Random Politics

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Re: Random Politics

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Because her fans are a little nutty, they've already figured out that due to the 17 hour time difference, as long as she was in the air by midnight, she'd have plenty of time after her concert to get to Vegas.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:57 pm Because her fans are a little nutty, they've already figured out that due to the 17 hour time difference, as long as she was in the air by midnight, she'd have plenty of time after her concert to get to Vegas.
The West Wing figured this out for us long ago.

well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Having your own private jet for international flights has its benefits I guess.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Giff wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:03 pm
Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:57 pm Because her fans are a little nutty, they've already figured out that due to the 17 hour time difference, as long as she was in the air by midnight, she'd have plenty of time after her concert to get to Vegas.
The West Wing figured this out for us long ago.

Talking too fast, I don't care for it
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

My daughter was on her phone checking this within 30 seconds of Lamar's end zone pick
Canadian International
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The Taylor Swift effect.
Molly Knight on Blue Sky wrote: It is absolutely amazing the right wing cultural warriors have twisted their wedgies into such a knot they are now desperately rooting for the team from *San Francisco* to win the Super Bowl.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

A_B wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:23 pm Having your own private jet for international flights has its benefits I guess.
There’s no available private jet parking in Vegas for the Super Bowl though. It’s been all reserved for months. She can fly to LA and drive like the proletariat though.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

brian wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:26 pm
A_B wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:23 pm Having your own private jet for international flights has its benefits I guess.
There’s no available private jet parking in Vegas for the Super Bowl though. It’s been all reserved for months. She can fly to LA and drive like the proletariat though.
Maybe she could buy Barstow and land there?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Put my vote under "somehow a private jet parking spot will open up for Taylor Swift".
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

mister d wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:10 pm Put my vote under "somehow a private jet parking spot will open up for Taylor Swift".
Odds are -8000 on that one
Canadian International
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Yeah, c'mon, she has more money that Yahweh. She'll (her team) figure it out.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:40 pm Yeah, c'mon, she has more money that Yahweh. She'll (her team) figure it out.
There’s lots of other people with a great deal of money who have been shut down for months. I’m not saying you guys are wrong but I am saying this isn’t like tipping $100 to jump the line at Spago. There’s serious people with serious dough who haven’t been able to work their way in.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Multiple team owners have private planes, and some teams do as well. I’m sure that they’ll be one to do her a solid and get her there.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
TankFarm2023
Jackie Treehorn

Post by TankFarm2023 »

L-Jam3 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:55 pm Multiple team owners have private planes, and some teams do as well. I’m sure that they’ll be one to do her a solid and get her there.
..... and if not, you can be sure the Biden team will put her on Air Force One and land at the 50 yard line just as Travis does a Pfizer half-time commercial while Soros opens the stadium gates to illegals!

At least, I think that's what Charlie Kirk said today.
"Don't give me that Quaker in a titty bar look!"
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I would love to see her get permission to land at Nellis AFB and make the crazies go even crazier.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

TankFarm2023 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:23 pm
L-Jam3 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:55 pm Multiple team owners have private planes, and some teams do as well. I’m sure that they’ll be one to do her a solid and get her there.
..... and if not, you can be sure the Biden team will put her on Air Force One and land at the 50 yard line just as Travis does a Pfizer half-time commercial while Soros opens the stadium gates to illegals!

Well played, TankFarm.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:11 am
TankFarm2023 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:23 pm

Well played, TankFarm.
That motherfucker is so dumb that I’m not 100% sure that was a joke, because I could see him saying something that asinine.

Did you see how that dumb motherfucker wanted to “celebrate” MLK Day? Apparently he was going to expose the truth about MLK. It was probably just a bunch of horseshit. Way to get people on your side, dumbass. Attack one of the few people rational Americans across the spectrum view as a saint. Motherfucker’s white hood is peeking out his luggage.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

white supremacist boner euphemism alert!
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Johnnie wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:39 pm I would love to see her get permission to land at Nellis AFB and make the crazies go even crazier.
She will parachute out of one of the planes doing the flyover.

And, if form has held, it'll be the Navy doing it this year.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:27 pm
Johnnie wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:39 pm I would love to see her get permission to land at Nellis AFB and make the crazies go even crazier.

You’d know better than me but only reason it might be Air Force instead this year is Nellis AFB and all the water it draws.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Yup. Thunderbirds.

DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

brian wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:40 pm
DSafetyGuy wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:27 pm

You’d know better than me but only reason it might be Air Force instead this year is Nellis AFB and all the water it draws.
It never made sense. First one I worked on in Phoenix, I expected it would be USAF due to proximity to Nellis. Nope, Navy out of Pensacola.
TankFarm2023
Jackie Treehorn

Post by TankFarm2023 »

Is the GOP strategy just to exhaust (people like) me into submission?

I don't want to ignore their hijinks, but every time I hear Habba/Musk/Bannon/etc speak, (to quote my man Lou) ~

I am tired, I am weary
I could sleep for a thousand years
"Don't give me that Quaker in a titty bar look!"
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The Velvets. Nice.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

God, they're so fucking cringey too...

And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

He’s such a constipated muppet.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I fucking hate Tom Cotton. He's such a cunt.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I don’t give a shit that he’s an army veteran. Tom Cotton is the definition of a pencil-necked geek.

I personally don’t get why Senators don’t make passive aggressive comments at each other more. These hearings are just soundbite theater anyway. Throw it back at them. Like I could picture if I were there and had the floor after him, saying something like “I didn’t go to Harvard undergrad and law school like my esteemed colleague from Arkansas. I went to Seton Hall for both. Nothing to be ashamed of; quality education. So don’t worry, Mr. Chew. I know the difference between Singapore and China, which is at minimum five border crossings away. Anyway, Mr. Chew…”
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

L-Jam3 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:07 amI don’t give a shit that he’s an army veteran. Tom Cotton is the definition of a pencil-necked geek.
'You Shouldn't Be Calling Yourself a Ranger': Tom Cotton's Military Service Is Under Scrutiny from a Fellow Army Vet in Congress
The junior senator from Arkansas' service record resurfaced on Saturday after Salon published a story about his past congressional campaign advertisements and statements. According to the report, Cotton and his campaign described Cotton as having "Volunteered to be an Army Ranger," a term traditionally reserved for soldiers who served with the 75th Ranger Regiment based out of Fort Benning, Georgia.

The 75th Ranger Regiment requires its soldiers to complete its own eight-week selection process. Upon completing the course, soldiers are allowed to wear a distinctive tan beret with their uniform.

Cotton, however, did not serve in the 75th Ranger Regiment. He attended the U.S. Army's Ranger School, a roughly eight-week leadership course that teaches service members light-infantry tactics. The school is open to volunteers from all of the U.S. military's branches, including the Air Force, Navy, and Marine Corps. Ranger School graduates are allowed to affix a "Ranger tab" — a symbol denoting the completion of the course — on their uniforms.

Being a "Ranger" and having earned a Ranger "tab" is often confused due to the similarity of their names.

----

Democratic Rep. Jason Crow of Colorado, a U.S. Army veteran, took note of the debate and remarked on Twitter, "Hey @SenTomCotton, unless you wore one of these berets you shouldn't be calling yourself a Ranger. Truth matters."
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

I drive by Camp Lejeune all the time. I'm a marine.
Totally Kafkaesque
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Shirley wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:54 am I drive by Camp Lejeune all the time. I'm a marine.
I get 5 emails a day asking if I am suffering from the pollutants at Camp Lejeune, so somebody thinks I'm a marine too.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Damn. That was pretty cold.
Totally Kafkaesque
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I mean... The Congressional Dinner is the ugly step-sibling to the Correspondence Dinner. It's much less funny people trying to pull off a whole roast vibe. It's cringey as fuck, but that stuff about Santos and Boobert* is par for the course.

* - I hate that I did that.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

And the sad thing is passing Army Ranger school is a thing of pride considering how many have actually done it. It's seriously difficult.

But you are absolutely NOT a Ranger unless you lived the life afterward. Tom Cotton definitely didn't.

Same thing goes for the paratrooper/jump community. Many people go to jump school and get their wings, but then never actually jump as a matter of their job for the rest of the time they're in. They're known as "5 jump chumps" because that's all the jumping they do during school.

It's not exactly stolen valor, but it's adjacent.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

On Wednesday my sister got grilled by congress. The grand old party gave her a grand old lashing. Things I learned from watching the hearing videos on Wed.

1.) Members of congress struggle pronouncing my last name
2.) Hard to find clips of democrats asking questions
3.) The internet trolls don't like my sister's hair
4.) There is one very aggressive Rutgers chemistry professor who likes to comment on hearings like this.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

How the fuck can she manage to keep her composure having to sit there and answer the same question over and over and over again. Especially by these fucking MAGAt tools.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I'm pretty sure I'll never be called to testify for anything in Congress, but I cannot help to think that I wouldn't be just condescending as fuck with all of my answers.

Unless they'd send me to jail or something.