Help a swamper out

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

bfj
Walter Sobchak

Re: Help a swamper out

Post by bfj »

Pruitt3 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:53 am
bfj wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:24 am A buddy of mine in Charlotte submitted a name on a whim for the newly formed Professional Box Lacrosse Association team coming to town. He submitted the Charlotte Bootleggers and it is in the final 4. Contest runs until 8/16. If you have a moment, throw a vote his way. https://pbla.com/vote/charlotte/
Anyone who votes for "Charlotte Goal Diggers" deserves a hard cross check.
He won! Bootleggers it is! Thanks to anyone who voted.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

This is at least the 3rd shot at pro indoor lacrosse in Charlotte.

Cobras- Actually an NLL team (league still exists). My college assistant played for them. They went 0-10 in there one year.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_Cobras

The Copperheads were owned by a guy I played some post-collegiate lacrosse with and members of the roster were guys I played a little bit with. The wiki page actually shows the naming bracket they used. They played 6 games in one season before the league went under.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_Copperheads

The Hounds were the outdoor team. They made it 7 years.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

My buddy’s kid is nominated for Best Waiter by Baltimore Magazine. Throw him a vote if you feel so inclined. Jake Karlin at Earth, Wood and Fire.

Check out Jake Karlin- Earth Wood & Fire. Check it out now! https://baltimoremagazine.secondstreeta ... /364980760
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

If you want to support a youth baseball team, there's a bourbon barrel raffle for $10/entry( 5/40) and it looks like it has this in it (but be warned, this may be for both baskets as they are doing two raffles)...so it may be just half of this:

Four Roses Small Batch (2)
Knob Creek Single Barrel Rye (2)
Makers Mark 2023 Select Edition (1)
Makers Mark Private Selection (2)
Bourbon 30 (1- No idea what this is)
Bookers Uncut/Unfiltered (1)
Buffalo Trace (1 -Can't tell the style)
Brothers Bond (1)
Skrewball (1 - I think this is peanut butter whiskey?)
Eagle Rare -(1 - looks like the standard)
Elijah Craig Small Batch

As I said, may only be for half, and by no means feel habla gated. I just know there's some bourbon drinkers up in here. . Let me know and I can send you the venmo details straight to the team to get you in. I'll figure out shipping for you if you win.

Also, there may be a LOT of entries for this. Just looking at the venmo they've had a lot of entries so far. Drawing is friday night.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

A_B wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:33 am If you want to support a youth baseball team, there's a bourbon barrel raffle for $10/entry( 5/40) and it looks like it has this in it (but be warned, this may be for both baskets as they are doing two raffles)...so it may be just half of this:

Four Roses Small Batch (2)
Knob Creek Single Barrel Rye (2)
Makers Mark 2023 Select Edition (1)
Makers Mark Private Selection (2)
Bourbon 30 (1- No idea what this is)
Bookers Uncut/Unfiltered (1)
Buffalo Trace (1 -Can't tell the style)
Brothers Bond (1)
Skrewball (1 - I think this is peanut butter whiskey?)
Eagle Rare -(1 - looks like the standard)
Elijah Craig Small Batch

As I said, may only be for half, and by no means feel habla gated. I just know there's some bourbon drinkers up in here. . Let me know and I can send you the venmo details straight to the team to get you in. I'll figure out shipping for you if you win.

Also, there may be a LOT of entries for this. Just looking at the venmo they've had a lot of entries so far. Drawing is friday night.
Bourbon 30
Skrewball is PB Whiskey
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I knew I'd seen it, but it's in a 375ml bottle so I thought it might be some kind of premade cocktail. The rest appear to be full 750ml fifths.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I’ve seen Skrewball in liquor stores. I love peanut butter, generally, but you couldn’t pay me to drink it.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

sancarlos wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:18 pm I’ve seen Skrewball in liquor stores. I love peanut butter, generally, but you couldn’t pay me to drink it.
A friend of mine who loves bourbon also loves Skrewball, so it might not be that bad. But I’ve never had the urge to try it.
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Reminds me of this line from one of McSweeney’s best posts: “ At what point does the artisanal whiskey interest become just alcoholism with a higher word count?”
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Sabo wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:09 pm
sancarlos wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:18 pm I’ve seen Skrewball in liquor stores. I love peanut butter, generally, but you couldn’t pay me to drink it.
A friend of mine who loves bourbon also loves Skrewball, so it might not be that bad. But I’ve never had the urge to try it.
Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know, cause I won't eat the filthy motherfuckers.

