Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

L-Jam3
The Dude

Re: Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Post by L-Jam3 »

Back when I was still wearing contacts and about 25 lbs ago I got Theo James a couple of times.

Donal Logue is a good one, though. I can see that.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

My daughters, and the GF's daughter and her boyfriend (the former pro hockey player) went skating at the new Kraken practice facility yesterday afternoon. I wasn't doing anything so I tagged along.

The place is amazing! 3 full sheets (that what the hockey player called them, not rinks)...lots of locker rooms, tons of people.

I didn't skate...so I sat in the bar overlooking the ice and had a couple of beers and an order of chicken wings.
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

bfj wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:06 am
Giff wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:17 pm I actually thought John Cena when I met you.
Neither of them are black.
How could you tell? I couldn't see him.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Metamucil clears you out.

If you told 25 year old me that I'd say that, I wouldn't have believed you.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Does anyone else have this thing where you’re going back to your car in the parking lot and you can’t shake the feeling that it’s not your car even as you get close enough to see all your stuff inside it, unlock it, and start getting in?
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

You got too much trivia floating around in there to waste cells on those things.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Ryan wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:37 pm Does anyone else have this thing where you’re going back to your car in the parking lot and you can’t shake the feeling that it’s not your car even as you get close enough to see all your stuff inside it, unlock it, and start getting in?
100% ....but my issue is I have bought the most common/popular inexpensive car. So which of the Black Subaru Impreza is mine can be a fun game..part of the reason I leave the bike racks on top (or aggressive with the unlock button to hear it beep).
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

One easy way to get over this is having your wife drill the front driver's side panel into a concrete parking garage pillar and then never bothering with the cosmetic fix because your entire year went to shit two weeks later.

(Also I get mocked for always parking in essentially the same spot at the one store I go to because I got fed up with myself not remembering where I was on any given trip.)
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Two cars are exact copies of ours that seem to shop at the same time as we do. Moving on to the third hand counting the times I've gone toward the wrong 4 Runner even if I do know where I parked..
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Ryan wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:37 pm Does anyone else have this thing where you’re going back to your car in the parking lot and you can’t shake the feeling that it’s not your car even as you get close enough to see all your stuff inside it, unlock it, and start getting in?
Can't relate to this one, but I once did the opposite. Absent mindedly got into an identical car in a parking lot and missed the subtle clues. I did notice the lack of a floor mat and think "that's odd, how did that fall out" and noticed the seat was in the wrong position. Tried hitting the ignition button and nothing happened, so I thought the battery must be dead. Opened the car door (I was at the tennis courts) and a guy on the closest court yelled something mocking me (can't remember what, but it was pretty clever) and said to try the car next to his.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Back in the 1980s I had a job where I traveled a fair bit. I was often by myself so sometimes I would go to an MLB game while I was in a new city. Went to a dodger game and couldn’t remember where I parked my rental car. I barely remembered what the rental car even looked like. Walked around for something like 30 minutes before I realized that the make, model, and license number were on the keychain.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

All these people making memes about Stephen Hawking on Epstein island must not know he was a world class horn dog. That guy fucked.

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

L-R its guy who looks familiar, diner guy from Old School (and other bit parts I can't remember off-hand), guy from the Office Party movie, Gabe from The Office and guy whose face I can't see. What show or movie is this?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

mister d wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:46 am L-R its guy who looks familiar, diner guy from Old School (and other bit parts I can't remember off-hand), guy from the Office Party movie, Gabe from The Office and guy whose face I can't see. What show or movie is this?
Silicon Valley. Guy at the right end is Kumail Nanjiani. Guy on the left is Thomas Middleditch and was in like 9 million Tmobile commercials for a bit I think. Maybe verizon. Also, you've never seen him in a room with Matt Turner, I guarantee it.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:46 am L-R its guy who looks familiar, diner guy from Old School (and other bit parts I can't remember off-hand), guy from the Office Party movie, Gabe from The Office and guy whose face I can't see. What show or movie is this?
Silicon Valley was a great show.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

The Sybian wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:24 pm
Silicon Valley was a great show.
Seconded. Laugh out loud funny show.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

A_B wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:54 am
Silicon Valley. Guy at the right end is Kumail Nanjiani. Guy on the left is Thomas Middleditch and was in like 9 million Tmobile commercials for a bit I think. Maybe verizon. Also, you've never seen him in a room with Matt Turner, I guarantee it.
Guy with the goofy facial hair is stand-up comedian TJ Miller.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

IMO Batman Begins was better than Dark Knight Rises. The latter felt like it was 8 hours smashed into a 2 1/2 hour film, yet it still felt like it was an hour too long.
Noli Timere Messorem
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

This morning's early dog walk was in a pretty solid snowfall. Large dry flakes dropping, minimal wind.

