Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines! What a great place it’s a great place to start!

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines! What a great place it’s a great place to start!

Post by brian »

rass wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:41 pm Or it’s a last name and it isn’t but I spelled the password correctly so not sure
I just love the idea of a guy who had that rank actually misspelling it on a WiFi password but yeah the possibilities are several.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Johnnie
The Dude

Re: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines! What a great place it’s a great place to start!

Post by Johnnie »

The Army pronounces it 'Sarnt.'
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

🎶🎶Ghost ride the whip, ghost ride the whip 🎶🎶

Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Would “you” instead of “we” been too inappropriate, victimized her or something?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

You can find anything if you just grope around for it long enough
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Have they checked the bathroom at Mar-a-Lago?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I fucking wish a plane would crash into that shithole.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:36 pm Have they checked the bathroom at Mar-a-Lago?
Picture 4:

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Can only imagine the reaction if poor people wasted half this much government money by eating food.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I'm sure you've all seen this by now, but I'll share it regardless.

A friend of mine lives in DC and works with the military in some government job. Her friend wrote the speech.

Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

From our old pal ...

And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

This r/AskReddit thread is fucking WILD.

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Let me just say HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

HELL TO THE FUCK NO.

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Come on, Johnnie! You know you miss it!
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The Sybian wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:49 am Come on, Johnnie! You know you miss it!
So here's the press release from AF.mil.

Out of the 50+ enlisted career fields in the Air Force, they've only selected 11:

1C171 – Air Traffic Control
2G071 – Logistics Plans
2T377 – Fleet Management & Analysis
3F071 – Personnel
3P071 – Security Forces
4A271 – Biomedical Equipment
4E071 – Public Health
4N071 – Aerospace Medical Service
4R071 – Diagnostic Imaging
7S071 – Special Investigations
8R000/8R200 – Recruiter(s)

Mine used to be Logistics Plans.

And from the FAQ I clicked on from a link I received (Link at the bottom opens a PDF), check this shit out:
Q4. What locations are available for Enlisted Airman who return to active duty under VRRAD?
A4. Depending on the VRRAD program, the Air Force’s Personnel Center may match VRRAD participants to
stateside or overseas requirements.
Airman, once assigned, may be asked to move via Permanent Change of Assignment or Station due to unit or Air
Force mission changes.
Those who decline such a move will voluntarily terminate their contract.

Q5. Will retired Enlisted Airman participating in VRRAD be eligible for promotion?
A5. No, Enlisted Airman participating in this return to active duty are not eligible for promotion consideration.
So you'll have to move; you won't get to promote; you won't even get a re-enlistment bonus for coming back in. You'll just get more accredited time that will calculate toward you eventual retirement again.

I honestly only think this program is for people who had no plan when retiring, lost out majorly on VA benefits, and couldn't land a job afterward. Or someone who suddenly is going through a divorce and needs to get the fuck outta dodge.

I am making great money with my income streams right now and it would be unconscionable to give this up to go back. The Facebook threads in my previous career field's group is awash with people laughing at the idea of it.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnnie wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:24 pm
The Sybian wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:49 am Come on, Johnnie! You know you miss it!

Out of the 50+ enlisted career fields in the Air Force, they've only selected 11:

2G071 – Logistics Plans
3F071 – Personnel
3P071 – Security Forces
4E071 – Public Health

And from the FAQ I clicked on from a link I received (Link at the bottom opens a PDF), check this shit out:
Q4. What locations are available for Enlisted Airman who return to active duty under VRRAD?
A4. Depending on the VRRAD program, the Air Force’s Personnel Center may match VRRAD participants to
Airman, once assigned, may be asked to move via Permanent Change of Assignment or Station due to unit or Air
Force mission changes.

Q5. Will retired Enlisted Airman participating in VRRAD be eligible for promotion?
A5. No, Enlisted Airman participating in this return to active duty are not eligible for promotion consideration.
So you'll have to move; you won't get to promote; you won't even get a re-enlistment bonus for coming back in. You'll just get more accredited time that will calculate toward you eventual retirement again.

I honestly only think this program is for people who had no plan when retiring, lost out majorly on VA benefits, and couldn't land a job afterward. Or someone who suddenly is going through a divorce and needs to get the fuck outta dodge.

I am making great money with my income streams right now and it would be unconscionable to give this up to go back. The Facebook threads in my previous career field's group is awash with people laughing at the idea of it.
Why do you hate America?
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:41 pm
Johnnie wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:24 pm

2G071 – Logistics Plans
3F071 – Personnel
3P071 – Security Forces
4E071 – Public Health

Force mission changes.

Why do you hate serving America?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

True story:

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

My boomer godmother is such a damn fool. This is the type of shit she shares on Facebook.

This has to be a parody page.

sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

So, there's a bunch of heavily armed men patrolling heaven?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

blue jesus has a pancake on his face
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

Why are they all walking when the could have taken the plane? And are they going to heaven, or leaving heaven because of their war crimes? I am confused.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

it's a commercial airline just stumbling upon the scene
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

mister d wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:26 pm
He died.
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

P.D.X. wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:59 pm it's a commercial airline just stumbling upon the scene
Yeah, I was going to ask why Jesus was unleashing the 737s of War. And it looks like Jesus' face was restored by the woman in Spain who retouched the famous painting.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The Air Force and Military subreddits are either looking at this as a suicidal ideation gone extreme, cracking jokes, or calling dude stupid because killing yourself doesn't bring peace to the Middle East.

My first thought about this is "Tibetan Monk" and George Carlin (AF vet) going "LIGHT YOURSELF ON FIRE! Tibetan Monks. They know how to fucking protest!"

Edit:

The actual lines are:

"And, you won't see a lot of these pro-life people dousing themselves in kerosene and lighting themselves on fire. You know, morally committed religious people in South Vietnam knew how to stage a goddamn demonstration, didn't they?! They knew how to put on a fucking protest. Light yourself on FIRE!! C'mon, you moral crusaders, let's see a little smoke. To match that fire in your belly."

At 2:40:

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

If you barely search the Internet, you'll find the full video of the self immolation. It's heartbreaking and terrifying.

It also captures a cop with his pistol pointed at the dude while he's basically dead and still on fire. "I don't need guns. I need fire extinguishers." is stated by a medic arriving on the scene.

Still frame with a blurred image, but still sorta, kinda NSFL:
[+] spoiler
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

One of the guys was Secret Service. Not sure which one.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

duff wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:35 pm One of the guys was Secret Service. Not sure which one.
I'm guessing the guy not engulfed in flames.
-Pruitt
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

It just dawned on me that about one year ago, when we were in Bern, Switzerland, we were staying two houses down from the Israeli Embassy. The walk to the tram stop took us right past the embassy.

It was so calm and quiet. There were gates at either end of the street and a security kiosk out front, but the gates were open and the kiosk unattended.

Somehow I think it's been less calm there recently.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Nearly a year ago, the AF's senior enlisted leadership had harsh words for "fashion" back when there was a push to get beards allowed for dudes in the military. It was not received well because of the smug dickishness of the panel.

This week the Air Force's Dress and Appearance Instructions were published that highlighted "fashion" because, since COVID, these regulations were relaxed a bit and, in the meantime, a study was published about beards and why not allowing them has been proven to be discriminatory in many instances.

If beards were just made part of the standard -- like every other military on earth -- these problems would mostly evaporate. It's an easy kill, but out of touch "leadership" soldier on in their insistence to ridiculous ideals. And they wonder why recruitment and retention is in the toilet.

An awesome person put together this video:

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Also, this is amazing: