Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

The Sybian
The Dude

Re: The Live Music thread...

Post by The Sybian »

govmentchedda wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:04 pm Typhoid Aary
Crackerjack!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Rude. But hilarious
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Louisville at Bourbon and Beyond coming up on our birthday weekend in September. Got tickets for Friday and Sunday nights. My wife is a saint.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Giff wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:46 pm Louisville at Bourbon and Beyond coming up on our birthday weekend in September. Got tickets for Friday and Sunday nights. My wife is a saint.
The National, Neil Young, War on Drugs, Fleet Foxes, Dinosaur Jr., Bruce Hornsby, and Hiss Golden Messenger would all be on my must sees on that setlist. None of whom play on Saturday, so good call, you. Looks like Neil Young and Fleet Foxes play Thursday, but they're probably the lowest on that list of my must sees.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Childers, MMJ, The National and The War on Drugs on my damn birthday. I know I'll probably only get to see two of those if I want to see entire sets, but who knows?
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Can I use this thread to bitch about TicketMaster?

One band I've never seen that I've wanted to is LCD Soundsystem. Well...they are coming in mid-May...and playing a 4 night run...at a great old theater (the Paramount).

I get the "pre-sale" code from TM, and I'm thinking I'm all set. Yesterday, I log in right at 10am, put in the code, wait in the queue (which was at ~800), got to where I could select tickets ($75...its all General Admission), hit the button to pay for them, and get the message saying that all tickets have been sold. Fuckers...

So this morning, I try again on the regular sales time...but this time, of course, the only tickets available are the "VIP Premium" ones...which are also General Admission, and they are selling for the the low low price of $350 a piece. Double FUCKERS.

Looks like seeing LCD Soundsystem just isn't in the cards for me.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I’m looking forward to seeing Stevie Nicks this Saturday night at Hard Rock in Atlantic City. A little bittersweet as Fleetwood Mac was my sister’s favorite band.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I've heard Stevie Nicks is outstanding.

Seeing Lydia Loveless and Jason Hawk Harris Thursday night. Only bought one ticket because I knew my wife couldn't go and I don't really know anyone who listens to either, so going to the show solo which is always a good time. Don't have to worry about the other person enjoying it.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Giff wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:27 pm I've heard Stevie Nicks is outstanding.

Seeing Lydia Loveless and Jason Hawk Harris Thursday night. Only bought one ticket because I knew my wife couldn't go and I don't really know anyone who listens to either, so going to the show solo which is always a good time. Don't have to worry about the other person enjoying it.
I'd like to see Lydia Loveless. But, the drive to Houston would be too long for me.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:31 pmI get the "pre-sale" code from TM, and I'm thinking I'm all set. Yesterday, I log in right at 10am, put in the code, wait in the queue (which was at ~800), got to where I could select tickets ($75...its all General Admission), hit the button to pay for them, and get the message saying that all tickets have been sold. Fuckers...

So this morning, I try again on the regular sales time...but this time, of course, the only tickets available are the "VIP Premium" ones...which are also General Admission, and they are selling for the the low low price of $350 a piece. Double FUCKERS.
Same thing happened here w/ BoyGenius at MSG. Instant presale sellout except for the $500 seats.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

bots, man
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

sancarlos wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:40 pm
Giff wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:27 pm I've heard Stevie Nicks is outstanding.

I'd like to see Lydia Loveless. But, the drive to Houston would be too long for me.
It would have been worth it. Which is also what I'm telling myself about this hangover this morning. But it was one of the best nights.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

The hangover isn't agreeing with me my god.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Co-worker just dropped $750 to go see Usher in Philly this summer.
$750 for one ticket. Halfway back @ Wells Fargo Center. 10 rows off the floor.
She's (my co-worker) amazing and she deserves it, but I could never see dropping that kind of coin for any artist.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Giff wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:26 pm The hangover isn't agreeing with me my god.
Same brother
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Giff wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:26 pm The hangover isn't agreeing with me my god.
A frozen margarita and a chili cheeseburger says fuck off hangover!!
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Avenged Sevenfold March 23rd at the SNHU Arena

Avenged Sevenfold LOVES YOU 2-for-1 Limited Valentines Day Offer! Starts now through February 14 at 11:59pm local.
Use code: WELOVEYOU now before they’re gone!
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

So the Black Crowes played last night at KLOS out in California. They have a new album out next month. They sound pretty freakin good.