If I'm drinking whisky, I don't want artificial flavors. Gotta assume you don't make good whisky to mask the flavor with peanut butter.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

The Sybian wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:16 pm
Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know, cause I won't eat the filthy motherfuckers.

If I'm drinking whisky, I don't want artificial flavors. Gotta assume you don't make good whisky to mask the flavor with peanut butter.
That's how I feel about beer as well. I've seen s'mores beer as well as peanut butter flavoured. If you're over 25, you really shouldn't go near that stuff.
Canadian International
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt IV wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:40 pm

That's how I feel about beer as well. I've seen s'mores beer as well as peanut butter flavoured. If you're over 25, you really shouldn't go near that stuff.
Heh, I’ve had some phenomenal s’mores beers. When they are 12%+, it balances out the sweetness from the marshmallows. Guessing you aren’t a fan of smoothie sours either.
-Pruitt
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

The Sybian wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 4:06 pm
Pruitt IV wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:40 pm

Heh, I’ve had some phenomenal s’mores beers. When they are 12%+, it balances out the sweetness from the marshmallows. Guessing you aren’t a fan of smoothie sours either.
Nope.

I like my beer like my women - strong, bubbly and without the usage of adjuncts.
Canadian International
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Hey everyone....once again I've made the mistake of signing up for doing the 100-mile fund raising ride for cancer research...and I'm hoping to not get hit by a car this time.

Please donate if you can! Thanks...

https://bndfr.com/2k66x
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:45 am Hey everyone....once again I've made the mistake of signing up for doing the 100-mile fund raising ride for cancer research...and I'm hoping to not get hit by a car this time.

Will double my donation if you get hit by a car again...sympathy and what not.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I'll take money if you got it, but more importantly, I'm just summoning you guys for epic Beastie Boys verses. I'm writing a BB-themed eulogy for my friend's memorial next week. It's gonna be a poem where one line is something about her and the other line is a Beastie Boys lyric so I don't need whole verses, just really awesome single lines from songs that I can incorporate into this. For reference, this is what I have so far in no particular order.
Back in the day, there was this girl around the way,
I’m here to say, I miss her every single day

A friend to many, married to none,
And in case you’re unaware she was nothing but fun

She could light up your life with a casual smile,
And I hadn’t seen a smile that pretty in a while

At times we would bicker, at times we would fight,
But like Jimmy Walker, she was Dynooooomite

Some voices got treble, some voices have bass,
She had the kind of voice that was in your face (full-fledged rip-off)

Her life philosophy, great advice to all,
Be true to yourself and you will never fall

Opinions she had, not afraid to let you know,
And she had more hair than Saddaharu Oh,

I will never forget you, good bye my dear friend,
Who wanted nothing but love and respect til the end

For making work bearable, I was so grateful to thee,
As were Lats and Oak, and my man, Mike D

Her politics Left, and despite your objection,
Let me get some action, from the back section

She fought for the disenfranchised, she fought against the strong,
Now tell me party people…Is that so wrong?

She moved in with her dog, I had a new roomy,
Hey, Lady’s in my house, she’s calling out to me
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I got a girl in the Castle and one in the pagoda, you know she had rhymes like Abe Vigoda.

Or you can talk about the time she stuck your head in the toilet and stone cold flushed it.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I know you all miss her but I ask you not to boo hoo
Like when you think it’s chocolate milk but it’s watered down Yoo Hoo
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Shit, if I knew it was gonna be this kinda party
I woulda stuck my dick in the mashed potatoes
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Ah ha ha ha ha
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Ryan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:24 pm Shit, if I knew it was gonna be this kinda party
I think JLo came to the wrong place for advice on this.
-Pruitt
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

And then the man upstairs, well, I hope that he cares

or

If I had a penny for my thoughts, I'd be a millionaire
Noli Timere Messorem
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Well I think it’s booty
Booty
B-b-booty
That’s what it is
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:45 am Hey everyone....once again I've made the mistake of signing up for doing the 100-mile fund raising ride for cancer research...and I'm hoping to not get hit by a car this time.

