Re: NFL Week 9 - Halfway Done

Post by Pruitt IV »

Must be a good time to be a Giants fan
Canadian International
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

I'm curious as to how much longer the local affiliate will stay with Giants-Raiders when Cowboys-Eagles is right there.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:29 pm I'm curious as to how much longer the local affiliate will stay with Giants-Raiders when Cowboys-Eagles is right there.
ME TOO
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Haha. Wrong thread. But if Hurts staying healthy means Biden wins I’ll take the hit.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

What an undisciplined final drive by the Eagles. Win or lose that’s dreadful.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Of course the Cowboys decided to raise after they got to the 6
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

There was a real "ball don't lie" feel to the Cowboys getting sacked and commiting a penalty or whatever after that bullshit roughing the passer call.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Johnnie wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:11 pm There was a real "ball don't lie" feel to the Cowboys getting sacked and commiting a penalty or whatever after that bullshit roughing the passer call.
They only showed one replay that I saw but it looked pretty legit. That was a forearm shiver to Dak’s back like 3 full seconds after the throw.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

yeah, that was a clear roughing. he took three steps after Dak released it
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

If the season ended today every team in the AFC North would make the playoffs.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

The Giants are like John Coffey sucking all of the disease out of the rest of the NFL so that Tom Brady would have two fewer titles. Understand it that way.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

So...

I mean, it's 8 games and all but...

Carolina really took four months of deep comprehensive study to decide to draft a leprachaun at #1 overall and passed up on Stroud and what not.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

tennbengal wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:44 am So...

Carolina really took four months of deep comprehensive study to decide to draft a leprachaun at #1 overall and passed up on Stroud and what not.
BUT HE LOVES BALL

I understand his sideline throws all died on him at Alabama but people follow him into battle. He should be Secretary of War, honestly.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Gunpowder wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:48 am

BUT HE LOVES BALL

I understand his sideline throws all died on him at Alabama but people follow him into battle. He should be Secretary of War, honestly.
The Stroud thing was just so weird to me because...his last game against Georgia was absolute fire full of NFL throws against what was basically an NFL defense. And throws on the move and what not. We literally just all saw him be an NFL qb. And then two months later he had red flags. The draft process is so bizarre.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Gunpowder wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:48 am

BUT HE LOVES BALL

For the most part, that shit only last so long as you’re winning games.
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

Doom, gloom in Orchard Park.

A shell of a defence plays lights out, and the vaunted offense takes 2 1/2 quarters to wake the fuck up. #dorseyout
Canadian International
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt IV wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:30 am Doom, gloom in Orchard Park.

A shell of a defence plays lights out, and the vaunted offense takes 2 1/2 quarters to wake the fuck up. #dorseyout
They looked great the first drive…
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Gunpowder wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:00 pm
EnochRoot wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:40 pm
Brontoburglar wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:12 pm
EnochRoot wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:39 pm
Brontoburglar wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:21 pm
EnochRoot wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:17 am It seems to me that Tua absolutely led Hill into that strip-six TD by the Chiefs. If you’re not going to look off the DBs, then you at least have to recognize the ones that are poised to bury your WR in the flat.
nah, that's just a great play by McDuffie. there was a blocker specifically designed to take him out. he just recognized the play soon enough to beat it. can't put that on Tua there unless you think he's a mind reader
They were showing press coverage before the snap. It’s up to Tua to either look the defender out of Hill’s area or abandon the play.

Sorry, but that’s on Tua.
the play's timing doesn't have a margin to "look the defender out of Hill's area"

sometimes defenders make good plays, sometimes players miss blocks and sometimes good players fumble. this is a low-risk play that rolled snake eyes. that happens once in a while.
Low risk play? Hill got blown the hell up and the ball went 75 yards in the opposite direction. Sure, the Chiefs made a great play call, and yeah, their defenders blew up the Dolphins’ blocking assignments, but that doesn’t mean Tua shouldn’t have recognized the potential for danger. If Tua didn’t have the time to look the defender out of press coverage, then it’s on him to either audible out, checkdown or call a timeout. Throwing into that mess got the results that it deserved.
The Chiefs play more press than any team in the NFL, year in and year out. The idea is that they block those guys and it’s a housecall. Otherwise why even call it against them?
That’s also a good question. My point remains that Tua won’t become an elite QB until he recognizes the danger in how that play was evolving before the snap. They had two timeouts and the situation clearly called for a reset.
Noli Timere Messorem
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

It’s not like it was just Carolina who was wrong in that analysis. A whole lot of draft experts approved of that selection. I think Stroud was hurt by being an Ohio State quarterback. Not a great recent track record for them in the NFL.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

tennbengal wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:52 amThe Stroud thing was just so weird to me because...his last game against Georgia was absolute fire full of NFL throws against what was basically an NFL defense. And throws on the move and what not. We literally just all saw him be an NFL qb. And then two months later he had red flags. The draft process is so bizarre.
Let's not get carried away. He was drafted #2 overall, right?
Totally Kafkaesque
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Shirley wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:21 pm
tennbengal wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:52 amThe Stroud thing was just so weird to me because...his last game against Georgia was absolute fire full of NFL throws against what was basically an NFL defense. And throws on the move and what not. We literally just all saw him be an NFL qb. And then two months later he had red flags. The draft process is so bizarre.
Let's not get carried away. He was drafted #2 overall, right?
Given that Carolina traded up for their choice of their guy, I get to get a little carried away. They could have had anyone, they chose the tiny lil fella, and it's looking hilariously bad at this juncture.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

So three (Young, Murray, Mayfield) of the last 5 QBs taken #1 overall haven't been of ideal QB size and the two (Lawrence, Burrow) that were are way ahead, right? If you go back further, the size = franchise QB thing falls apart, but it might be a lesson in not ignoring it.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Top 9 picks in the draft right now are the Patriots and 8 NFC teams
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

mister d wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:55 pm So three (Young, Murray, Mayfield) of the last 5 QBs taken #1 overall haven't been of ideal QB size and the two (Lawrence, Burrow) that were are way ahead, right? If you go back further, the size = franchise QB thing falls apart, but it might be a lesson in not ignoring it.
I feel that Young is separated from Mayfield and Murray given the scheme differences. and Bryce was the best offensive player on the field in every game he was in. that's significant when you go to a school like Alabama.

while Stroud looks like he's going to be a star, I think Young is also a product of his environment to an extent at this point. to me, the argument against trading up for him is more about giving up a very good WR like DJ Moore than it is about drafting Young. that could change, obviously
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

EnochRoot wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:56 am
Gunpowder wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:00 pm The Chiefs play more press than any team in the NFL, year in and year out. The idea is that they block those guys and it’s a housecall. Otherwise why even call it against them?
That’s also a good question. My point remains that Tua won’t become an elite QB until he recognizes the danger in how that play was evolving before the snap. They had two timeouts and the situation clearly called for a reset.
the play was very likely called for the coverage. it's impossible to call plays in a football game if you're guarding against an extremely low percentage outcome on every snap
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Brontoburglar wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:39 pm
mister d wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:55 pm So three (Young, Murray, Mayfield) of the last 5 QBs taken #1 overall haven't been of ideal QB size and the two (Lawrence, Burrow) that were are way ahead, right? If you go back further, the size = franchise QB thing falls apart, but it might be a lesson in not ignoring it.
I feel that Young is separated from Mayfield and Murray given the scheme differences. and Bryce was the best offensive player on the field in every game he was in. that's significant when you go to a school like Alabama.

while Stroud looks like he's going to be a star, I think Young is also a product of his environment to an extent at this point. to me, the argument against trading up for him is more about giving up a very good WR like DJ Moore than it is about drafting Young. that could change, obviously
Bryce Young played an entire season like he was will Levis even though he’s 5’10” 180 lbs and stroud threw lasers every week, and people just ignored it.

To be fair imagine if young got to throw to megastars like Nico Collins and tank dell
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

That’s how you cherry pick a stat
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Brontoburglar wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:55 pm
Gunpowder wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:00 pm The Chiefs play more press than any team in the NFL, year in and year out. The idea is that they block those guys and it’s a housecall. Otherwise why even call it against them?
the play was very likely called for the coverage. it's impossible to call plays in a football game if you're guarding against an extremely low percentage outcome on every snap
So there’s really nothing to discuss here if you think McDaniel called this gadget, behind the LoS pass because of this coverage. Cuz that means McDaniel’s even worse at in-game adjustments as previously thought, considering Hill was who the Chiefs were targeting. The fact that play got blown up should’ve surprised no one, considering teams that give the Fins fits these past two seasons have been blowing up their receivers at the line to disrupt Tua’s timing.
Last edited by EnochRoot on Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noli Timere Messorem
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

EnochRoot wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:56 am That’s also a good question. My point remains that Tua won’t become an elite QB until he recognizes the danger in how that play was evolving before the snap. They had two timeouts and the situation clearly called for a reset.
Our point is that it was a great play that rarely happens and that the play is designed for Tyreek Hill to run away from that guy and have one guy stopping him from going 70 yards. The Chiefs DB clearly had an idea this was coming and that's not Tua's fault.

Screens are generally designed to beat man coverage, not zone.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

EnochRoot wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:02 am
So there’s really nothing to discuss here if you think McDaniel called because of this coverage. Cuz that means McDaniel’s even worse at in-game adjustments as previously thought, considering Hill was who the Chiefs were targeting. The fact that play got blown up should surprise nobody.

I guess at this point just go ahead and think this.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Gunpowder wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:10 am
EnochRoot wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:02 am
So there’s really nothing to discuss here if you think McDaniel called because of this coverage. Cuz that means McDaniel’s even worse at in-game adjustments as previously thought, considering Hill was who the Chiefs were targeting. The fact that play got blown up should surprise nobody.

I guess at this point just go ahead and think this.
I edited my post after I submitted it.
So there’s really nothing to discuss here if you think McDaniel called this gadget, behind the LoS pass because of this coverage. Cuz that means McDaniel’s even worse at in-game adjustments as previously thought, considering Hill was who the Chiefs were targeting. The fact that play got blown up should’ve surprised no one, considering teams that give the Fins fits these past two seasons have been blowing up their receivers at the line to disrupt Tua’s timing.
Noli Timere Messorem
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

This is the look that Robert Saleh had on the sidelines in the 4th quarter...

Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Dak Prescott: *throws incomplete pass*

"Dak sucks! He's only good because he has a great OL and so many weapons!"

Zach Wilson: *has two good drives against Kansas City*

"Is Zach Wilson good now?? OMG!"