Was over at the high school, walking under the street lights probably 30 minutes before sunrise. The lights gave me a visual I had never seen before. Looking at the ground as I was walking, I could see the shadows of the falling snowflakes. The shadows would gradually get larger, darker, and more "in focus" in contrast to the snow already on the ground, then suddenly disappear when they landed. Just cool.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
cerranoredux
Brandt

Post by cerranoredux »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:58 am This morning's early dog walk was in a pretty solid snowfall. Large dry flakes dropping, minimal wind.

Was over at the high school, walking under the street lights probably 30 minutes before sunrise. The lights gave me a visual I had never seen before. Looking at the ground as I was walking, I could see the shadows of the falling snowflakes. The shadows would gradually get larger, darker, and more "in focus" in contrast to the snow already on the ground, then suddenly disappear when they landed. Just cool.
So, how long have you been micro dosing?
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:58 am This morning's early dog walk was in a pretty solid snowfall. Large dry flakes dropping, minimal wind.

I too enjoy some early morning bong rips...

bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Whatever dose you’re taking…up it by 10.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

bfj wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:38 pmWhatever dose you’re taking…up it by 10.
0 X 10 = 0, so that's done.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Honestly, that sounds awesome. And very well described. But, ain't no way in hell I'm taking a walk before the sun comes up.
Totally Kafkaesque
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:19 pm
bfj wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:38 pmWhatever dose you’re taking…up it by 10.
0 X 10 = 0, so that's done.
OR
0+10=10!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Y’all ever fake getting as sad as you’re letting on to your wife cause you know it would piss her the fuck off of the tables were reversed? Cause I’m doing that now.

Or really because the part that is really pissing you off would start a fight, but you didn’t reveal that before they realized what they did, so you can use that as why you’re upset?

No, I’m not mad you’re planning a week in NYC that will probably cost 3k, I’m mad you are planning it over our anniversary!
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I sometimes think I should but I'm a terrible liar and we've been together too long anyway. Plus you never know when you're going to want to do something on a date like that so a frivolous block could haunt you.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

mister d wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:22 pm I sometimes think I should but I'm a terrible liar and we've been together too long anyway. Plus you never know when you're going to want to do something on a date like that so a frivolous block could haunt you.
+1 bonuses expire before you remember to use them.
Noli Timere Messorem
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Ok, so I had no idea who Barry Keoghan was, so when Saltburn was being advertised on Amazon Prime my first thought was it was Cate Blanchett in a crew cut for a role where she's a dude (like Eddie Redmayne in The Danish Girl, but opposite or something).

But to my surprise...NOPE.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

I got two emails from Apple --one saying I logged in from China and the other saying I bought some game for $5. At first I thought it was phishing but it was legit. I somehow logged into my account even though I hadn't used it in a very long time and quickly changed the password. My name and email info was still there but there was an additional shipping address to ZhuJu Mao in Alaska. He got into my account and used a $5 credit I had..I then googled his name and turns out he did it to two other people too. The credit card I had on file expired in 2013 and only showed the 4 numbers of a credit card I stopped using, but never properly closed, so I don't know if he can do anything with that. I informed Apple and deleted the account which turned out to a pain because I had 23 cent balance and you're not allowed to close an account with a balance. So, great job Apple approving a sale from a log in from China on an account that hasn't been active since at least 2013. And maybe I need to do a better job of closing stuff I don't use.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Is there a thread or something somewhere about GPJ being on the new Rob Lowe game show or does he just do shit like that without telling us?
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Jerloma wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:54 pm Is there a thread or something somewhere about GPJ being on the new Rob Lowe game show or does he just do shit like that without telling us?
He's posted about it on social media, but not here, the tease.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

govmentchedda wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:56 pm
Jerloma wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:54 pm Is there a thread or something somewhere about GPJ being on the new Rob Lowe game show or does he just do shit like that without telling us?
He's posted about it on social media, but not here, the tease.
Okay yeah I saw the clip on IG.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Same. I thought that was pretty cool. I might actually watch that episode.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

If anyone figures out the specific episode # or whatever, post it please.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

I've already scrolled through episodes 1 & 2 looking for him and didn't see him.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I need to know if Rob Lowe is as handsome in person as he is on the teevee.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

GPJ has some nice kicks on. Just spotted him on the grid.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Wait what
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The