Noli Timere Messorem
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Yup, got tickets for their show here in April.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

My buddy from way back when loves the band the Disco Biscuits. He goes to tons of their shows. Took bass lessons from their bassist online during COVID, tutors the guy's daughter in math, etc. He was given a Golden Ticket by the band for a +1 to any show they play forever. I've seen them once and had a great time. They are playing at the Fillmore in Silver Spring, MD in a few weeks and he's booked us a VIP package of seats (mostly a GA standing room venue), backstage access, soundcheck and early access for both shows. To be fair, my friend and I could go to the ballet and I'd still be just as excited, but these dates in March are circled for me. I miss this guy and I'm excited to see him. And I need to go see some live music.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

bfj wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:58 am My buddy from way back when loves the band the Disco Biscuits. He goes to tons of their shows. Took bass lessons from their bassist online during COVID, tutors the guy's daughter in math, etc. He was given a Golden Ticket by the band for a +1 to any show they play forever. I've seen them once and had a great time. They are playing at the Fillmore in Silver Spring, MD in a few weeks and he's booked us a VIP package of seats (mostly a GA standing room venue), backstage access, soundcheck and early access for both shows. To be fair, my friend and I could go to the ballet and I'd still be just as excited, but these dates in March are circled for me. I miss this guy and I'm excited to see him. And I need to go see some live music.
That's awesome, bfj.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

bfj wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:58 am My buddy from way back when loves the band the Disco Biscuits. He goes to tons of their shows. Took bass lessons from their bassist online during COVID, tutors the guy's daughter in math, etc. He was given a Golden Ticket by the band for a +1 to any show they play forever. I've seen them once and had a great time. They are playing at the Fillmore in Silver Spring, MD in a few weeks and he's booked us a VIP package of seats (mostly a GA standing room venue), backstage access, soundcheck and early access for both shows. To be fair, my friend and I could go to the ballet and I'd still be just as excited, but these dates in March are circled for me. I miss this guy and I'm excited to see him. And I need to go see some live music.
Hell yeah! I saw them with Gov't Mule which is still one of the weirder pairings I've seen live. Can't wait to hear all about it.

This is my favorite tune of theirs (also Señor Boombox is a kickass album name).

govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

govmentchedda wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:57 am Was motivated to finally watch it after seeing the local punk band, Wolf-Face, do a set at Fest a week ago. Fucking blew my mind. Their schtick is that they all come out in essentially the Beavers' uniforms with Wolf masks on and all of their songs are written from the perspective of Teen Wolf. They opened with a cover of Wolf Like Me by TV on the Radio before ripping through their originals, including, "With or Without Boof", "Dog Whistle", "I Wanna Be a Homo(Sapien)", "Howl Alone", "Keep Your Chin Up Little Pup", and "Give Me a Keg of Beer".
Seeing Wolf-Face tonight, lovers. Looking forward to howling at the moon to their cover of TV on the Radio's "Wolf Like Me". They open with it in this video.

I'm in the crowd here, starting right around the :10 mark.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I'm 80% sure the Disco Biscuits were playing in the walkway to the camping area after Phish played at Great Went. I can't find any confirmation, just that numerous bands played and none of it was official or sanctioned. They were incredible, and I downloaded a bunch of their live shows. Unfortunately it's long gone, probably last heard on my first iPod, so I can't even confirm that it was Disco Biscuits. Timing is probably right, as Google tells me the band formed in 1995 and the show was 1997. They drew an unusually large crowd and people were way into it late into the night.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Have a solo night tomorrow and, like always, can't decide between "do something" and "revel in doing nothing". Nation of Language is playing the Bowery but (1) its sold out, (2) its supposed to rain a lot and (3) I'm pretty sure I'd look like a chaperone or cop there.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I'm really thinking I can find 100 people who would pay $100 to see Vandoliers play a private show on my siblings' 13 acres.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

"limited to five packages" your mom joke
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Giff wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:01 pm I'm really thinking I can find 100 people who would pay $100 to see Vandoliers play a private show on my siblings' 13 acres.
OK OK i'll come to texas.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Giff wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:01 pm I'm really thinking I can find 100 people who would pay $100 to see Vandoliers play a private show on my siblings' 13 acres.
I’m in.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I actually sent them an e-mail asking about logistics.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Giff wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:20 pm I actually sent them an e-mail asking about logistics.
Confirm to them that inadequate toilet facilities will be available for their pre-set evacuations.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

While I have y'all thinking about Vandoliers, they released two new (great) songs today. However, I'm convinced the second one is a different lead singer. Anyone else?
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Giff wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:23 pm While I have y'all thinking about Vandoliers, they released two new (great) songs today. However, I'm convinced the second one is a different lead singer. Anyone else?
I hd them come up on spotify and I thought it sounded different, so...maybe?
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Yeah, I agree. That doesn’t sound like Josh.

eta: counterpoint: my wife says it’s the same guy. She’s right more often than I am.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I’ll add my vote and say it doesn’t sound like Josh. Great song too though.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

sancarlos wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:45 pm She’s right more often than I am.
And I bet she’s the one that told you that!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

It’s Josh apparently.

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Doesn’t get any more definitive than that.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Welp the Sea Hear Now organizers probably needed to clean their pants out at some point when that Sunday headliner was finalized.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Cannot believe you put it in this thread.