Swamp Travel Guide: Orlando

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

sancarlos
The Dude

Re: Swamp Travel Guide: Orlando

Post by sancarlos »

The Sybian wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:14 am Pro tip: always check your kids bags when they pack. I planned on it, but he waited until 11:30pm to pack despite hours of continually asking him to pack. I told him no liquids over 2 ounces. Get stopped for a bag check at TSA, and they pull out a quart jug of prescription ointment. Guy says he needs to throw it away. It was over $400 dollars. Then he pulls out 4 more problem items. Had to go back and check his carryon. He started to argue it’s a gel, not a liquid. Technically not wrong… and TSA missed the full sized tube of toothpaste, hair gel and a couple other items. But they did touch both our dicks both times through, so that was a fun father son bonding moment.
Are you sure you were at the airport?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:02 pm
DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:53 pm
The Sybian wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:05 pm My wife just suggested Downtown Disney (now called Disney Springs) for Saturday evening. When we took the kids to Disney around 10 years ago, I went to dinner with my wife and walked around, but don't remember too much. Anyone been lately? Looks like it's 20 miles from the hotel, guess we'll see how much an Uber will cost to see if it's worthwhile.
Was there in February. How do the two of you do with crowds?
We both have patience, but don’t love it. Thinking go karts or Universal Citywalk. Thinking he’ll prefer go karts. Wife told me to bring some beer back to the hotel and make him drink one.
It was tolerable when we went there for Saturday lunch (although it was getting late for hungry kids and the line at the first choice restaurant was too long), worse when we were back for dinner and after, then just an absolute zoo afterward. Just people everywhere, constantly in the way when you are trying to walk. I do very poorly with that situation, but others do better.

I like your wife's idea, though.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

HaulCitgo wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:50 am That's really expensive jerk lube. Cocoa butter
He better not be using it as jerk lube!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

#SeinfeldMashups
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Ryan wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:20 pm#SeinfeldMashups
Syb’s kid coming out of the bathroom slapping a $20 on the table: I’M OUT!!!!
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

The boy wanted to take the shortcut to O-town.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Hey, this is my kid we are talking about!

All this thought about what to do with him, we get to the hotel and he wants to do homework! Tried explaining grades don’t matter anymore, loosen up. So I left him in the hotel and walked to a brewery. Literally the only person there (it was 4:00), fortunately the bartender was really cool, and the beer was great!
-Pruitt
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

The Sybian wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:04 pm Hey, this is my kid we are talking about!

All this thought about what to do with him, we get to the hotel and he wants to do homework! Tried explaining grades don’t matter anymore, loosen up. So I left him in the hotel and walked to a brewery. Literally the only person there (it was 4:00), fortunately the bartender was really cool, and the beer was great!
rass wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:25 pmThe boy wanted to take the shortcut to O-town.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

This thread brings back faith in the American old man. Some said we were dead still we persist. Deep into the 2020s. We cannot be held to the standard of a prior generation nor the expectations of a new. But so long as there's a Florida, a man will still be able to ditch his son in search of beer with an unintelligible muttering ending in "school" and a son can ditch his dad in search of a jerk with the same.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

HaulCitgo wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:12 pm This thread brings back faith in the American old man. Some said we were dead still we persist. Deep into the 2020s. We cannot be held to the standard of a prior generation nor the expectations of a new. But so long as there's a Florida, a man will still be able to ditch his son in search of beer with an unintelligible muttering ending in "school" and a son can ditch his dad in search of a jerk with the same.
This cracked me up. Game was surprisingly entertaining. They do a good job keeping it entertaining. Best part was watching the players having so much fun. Especially being able to see their faces during the game. And while a flag football game is lame, there were enough moments of athleticism it was worth it. And they had 4 Rivers BBQ in the stadium.
-Pruitt
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

The Sybian wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:53 pm
HaulCitgo wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:12 pm This thread brings back faith in the American old man. Some said we were dead still we persist. Deep into the 2020s. We cannot be held to the standard of a prior generation nor the expectations of a new. But so long as there's a Florida, a man will still be able to ditch his son in search of beer with an unintelligible muttering ending in "school" and a son can ditch his dad in search of a jerk with the same.
This cracked me up. Game was surprisingly entertaining. They do a good job keeping it entertaining. Best part was watching the players having so much fun. Especially being able to see their faces during the game. And while a flag football game is lame, there were enough moments of athleticism it was worth it. And they had 4 Rivers BBQ in the stadium.
They're a little too pious for my liking, but it's damn good for a small chain.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

govmentchedda wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:07 pm

Had to get it on your rec, but I most likely would have chosen it anyways. Only option outside of Little Caesars or generic chicken fingers/hot dog/nachos. It was legit good, not just “good for stadium food.”

What’s up with the beer prices in this city? Picked up a 4-pack at a brewery, and it was $11!!! I thought I misheard the guy, or thought I was getting one can. I’ve come to expect $20+. Went to a taqueria tonight, $1.88 for a bottle of Presidente! You can’t get a soda for that price at home.
-Pruitt
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

The Sybian wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:55 pm
govmentchedda wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:07 pm

Had to get it on your rec, but I most likely would have chosen it anyways. Only option outside of Little Caesars or generic chicken fingers/hot dog/nachos. It was legit good, not just “good for stadium food.”

What’s up with the beer prices in this city? Picked up a 4-pack at a brewery, and it was $11!!! I thought I misheard the guy, or thought I was getting one can. I’ve come to expect $20+. Went to a taqueria tonight, $1.88 for a bottle of Presidente! You can’t get a soda for that price at home.
That brewery price is pretty cheap. It's what I used to expect a 4 pack to cost, but I feel like I'm much more used to at least $16 or so these days. As far as the price at the taqueria, while it's also cheap, you can often get good prices there.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.