Rants 2?

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

The Sybian
The Dude

Re: Rants 2?

Post by The Sybian »

P.D.X. wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:45 am
The Sybian wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:30 am Posted on Facebook and within 30 seconds I got... wood. I tried to warn them about the size... , hoping they take it.
/obvi layup
I'm laughing way too much at this.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Working remotely a bit today. Sitting at Starbucks in a grocery-anchored shopping area.The number of folks driving up to the fire lane instead of parking is just amazing. Leaving kids in the car with the car running, not just picking up, but ordering and waiting. And all this while a towing company is just sitting picking off cars (guess folks are playing the odds it won't be me). And there are a ton of parking spots less than 15 feet away.
elflaco2
Brandt

Post by elflaco2 »

running late to the soccer banquet. i've the laptop with the background slideshow. i was on time.. annoyed. no reason to speed out of the cul desac. too fast, hit the curb. two flat tires. had to back up down the hill to the driveway. fcuk! move everybody over to the other car. get to the hs. everything running late and still made it on time. stupid. haven't learned. stupid reaction. childish. two new tires, lets hope no other damage, although alignment is likely needed. fcuk. will spend my morning dealing with it. hopefully not the whole day. way too much to do this weekend and need the big suv. what a tool. totally not necessary. i consciously speed up and missed the turn by 6".. guess that will be be about $1500 w tow (although going to hope i can get AAA out here tomorrow.) stupid. how old am i again? the whole family in the car. missus was freaked out. 17yo .. no clue what he thinks. at least the other two had no clue. what an idiot. and now i'm out of scotch. fcuk! that 8am meeting comes soon!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Sorry man. That's a rough one to self-reflect on.

I did manage to do that to a car once before while traveling abroad - I can only find a vague reference to it. I guess I was too pissed/embarrassed to expand.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

That sucks.

I hit a curb and blew out a tire, No fun whatsoever.
Canadian International
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt IV wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:17 am That sucks.

I hit a curb and blew out a tire, No fun whatsoever.
I've done it too. And my son did it a few months ago.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
elflaco2
Brandt

Post by elflaco2 »

so yeah, that was pretty stupid of me. i hi the curb on the next house up the culdesac because i was pissed off and wanted everyone to know it. stupid.
dealer doesn't have the tires, nor did costco.. but mavis does.. price is similar for all three, but mavis is closer. AAA took the car this morning, should b ready in a few hours.. hopefully no other damage (didn't seem like it when i went over it this morning) ..so won't be too bad (suv tires are expensive!!)
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Ugh that sucks, Flaco.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

So you're looking for postcard addressing guidelines from USPS and this is what they give you

so helpful
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Is there a more frustrating experience in modern life than trying to log into a site and it tells you the password is wrong. So you click Forgot Password, have it send you code, you type in the code, and then it prompts you for a new password. You enter a new password and it then says OK, log in now ... only to have it tell you that you that the new password is wrong!!

I can't tell if something went wrong in the pasting, if their fucking system is too slow and hasn't updated to the new password yet, maybe the userid is not my email ...

This regularly happens on a few sites and it makes me want to strangle their developers.
Totally Kafkaesque
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Shirley wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:05 pm Is there a more frustrating experience in modern life than trying to log into a site and it tells you the password is wrong. So you click Forgot Password, have it send you code, you type in the code, and then it prompts you for a new password. You enter a new password and it then says OK, log in now ... only to have it tell you that you that the new password is wrong!!

I can't tell if something went wrong in the pasting, if their fucking system is too slow and hasn't updated to the new password yet, maybe the userid is not my email ...

This regularly happens on a few sites and it makes me want to strangle their developers.
I would vote for almost any candidate who ran on a platform of universal password requirements.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto