To the extent it comes up: Trump crap post-WH years

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

The Sybian
The Dude

Re: To the extent it comes up: Trump crap post-WH years

Post by The Sybian »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:09 am
Johnnie wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:10 pm I'm still in "believe when I see it" mode. Trump has avoided consequences his whole damn life, so I really doubt have the energy to be excited.
The world's longest series of appeals and extension requests is part of this. Running out the clock.
I feel like Trump is going to die before any of these cases conclude, and I have mixed emotions about this. I’d be pissed he never faced any consequences, but Trump dying is the only way this cult disappears.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Nahh, those craven motherfuckers would just start some bullshit lie that Hillary poisoned him, and those dumb motherfuckers would just believe him.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

L-Jam3 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:38 am Nahh, those craven motherfuckers would just start some bullshit lie that Hillary poisoned him, and those dumb motherfuckers would just believe him.
I don’t think anyone can take the Trump mantle when he dies lots of others try his rhetoric, but it only works for him. When he dies, I don’t see anyone picking up his base, except for maybe Junior, but he has no charisma and I don’t see him carrying crowds for long. Plus he is a coked up lunatic.
-Pruitt
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Agreeance.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

L-Jam3 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:38 am Nahh, those craven motherfuckers would just start some bullshit lie that Hillary poisoned him, and those dumb motherfuckers would just believe him.
See all the morons that claim that Andrew Breitbart was killed by a "heart attack gun"...instead of admitting that maybe be a coke-fueled rage-aholic doesn't lead to healthy outcomes.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

I'm starting to think that Don Jr ain't that smart...

Trump Jr. tells court artist ‘make me look sexy,’ points to fake SBF sketch
As former president Donald Trump Jr. ’s sons took the stand in the civil fraud trial against their family business, Donald Trump Jr. made a four-word request to the sketch artist capturing his image and likeness in the courtroom.

“Make me look sexy,” he said.

After Trump Jr. finished his Thursday testimony on the financial statements at the heart of the $250 million lawsuit, he approached courtroom sketch artist Jane Rosenberg and asked whether she could draw him in an overly flattering way. Rosenberg was on assignment for Reuters, the first to report on the exchange.

Trump Jr. had an example of what he should look like — and it came from another Manhattan courtroom. Rosenberg said he pulled out his phone and showed her the fake courtroom sketch of Sam Bankman-Fried, the FTX co-founder who was faces decades in prison after he was convicted of fraud, conspiracy and money laundering on Thursday.
Dumb and vain...quite a combination...
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Paint me like one of your fraud guys
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Smacks of a person who has never been held accountable for anything in his life.
Noli Timere Messorem
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

*Bill Burr voice*

D'ohhhhhh, Jeeeezus. It's the lovely Nia, everybody!

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

In light of Jenna Ellis' leaked testimony in GA case...and that's not even considering what Meadows gave them for full immunity, I just can't imagine a world where he doesn't get convicted there. Maybe I just haven't reached the abyss of my cynicism yet though.

For you law types, I know it's slow but where exactly are we if you assume that will happen? If he were convicted pre-election, he could still just appeal until he takes office and then pardon himself? Is that like an actual thing with a good chance of happening?
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

He cannot pardon himself in the Georgia case. He can definitely appeal any verdict against him.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

govmentchedda wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:54 pm He cannot pardon himself in the Georgia case. He can definitely appeal any verdict against him.
Ohhhh...shit, that's right. So what happens if he gets elected while it's under appeal?
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Johnnie wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:44 am *Bill Burr voice*

Then there was the backlash against Bill being married to a woman of color with biceps. JFC.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Rush2112 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:16 pm
Johnnie wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:44 am *Bill Burr voice*

Then there was the backlash against Bill being married to a woman of color with biceps. JFC.
That's a thing? Wouldn't Bill Burr fans be pretty liberal in general? It's the accent, right?
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Yeah he somehow got lumped in with the bad guys I guess cause he’s a white guy from Boston? Or a bit that was intended ironically? Or the mad dad thing? Who asked me?
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Yeah, I feel like it's probably the Masshole thing. Did he do like a weird pro-life rant or something though? Just one of them is enough, really. All the misogynists and racists just seep right in after that.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

He's besties with Rogan. So there's that.

But it's funny because he's the one dude that puts Rogan in his place at times.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Burr went on SNL and basically said a bunch of stuff that was taken as anti-woke. When it was really just Burr going into a woke crowd and making fun of them the way he does. I don't remember the bits, but if you pull up the monologue... Ah, fuck it, let's do this...

So, yeah... Going after white women for taking over the woke movement... He's not wrong (per usual) but it obviously offended... white women. Go figure.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Jerloma wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:01 pm
govmentchedda wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:54 pm He cannot pardon himself in the Georgia case. He can definitely appeal any verdict against him.
Ohhhh...shit, that's right. So what happens if he gets elected while it's under appeal?
If he gets elected, he'll take office on January 20. There's no way any state court proceeding could take precedence over the results of a Presidential election.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -election/

For those without a sub, the bottom line is that the RNC has the least amount of cash on hand one year out than the last 2 cycles. Lots of possible explanations, but I'm gonna go with Trump is a tire fire and the House "leadership" fiasco isn't exactly inspiring to any possible donors.
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:17 pm https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -election/

For those without a sub, the bottom line is that the RNC has the least amount of cash on hand one year out than the last 2 cycles. Lots of possible explanations, but I'm gonna go with Trump is a tire fire and the House "leadership" fiasco isn't exactly inspiring to any possible donors.
And maybe so many potential donors are sending their money to the Grifter In Chief instead.
Canadian International
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt IV wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:20 pm
Nonlinear FC wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:17 pm https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -election/

And maybe so many potential donors are sending their money to the Grifter In Chief instead.
This is my theory.
-Pruitt
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Yeah, highly likely a factor for sure.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I really love (re: HATE) the tone of articles like this where it's all just totally normal and fine to do this. Even the title of it makes it seem routine and commonplace.

