Halloween Boo'ing

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

rass
The Dude

Re: Halloween Boo'ing

Post by rass »

Chute and beer giveaways are a go. Sun has left my front yard and I’m trying to convince myself I left enough room for the fire pit in the area I taped myself into.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

rass wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:56 pm Chute and beer giveaways are a go. Sun has left my front yard and I’m trying to convince myself I left enough room for the fire pit in the area I taped myself into.
Crime scene tape set up. Grabbers for distance. Bandit mask and cowboy hat ready
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

A_B wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:38 pm
rass wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:56 pm Chute and beer giveaways are a go. Sun has left my front yard and I’m trying to convince myself I left enough room for the fire pit in the area I taped myself into.
Crime scene tape set up. Grabbers for distance. Bandit mask and cowboy hat ready
Reach..for..the sky
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

If I stay cold I’ll keep drinking and if I keep drinking I’m gonna keep yelling a the cars that drive too fast on my street and if I keep yelling I’m eventually gonna end up in the middle of the street and thus far the cop who lives across the street who just got home 30 minutes ago hasn’t come out to help me yet...
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

The chute was a huge hit. We ran out of candy just now. Had more than expected. Close to 300 kids came through.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

rass wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:07 pm If I stay cold I’ll keep drinking and if I keep drinking I’m gonna keep yelling a the cars that drive too fast on my street and if I keep yelling I’m eventually gonna end up in the middle of the street and thus far the cop who lives across the street who just got home 30 minutes ago hasn’t come out to help me yet...
I’ve yelled a bit too. Stupid. Basically one night a year to be extra careful.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Ended up hanging out with the super nice (I know!) Canadians down the street for a bit when it was clear that t&t was down this year. And they just got a puppy.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

We ended up getting to know a family down the street better and setting up a get together when things aren’t shit.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

There is literally no one out Trick or Treating around here. Very unusual.

(Covid is out of control here.)
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:54 pm There is literally no one out Trick or Treating around here. Very unusual.

(Covid is out of control here.)
We had far fewer than usual. Probably 30 percent.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

We didn't have a single visitor. But then again, the trick or treaters we typically get are parents and their toddlers dressed up. I'm guessing Mom and Dad realized it was really for their own memories, so they just eschewed it this year.
Noli Timere Messorem
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

We did our cul de sac and the next one over. Everyone had separate bags of loot set out. Everyone not wearing a costume mask had a mask mask on. Had a couple of beers, but no fire it as there's a fire ban. Sadly only one 100 Grand in the kids loot.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Margaritas a hit for the adults again. Ran out of candy with 30 minutes to go, as per usual. You'd think we could remember to buy enough at some point.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I actually got to go with the kids this year since I normally stay back to hand out candy. My in-laws handed out candy and jello shots. Got back and it was 4-0 so I took some jello shots myself. Which obviously turned it all around.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

We had probably about 1/3rd of the number that we usually have, which was surprising because it was a beautiful day/evening.

Didn't do the Adult Treats (frozen margaritas) because I wasn't sure how receptive people would be having a stranger hand them a cocktail in these Covid Times. I did put my mask on every time I opened the door.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Rush’s family won Halloween with their Harry Potter costumes.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

We got about 400 kids. Probably 80% of pre-Covid amount.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

bfj wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:36 pm Rush’s family won Halloween with their Harry Potter costumes.
Thanks, and I got to reuse to the Obi Wan robes from last year! Isobel's Hedwig killed me. We're going to have to wait a while to reveal that she dies or there's gonna be some late nights.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Rush2112 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:55 pm
bfj wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:36 pm Rush’s family won Halloween with their Harry Potter costumes.
Thanks, and I got to reuse to the Obi Wan robes from last year! Isobel's Hedwig killed me. We're going to have to wait a while to reveal that she dies or there's gonna be some late nights.
If she has to learn that lesson, show her the movie. At least she dies bravely in the film, not trapped in her cage like in the book.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

WE're only watching movies after the book is finished, but maybe I'll just get to that part when they're drifting off.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Rush2112 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:55 pm
Spoiler alert!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Barbie may have won the box office battle this year but in my neighborhood Mario won the costume war.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I’d say marvel superheroes won. Pretty good mix of hulk iron man’s and captain America. A couple of Barbie’s and some classics like Mickey/Minnie on smaller kids.

