Yo, Jews!

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Re: Yo, Jews!

Post by Pruitt IV »

bfj wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:51 am Animals. I’d still eat it though.
Me too.

But do Germans not know how to serve coffee?
Canadian International
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

sancarlos wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:00 am That’s one of those jokes you chuckle at, at first, and then feel bad for doing so.
That’s where you and I differ. Lol.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

I’m not religious at all. I always liked this one on Yom Kippur. Nothing to do w gd.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

bfj wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:58 pm Image

I’m not religious at all. I always liked this one on Yom Kippur. Nothing to do w gd.
Not this one?

Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:21 pm
bfj wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:58 pm Image

Not this one?

Did she mention that the candles were lit by the Rotschild's space lasers?
Canadian International
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

Antisemitism is rising. Time to summon a Golem.
The golem is necessary because no victory is ever permanent — and because when the reversal comes, it can be swift and deadly. History has seared this lesson into the Jewish people. But Americans cannot seem to remember it. Again and again, we search for the moderate streak in the extremist, tell ourselves we can find common ground with people who are explicit in their desire to do us harm. And so we get caught flat-footed when books are banned, when gay and trans people are brutalized, when antisemitism is mainstreamed, when abortion rights and voting rights are snatched away.
Canadian International
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

If people would just put aside religion and race theyd see they have a lot more in common
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Tunnel was built during COVID lockdown so these geniuses could get in to the synagogue and pray.
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

bfj wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:41 pm Tunnel was built during COVID lockdown so these geniuses could get in to the synagogue and pray.
Ahhhh! For the life of me, I couldn't think of a reason why they'd do this.

The fucking Lubavitchers and their ilk get away with everything short of murder in New York. Want to get your blood boiling - read about their (publicly funded) schools.

And for the non-Jews here, these schmucks are our equivalent to hard core fundementalists
Canadian International
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

There's an NPR or Serial or something out there about how these folks essentially took over a NY town and its schools... Probably what Pru is referencing above.

It is MADDENING to listen to, so much so that I'm not sure I was able to get through the entire story.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:22 pm There's an NPR or Serial or something out there about how these folks essentially took over a NY town and its schools... Probably what Pru is referencing above.
Maybe its this stuff (gift link):

In Hasidic Enclaves, Failing Private Schools Flush With Public Money
The Hasidic Jewish community has long operated one of New York’s largest private schools on its own terms, resisting any outside scrutiny of how its students are faring.

But in 2019, the school, the Central United Talmudical Academy, agreed to give state standardized tests in reading and math to more than 1,000 students.

Every one of them failed.

Students at nearly a dozen other schools run by the Hasidic community recorded similarly dismal outcomes that year, a pattern that under ordinary circumstances would signal an education system in crisis. But where other schools might be struggling because of underfunding or mismanagement, these schools are different. They are failing by design.
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:48 pm
Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:22 pm There's an NPR or Serial or something out there about how these folks essentially took over a NY town and its schools... Probably what Pru is referencing above.
Maybe its this stuff (gift link):

In Hasidic Enclaves, Failing Private Schools Flush With Public Money
The Hasidic Jewish community has long operated one of New York’s largest private schools on its own terms, resisting any outside scrutiny of how its students are faring.

But in 2019, the school, the Central United Talmudical Academy, agreed to give state standardized tests in reading and math to more than 1,000 students.

Every one of them failed.

Students at nearly a dozen other schools run by the Hasidic community recorded similarly dismal outcomes that year, a pattern that under ordinary circumstances would signal an education system in crisis. But where other schools might be struggling because of underfunding or mismanagement, these schools are different. They are failing by design.
That's the one.

I grew up with a healthy disdain for all religious fundamentalists. (My Grandmother spent time in an Orthodox-run orphanage, and apparently it was hell on earth).

But still - don't hurt anyone and live the way you want.

But to read about how these idiots turn what could be smart kids into barely literate automatons capable of nothing more than spouting 400 year old rules, WHILE sponging off of the taxpayers is enough to make your blood boil.
Canadian International
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

You think that’s bad. Their special needs kids get less than that. Can not stand those people.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Wow. Lots of antisemites here.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

mister d wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:21 pm Wow. Lots of antisemites here.
Have you met some of us? Adolf wasn’t all wrong.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:21 pm Wow. Lots of antisemites here.
Ha! And they hate us (non-orthodox) Jews more than we disdain them! I suggest looking into the town of Kiera’s Joel in upstate NY. Pure lunacy. Mass inbreeding and they simply hide their special needs kids. Same schooling failures. Huge percentage only speak Yiddish. Enormous percent living on public subsidies. Crazy stats, don’t have time to link.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

This is the TAL I was talking about, aired back in 2014. East Ramapo, NY... north of the city, I guess.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/534/transcript
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Israel ice hockey banned for safety reasons.
https://theathletic.com/5195759/2024/01 ... el-hockey/