And of course within the content of it, the totally banal suggestion that a retired 3 star insurrectionist scumbag can just come back into service and lead the military makes complete sense too. Not to mention seizing voting machines is a completely legal and lawful act within the confines of the power.

It's no big deal at all, really!

Why the fuck doesn't ABC News do better with alarming shit like this? This is why people distrust the media.

Trump hints at expanded role for the military within the US. A legacy law gives him few guardrails.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Can't wait for the ABC News "How Did This Happen?" series in a few years.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

mister d wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:27 am Can't wait for the ABC News "How Did This Happen?" series in a few years.
The celebratory tone will be a great addition.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Johnnie wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:19 am I really love (re: HATE) the tone of articles like this where it's all just totally normal and fine to do this. Even the title of it makes it seem routine and commonplace.

And of course within the content of it, the totally banal suggestion that a retired 3 star insurrectionist scumbag can just come back into service and lead the military makes complete sense too. Not to mention seizing voting machines is a completely legal and lawful act within the confines of the power.

It's no big deal at all, really!

Why the fuck doesn't ABC News do better with alarming shit like this? This is why people distrust the media.

Trump hints at expanded role for the military within the US. A legacy law gives him few guardrails.
What? And risk losing viewers?

I just sent you a text btw about Saturday.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

L-Jam3 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:13 am What? And risk losing viewers?

Didn't get it. PM sent.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Johnnie wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:55 am
L-Jam3 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:13 am What? And risk losing viewers?

Didn't get it. PM sent.
Whoops. Fixed it. Inadvertently had Bill Russell - Eddie George instead of Bill-Russell - Philip Rivers.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

My biggest fear, for sure:

https://archive.is/PZU75

P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Surely all the patriots that trumpet constitutional rights will not support that.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Trump recorded pressuring Wayne County canvassers not to certify 2020 vote
Then-President Donald Trump personally pressured two Republican members of the Wayne County Board of Canvassers not to sign the certification of the 2020 presidential election, according to recordings reviewed by The Detroit News and revealed publicly for the first time.

On a Nov. 17, 2020, phone call, which also involved Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, Trump told Monica Palmer and William Hartmann, the two GOP Wayne County canvassers, they'd look "terrible" if they signed the documents after they first voted in opposition and then later in the same meeting voted to approve certification of the county’s election results, according to the recordings.

"We've got to fight for our country," said Trump on the recordings, made by a person who was present for the call with Palmer and Hartmann. "We can't let these people take our country away from us."

McDaniel, a Michigan native and the leader of the Republican Party nationally, said at another point in the call, "If you can go home tonight, do not sign it. ... We will get you attorneys."

To which Trump added: "We'll take care of that."
Why isn't Ronna being charged alongside Trump for this?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:21 pm Trump recorded pressuring Wayne County canvassers not to certify 2020 vote

Why isn't Ronna being charged alongside Trump for this?
She very likely will be facing charges in Michigan (as likely will Trump)
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Maine says no to Trump. Colorado, expecting a Supreme Court overturn, says yes.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

So shady. We really need to do something about this SCOTUS or we're legit fucked, you guys.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

We've been legit fucked for quite some time, man. From not making a statement when the North won the Civil War to now where there's insane influence of money in politics to three simple obviousness of the Constitution being glorified toilet paper. Our savior will be 85 by the end of his 2nd term. So yea. It's whatever.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Citizens United really fucked a lot of this.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

sancarlos wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:30 pm
I mean, it’s fun to suggest he might’ve been able to stop Trump, but short of him putting a bullet in his head, Paul Ryan wouldn’t have mattered at all. All the prostrate rubes who we thought might’ve made a difference? Nope.

Trump is the result of 30 years of Fox News blaming all their audience’s fears on darkies, gays, and foreigners. Oh, and also the Clintons, Muslims, Obama, and those who oppose Christmas. The entire point of Fox News’ existence is to create paranoia by selling dysfunction in politics, and to validate fears.
Noli Timere Messorem
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Hey constitutional scholars. Was reading up a bit on the Trump insurrectionist cases and appeals, etc. And it occurs to me that there is almost no way that the Supreme Court can rule in trump's favor without basically undercutting the 2nd amendment (and maybe many more!). A real cut off the nose to spite the face situation.

I'm thinking if the Supreme Court tries to say "that was meant to be related only to the Civil War insurrectionist and not meant to be all encompassing" then couldn't many arguments be made that the founders "right to bear arms" was consistent only with the guns of the day and so that the new Americans of 1887 or whenever should be able to protect themselves against the British, should they come back? It's not a perfect apples to apples, but it just seems if you have an originalist court (We do!) that says that the 2nd amendment still covers defense of ones self and property and isn't bound to just muskets and flintlocks, then don't you also HAVE to say that the 14th covers any insurrectionist to this day - which then of course just means that the crux of the issue is if Trump is truly considered by the law to be an insurrectionist.

I am certainly not a legal scholar, and of course there's a high chance I'm misreading something, but I wonder if the 2A crowd would jump off the Trump train if they thought they might also lose their precious assault rifles. And of course I mean the lobbying and power part of the 2A movement not the bottom end "GUNZZ" people who likely can't be reasoned with. At the very least it will bring up further arguments about originalism interpretation of the Constitution, right?
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.