My Wish to Sail Through Life Without Serving on a Jury

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

The Sybian
The Dude

Re: My Wish to Sail Through Life Without Serving on a Jury

Post by The Sybian »

Day 2, down to 210 jurors. Calling us 1 at a time to go through the list of 33 questions on the voir dire questionnaire. This is going to take FOREVER! They should tell the second half of us to take an hour break. Meanwhile, people jumping in with stupid questions. And people still changing their correct names as entered by the court back to "Joe's Samsung" or "iPad." And one woman appears to be a dental hygienist treating patients and she has taken herself off mute 30 times despite the jury managers putting her back on mute and telling her to stop unmuting herself. She also took two calls on a landline which overpowers the Judge speaking. Helps me understand how elections turn out the way they do.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

And now an elderly woman is holding her blood pressure monitor up to the screen to prove her blood pressure is too high to remain in the Zoom.
-Pruitt
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

The Sybian wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:14 am Helps me understand how elections turn out the way they do.
Yup.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Imagine a 3rd grade class where the kids figure out that if you act like a complete fuckup, you probably won't have to go to class that week and in fact nobody can ask you to come to class again for 3 years.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I think I mentioned here that when my youngest was in virtual kindergarten we looked over one day and she was sitting weird with her mouth open so we asked her what was up and she said she wanted to make it look like her screen froze.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Just received a new notice for jury duty; first week of April. In the past, I worked hard to make sure I didn’t get selected. But, hell. Now that I’m retired, maybe I’ll try to get selected. Wonder if they’d object to me live-swamping the experience?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

They can't object if they don't know about it.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:12 pm They can't object if they don't know about it.
What steve is saying, as a law expert guy, is that it’s always better to ask for forgiveness of a judge than to ask for permission.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

rass wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:36 pm
Steve of phpBB wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:12 pm They can't object if they don't know about it.
What steve is saying, as a law expert guy, is that it’s always better to ask for forgiveness of a judge than to ask for permission.
As a law expert guy, I can tell you that it's better not to have to ask for either. So just don't get caught.

Edit: That will be $450. I'll send my Venmo.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Fuckin’ Steve Mangini’s gonna rat you out
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

sancarlos wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:44 pm Just received a new notice for jury duty; first week of April. In the past, I worked hard to make sure I didn’t get selected. But, hell. Now that I’m retired, maybe I’ll try to get selected. Wonder if they’d object to me live-swamping the experience?
I am excused from jury duty without having to report in. I was willing, but when I called and it said my group number was not needed.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:22 pm
sancarlos wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:44 pm Just received a new notice for jury duty; first week of April. In the past, I worked hard to make sure I didn’t get selected. But, hell. Now that I’m retired, maybe I’ll try to get selected. Wonder if they’d object to me live-swamping the experience?
I am excused from jury duty without having to report in. I was willing, but when I called and it said my group number was not needed.
Sorry man. The retiree's last chance to feel useful in society, and they said you weren't needed.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Oh the cockiness of middle-age. You don’t even see it coming.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:47 pm Oh the cockiness of middle-age. You don’t even see it coming.
I know it all too well, that's why I need to get in my shots while I can. This is my raging against the dying light.
-Pruitt