Did the ride yesterday. Made it through ok...felt pretty good, but it was long and hot. I told my GF that maybe I'll be a volunteer next year instead of doing the ride.

And thanks to those that made a donation. As of Friday night, the event had raised over $5 million for cancer research. And there's still time to make a donation, if you are so inclined.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

The Sybian wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:23 pm
Ryan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:24 pm Shit, if I knew it was gonna be this kinda party
I think JLo came to the wrong place for advice on this.
I got one out of it!

Thank you Enoch for understanding the assignment!
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

You're all mixed up like pasta primavera
Totally Kafkaesque
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Shirley wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:31 pm You're all mixed up like pasta primavera
Or the next line.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

A longtime buddy of mine created a Christmas trivia game. Lots of fun for all. Played last night at Thanksgiving and had a good time with it. If you’re so inclined…

If anyone orders today thru Monday on Amazon, and you have Prime, they'll get the Black Friday price. If you don't have Prime, use promo code: YULEFACE1 thru Christmas.

Help make Yule Never Guess this year's Newest Christmas Tradition. Make it viral by sharing this with friends and family. Thanks in advance.

A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

bfj wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:50 pm A longtime buddy of mine created a Christmas trivia game. Lots of fun for all. Played last night at Thanksgiving and had a good time with it. If you’re so inclined…

If anyone orders today thru Monday on Amazon, and you have Prime, they'll get the Black Friday price. If you don't have Prime, use promo code: YULEFACE1 thru Christmas.

Help make Yule Never Guess this year's Newest Christmas Tradition. Make it viral by sharing this with friends and family. Thanks in advance.

Snagged one! Looks fun.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

A_B wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:30 pm
bfj wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:50 pm A longtime buddy of mine created a Christmas trivia game. Lots of fun for all. Played last night at Thanksgiving and had a good time with it. If you’re so inclined…

Snagged one! Looks fun.
Thanks AB, very cool of you!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Totally bought one while drunk last night based on your FB
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

rass wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:27 pm Totally bought one while drunk last night based on your FB
Thanks Rass! I’ll make sure I post a Pathfinders for Autism donation link next time.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Bought one yesterday. Should be fun when we have everyone here for the Holidays....
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:46 am

Bought one yesterday. Should be fun when we have everyone here for the Holidays....
Very cool! Thanks Dave!
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Thanks so much to everyone who purchased this. My buddy has gone over the thousand units sold mark in less than a month! Let me know how it goes over at your holidays!
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Okay my sister's friend's kid is "Dylan from UGA" ...vote away please
https://www.collegehockeysouth.com/bestinflo
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:16 pm Okay my sister's friend's kid is "Dylan from UGA" ...vote away please
Tough draw, Trace from Tampa has glorious flow (is that slang for hair?), but Dylan is up 108 to 86!
-Pruitt
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:52 pm
wlu_lax6 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:16 pm Okay my sister's friend's kid is "Dylan from UGA" ...vote away please
Tough draw, Trace from Tampa has glorious flow (is that slang for hair?), but Dylan is up 108 to 86!
Flow started out as either a hockey or lacrosse term that was used to describe a member of the team’s hair in how it, for lack of a better word, flows, when the player takes off their helmet. However, many people outside of the sports started using it for those lucky few who have hair that looks like that all the time. Flow usually only comes into play when the hair if flowing out of the back of the helmet a bit (or lots). It is also sometimes referred to as lettuce.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

You rang:

You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:52 pm Tough draw, Trace from Tampa has glorious flow (is that slang for hair?), but Dylan is up 108 to 86!
The Florida schools should be seeded pretty high. Love the 4th Hanson brother from FSC.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?