Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Re: The WWLIS Thread

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Ryan wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:09 pm
DSafetyGuy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:43 pm
mister d wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:07 am I don't care for Stephen A., but I hate Whitlock. Its amazing.
What if I hate both?
I guess it's too late now, but you could have actually just closed your eyes and gotten 100% enjoyment out of it because SAS is barely recognizable. I haven't heard him this measured and serious since he talked about big butts.
I heard a few clips on LeBatard, the voice is unmistakable.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

ESPN returns Emmys and disciplines staff after submitting for awards under fake names

The story was broken by The Athletic.

Some of the fake names include
“Shelley Saunders” for Shelley Smith, "Lee Clark" for Lee Corso, “Chris Fulton” for Chris Fowler, “Tim Richard” for Tom Rinaldi, and “Dirk Howard” for Desmond Howard.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

All I want to know is if Pete Thamel got an Emmy through this vast conspiracy. They should all be suspended and all of the Emmy's should be burned in a bonfire in Bristol.

/not really, just sayin'

ETA - Seriously, though, reading through The Athletic article... How are people not getting fired for this? And, while I'm trying not to conflate or make rough analogies, I'm having a real tough time not flamethrowing an organization that spent most October and November pumping up signgate as one of the most egregious cheating scandals in recent memory.

If everyone is allowed to say that about MI, I feel pretty comfortable calling ESPN one of the most hypocritical "news" outlets on the planet. I don't really think this is that big of a deal, but they sure like to make a meal of things when the shoe is on the other foot.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:34 am All I want to know is if Pete Thamel got an Emmy through this vast conspiracy. They should all be suspended and all of the Emmy's should be burned in a bonfire in Bristol.

/not really, just sayin'

ETA - Seriously, though, reading through The Athletic article... How are people not getting fired for this? And, while I'm trying not to conflate or make rough analogies, I'm having a real tough time not flamethrowing an organization that spent most October and November pumping up signgate as one of the most egregious cheating scandals in recent memory.

If everyone is allowed to say that about MI, I feel pretty comfortable calling ESPN one of the most hypocritical "news" outlets on the planet. I don't really think this is that big of a deal, but they sure like to make a meal of things when the shoe is on the other foot.
Or how like some major sports personalities say some illegal activities are A-OK to do because everyone else is trying something similar (because who wouldn't!) and it didn't give them a competitive advantage anyway, but don't use that same standard for other illegal activities where everyone else was trying (and being caught!) doing something similar and studies have shown there was no competitive advantage. #shrug
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

If you could literally get an emmy made for anyone and they don't even check, why would you waste it on your dumb coworkers who already have them? My kids and their friends would be killing it at school.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Yeah, I kinda feel like the emmy people are the idiots here. Why are you giving emmys to people who don't exist?
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I mean, one of my favorite podcast is Dumb People Town and quite often, it's not just the perp that is the dumb one.

That is to say, how is the org. that doles out awards supposed to know who the technical folks are that ESPN fake-submitted? Just to be sure folks understand, ESPN would submit fake names, get the award and then scrap off the fake name and re-engrave with the on air talent.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.