My favorite was a really cool link from Zelda costume. And a werewolf that was pretty involved.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Frozen mini Snickers season yay
cerranoredux
Brandt

Post by cerranoredux »

Luigi’s as far as the eye canna see.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Unless a lot more people start showing up, I'm gonna have a LOT of jell-o shots to eat.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I think I might have had a teen come in whiteface.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Wemby wins Halloween.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Pube-ity?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

I don't get it. From what I recall, Slender Man was one of the worst horror movies ever.

Is it so bad that people insist it's a cult film?

So the only way to beat his costume would be if some big, chunky dude showed up dressed as Rowsdower?
Noli Timere Messorem
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

rass wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:46 pm Barbie may have won the box office battle this year but in my neighborhood Mario won the costume war.
Lots of Mario here too (it was our family theme) we had the wagon decorated as the Mariokart and had the sound effects from a walk through of the classic Mario playing as we walked around.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

mister d wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:11 pm I think I might have had a teen come in w.i.f.e.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:46 pm Barbie may have won the box office battle this year but in my neighborhood Mario won the costume war.
Brown inflatable T-Rex in my town. Only had around 10 groups of kids stop by, one was 2 kids, both T-Rex, and one other T-Rex at my door. Looks really difficult to walk, the solo T-Rex was way behind his group and struggling. Felt bad for him. Drove my daughter to a friend's house and saw 3 different groups with a T-Rex within a block, and a neighbor in my former 'hood posted a picture of a group with around 8 kids, all T-Rex.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:20 am
Brown inflatable T-Rex in my town. Only had around 10 groups of kids stop by, one was 2 kids, both T-Rex, and one other T-Rex at my door. Looks really difficult to walk, the solo T-Rex was way behind his group and struggling. Felt bad for him. Drove my daughter to a friend's house and saw 3 different groups with a T-Rex within a block, and a neighbor in my former 'hood posted a picture of a group with around 8 kids, all T-Rex.
Jurassic Asbury Park
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

A_B wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:47 pm We ended up getting to know a family down the street better and setting up a get together when things aren’t shit.
We're all waiting to find out... did you ever get together?
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:29 am
A_B wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:47 pm We ended up getting to know a family down the street better and setting up a get together when things aren’t shit.
We're all waiting to find out... did you ever get together?
Once. It was fine. They have two kids under 7 and our house is not exciting for that age group. But we've never been invited to their place. Saw them last night. It was pleasant.
elflaco2
Brandt

Post by elflaco2 »

lots of inflatable dinosaurs. best one was dinosaur spiderman.
big rush from 5 to 7 then nothing. haven't heard of any usual halloween shenanigans in town (yet).. usually stolen bowls, or decorations.. once not too long ago there was a smashed fence. at the daycare halloween parade one of the teachers, who had nico in pre-k long ago, asked me where was my gorilla costume.. sadly i don't have it any more.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

We ended up giving out about 15% of our candy because basically no one came. Yet, my kid ended up with over 300 pieces of candy without leaving our relatively small development.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Very happy I was able to convince L-Jam4 to wear the mullet to really punch up his Anakin/Darth 50/50 costume.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:45 am We ended up giving out about 15% of our candy because basically no one came. Yet, my kid ended up with over 300 pieces of candy without leaving our relatively small development.
I was telling kids to take a handful by 5:30. I always get worried about not having enough. I buy a third of what I used to, but old 'hood got way more traffic. We had a perfect loop neighborhood, and it was flat, and just a mile from the highway so we'd get cars from other towns parking and walking our streets.

Had a group of 3 girls, I'd say middle school, all on the overweight side. They were dressed as he 3 little pigs. Where are the parents? They are just teeing themselves up for ridicule, and we all know how brutal middle schoolers are.
-Pruitt