NFL Week 9 - Halfway Done

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Giff
The Dude

Re: NFL Week 9 - Halfway Done

Post by Giff »

LOL at the announcers trying to compare the correct no-call on Mahomes getting hit on the sideline to Chris Jones taking out a defenseless OL well behind a play.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

brian wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:58 am I was told really good teams never get blown out.
I mean the Dolphins have been a prime example of a team “not ready for prime time”
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

They’ve done a nice job battling back here.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

If I were the chiefs I’d like my chances of converting the 4th and 1 and/or stopping Miami from going 20 yards rather than stopping Miami from going 70 yards
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Also would likely get the ball back with a minute or two if you didn’t get it and then gave up a TD
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

they've got the steve sax on third and one at this point
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

EnochRoot wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:17 am It seems to me that Tua absolutely led Hill into that strip-six TD by the Chiefs. If you’re not going to look off the DBs, then you at least have to recognize the ones that are poised to bury your WR in the flat.
nah, that's just a great play by McDuffie. there was a blocker specifically designed to take him out. he just recognized the play soon enough to beat it. can't put that on Tua there unless you think he's a mind reader
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

New quarterbacks are fuckin’ killing it out there!
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Ok at least the veterans are showing up (Tyson Bagent)
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Holy shit.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Brontoburglar wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:21 pm
EnochRoot wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:17 am It seems to me that Tua absolutely led Hill into that strip-six TD by the Chiefs. If you’re not going to look off the DBs, then you at least have to recognize the ones that are poised to bury your WR in the flat.
nah, that's just a great play by McDuffie. there was a blocker specifically designed to take him out. he just recognized the play soon enough to beat it. can't put that on Tua there unless you think he's a mind reader
They were showing press coverage before the snap. It’s up to Tua to either look the defender out of Hill’s area or abandon the play.

Sorry, but that’s on Tua.
Noli Timere Messorem
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Belichick been rocking the croatia flag all year?
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Henry should sue the nfl. Shit call
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Horrendous call.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

EnochRoot wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:39 pm
They were showing press coverage before the snap. It’s up to Tua to either look the defender out of Hill’s area or abandon the play.

the play's timing doesn't have a margin to "look the defender out of Hill's area"

sometimes defenders make good plays, sometimes players miss blocks and sometimes good players fumble. this is a low-risk play that rolled snake eyes. that happens once in a while.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

GD Giants/Vegas eating my chance to watch Philly/Dallas without jumping through hoops. Yuck.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Baltimore is probably the best team in the NFL at this point.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Brontoburglar wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:12 pm

the play's timing doesn't have a margin to "look the defender out of Hill's area"

sometimes defenders make good plays, sometimes players miss blocks and sometimes good players fumble. this is a low-risk play that rolled snake eyes. that happens once in a while.
Low risk play? Hill got blown the hell up and the ball went 75 yards in the opposite direction. Sure, the Chiefs made a great play call, and yeah, their defenders blew up the Dolphins’ blocking assignments, but that doesn’t mean Tua shouldn’t have recognized the potential for danger. If Tua didn’t have the time to look the defender out of press coverage, then it’s on him to either audible out, checkdown or call a timeout. Throwing into that mess got the results that it deserved.
Noli Timere Messorem
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Houston is playing without a kicker right now and it's riveting. Their RB just booted a go ahead FG.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Backup RBs kicking go ahead FGs out here.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Johnnie wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:52 pm Houston is playing without a kicker right now and it's riveting. Their RB just booted a go ahead FG.
That was amazing.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Though I remain a little mystified that punters aren’t automatically emergency kickers.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Crucial special teams penalties?
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Again... Umm
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Fucking Jacobi meyers
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Forgot Dobbs got traded and first saw people on Twitter talking about how great he’s playing and then saw the Cardinals score and was confused.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Holy Roller rule in effect in Houston.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Fun endings in Atlanta and Houston.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Somehow the headband makes Baker look sadder. And pretty sure CBS agrees given how many times they’ve shown him after the Texans scored.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Was fun. Dobbs and Stroud
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

On a screen? I mean sure if it’s obvious but that’s generally a blind throw
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

brian wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:20 pm Baltimore is probably the best team in the NFL at this point.
#1 in the Horsepower rankings going into this week. This was probably the last time you could bet them on a bad line. Tried to tell people that Lamar Jackson would be undefendable in an actual NFL offense.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Johnnie wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:52 pm Houston is playing without a kicker right now and it's riveting. Their RB just booted a go ahead FG.
Fuckin spread was 2.5
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

EnochRoot wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:40 pm
Brontoburglar wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:12 pm

Low risk play? Hill got blown the hell up and the ball went 75 yards in the opposite direction. Sure, the Chiefs made a great play call, and yeah, their defenders blew up the Dolphins’ blocking assignments, but that doesn’t mean Tua shouldn’t have recognized the potential for danger. If Tua didn’t have the time to look the defender out of press coverage, then it’s on him to either audible out, checkdown or call a timeout. Throwing into that mess got the results that it deserved.
The Chiefs play more press than any team in the NFL, year in and year out. The idea is that they block those guys and it’s a housecall. Otherwise why even call it against them?
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

EnochRoot wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:40 pm Low risk play? Hill got blown the hell up and the ball went 75 yards in the opposite direction. Sure, the Chiefs made a great play call, and yeah, their defenders blew up the Dolphins’ blocking assignments, but that doesn’t mean Tua shouldn’t have recognized the potential for danger. If Tua didn’t have the time to look the defender out of press coverage, then it’s on him to either audible out, checkdown or call a timeout. Throwing into that mess got the results that it deserved.
wide receiver screens are frequently run against press coverage, especially with a player who can easily make defenders miss like Hill. a couple blocks and a missed tackle could be a TD -- and has a higher probability of happening than the outcome that occurred.

just because it backfired on the Dolphins (seriously, no one would have predicted in the moment that was going to happen) doesn't mean it was a terrible call or that it's Tua's fault for not seeing the future.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Did a IND/LV parlay (both were -1.5) for quite a bit of money and obviously wish I had bet more. Neither line made sense.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Hurts is hurt.

ETA: Looked really bad for a second but he finished off the half.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The real problem is that a recession IS coming. Question is if the worst of it can be held off for another 12 months. Hitler only won in Germany because of economic factors. The Fourth Reich might come into being because of factors well out of Biden’s control.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I don’t think a Hurts injury is a harbinger to bad economic times, but if you say so.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.