diego Padres, is hoping his name recognition will give him a boost.
I guess he's hoping that the sex scandal stuff is far enough in the past that folks won't remember it...
He’s running as a Republican, a sex scandal can only help him (unless it was a gay sex scandal).
-Pruitt
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:20 pm
DaveInSeattle wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:34 pm Former baseball star Steve Garvey running for California U.S. Senate seat

He’s running as a Republican, a sex scandal can only help him (unless it was a gay sex scandal).
Found this when trying to refresh my memory about his...

AMERICA'S SWEETHEART
LIFE MAY SEEM AN IDYLL FOR STEVE GARVEY AND HIS NEW WIFE, CANDACE (LEFT), BUT BASEBALL'S MR. CLEAN IS THE BUTT OF JOKES ABOUT HIS SEX LIFE, AND HE SAYS HE IS BROKE

Bumper sticker: HONK IF YOU'RE CARRYING STEVE GARVEY'S BABY. Bob Hope: "I haven't seen so many gorgeous girls since I spent Father's Day with Steve Garvey." Letter in the L.A. Times: "It's been a long time since Steve Garvey went two for two." T-shirt: STEVE GARVEY IS NOT MY PADRE.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Some guys just can't stop committing crimes..

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Trump could commit identity fraud and rob his donors and still get their donations and vote
-Pruitt
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Additional charges for Menendez and his wife.

These fucking guys. Just total amateur shit. Him and Santos are in Congress. You can legally insider trade and make more money doing that. Completely above-board. More proof of the utter mediocrity of professional politicians.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I assume a guy like Menendez is probably compromised and couldn't stop this shit even if he wanted. Not that that's any better.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »