Presidential Election 2024

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Re: Presidential Election 2024

Post by Nonlinear FC »

We spent countless pages on this stuff, "debating" with JoeK about the barely hidden (to most of us) agenda that was behind so much of the shit that went down in 2016.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Wasn't the ultimate result of the Muller report was that Putin tried to bribe Trump, but TFG was too fucking stupid to understand the deal?
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

L-Jam3 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:16 pm Wasn't the ultimate result of the Muller report was that Putin tried to bribe Trump, but TFG was too fucking stupid to understand the deal?
Both Mueller and the (then-Republican) Senate concluded that Trump welcomed and took advantage of Russian assistance. As Trump Jr famously tweeted out, when the Russians offered dirt on Clinton, Jr said that he loved it, especially later in the summer.

There was no evidence of an explicit deal - because there didn't need to be. Their interests were aligned.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

L-Jam3 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:16 pm Wasn't the ultimate result of the Muller report was that Putin tried to bribe Trump, but TFG was too fucking stupid to understand the deal?
That was my takeaway from the Trump Tower meeting with the Russian lawyer who offered up dirt on Hillary in exchange for a promise to repeal the Magnitsky Act (where Jr. said "I love it!" when offered a direct bribe).
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

That's the thing. Fox and their ilk have successfully turned politics so partisan that a true follower believes 100% of the things their party leaders (or Tucker Carlson) believe. If they like Putin and Russia, then I like Putin and Russia!
Totally Kafkaesque
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Shirley wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:16 pm That's the thing. Fox and their ilk have successfully turned politics so partisan that a true follower believes 100% of the things their party leaders (or Tucker Carlson) believe. If they like Putin and Russia, then I like Putin and Russia!
Or even worse, "if the [Dems/Liberals/Elite] hate Putin and Russia, then I like Putin and Russia!"
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:31 pm
Shirley wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:16 pm That's the thing. Fox and their ilk have successfully turned politics so partisan that a true follower believes 100% of the things their party leaders (or Tucker Carlson) believe. If they like Putin and Russia, then I like Putin and Russia!
Or even worse, "if the [Dems/Liberals/Elite] hate Putin and Russia, then I like Putin and Russia!"
Good point. Must never agree with the libs no matter the issue.
Totally Kafkaesque
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

First guy I ever blocked/unfriended was in 2016 and he was in my DM/Messenger asking "why is a good relationship with Russia a bad thing, Jerry?"... Yeah, fuck off with that.

(It wasn't just that one thing, it was constantly coming on my feed and starting that shit... which I would delete. My feed isn't some Reddit thread. Again, kindly fuck off.)
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Lol

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:53 pm First guy I ever blocked/unfriended was in 2016 and he was in my DM/Messenger asking "why is a good relationship with Russia a bad thing, Jerry?"... Yeah, fuck off with that.

(It wasn't just that one thing, it was constantly coming on my feed and starting that shit... which I would delete. My feed isn't some Reddit thread. Again, kindly fuck off.)
Sure, a good relationship with Russia would be great, but not placating an evil dictator is never good, so we can't have a good relationship until they have a legitimate President.
-Pruitt
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. You telling me that the GOP investigation into Hunter Biden wasn’t on the up-and-up?
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

L-Jam3 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:33 pm Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. You telling me that the GOP investigation into Hunter Biden wasn’t on the up-and-up?
Get ready for all the conspiracy theories that this proves the FBI is corrupt.
-Pruitt
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I sometimes worry that the fact that Dems have lines they won’t cross as a disadvantage in the fight. But then I remember that so many in the GOP are fucking idiots, so that tends to balance it out.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Here comes the latest Biden scandal...he likes ice cream!

For Some Reason, Jesse Watters Has Problems With Joe Biden Eating Ice Cream
Watters made the pearl-clutching observation on Tuesday in response to comments Biden made Monday, while getting ice cream, expressing his hope for a cease-fire between Israel and Hamas.

Although a reduction in hostilities in the Middle East might seem to be the important part of the story, Watters just couldn’t focus on it, preferring instead to make blanket assumptions about masculinity and food products.

“You know my rule about men eating soup in public? I don’t think it’s manly ... not a good look,” Watters explained to his fellow panelists. “I think the same thing for ice cream. You should save that for vacation. A grown man, especially the president, should not be licking ice cream in public.”

Conservative talk show host Clay Travis also got his panties in a bunch over Biden’s favorite dessert, saying “it’s super weird” and adding, “Do you know grown men who go get ice cream by themselves? I don’t. It’s very strange.”
If Biden gets ice cream will wearing a tan suit, their heads will explode with rage.
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

Better than this...

Canadian International
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Trump famously demanded two scoops of ice cream while everyone else was given one when he was in the White House and don’t remember Watters and Travis getting the vapors then.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Haley out
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Welcome to the Laken Riley show.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

rass wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:21 amHaley out
Man, I really thought she had a late run in her.
Totally Kafkaesque
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

The only reason to stay in was if someone was going to end up getting DQ'd and since things are moving so slowly, it feels like they're going backward, it's probably a good time to cut losses.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I just need to vent. The fact that Biden is 80 years old in a normal election would be a huge worry, and the NYT is doing its due diligence pointing it out, but when the opponent is only 4 years younger, in worse physical health, and dumb as a pile of fucking rocks, in addition to failing in his biggest challenge during his administration in Covid, and told his shitty supporters to attack the Capitol after he lost reelection... I just think that second part needs to be addressed as well when Biden's age is mentioned.
Last edited by L-Jam3 on Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

But then the positive words and negative words wouldn't be evenly allocated.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

It's 9:30pm on the east coast and an 81 year old man still has yet to give an hour plus long speech. Did the NFL schedule this?

Our country is so fucking dumb.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

It feels like worrying if the President of the US is “too old to stay up late for something important” is a bad sign.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Johnnie wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:26 pm It's 9:30pm on the east coast and an 81 year old man still has yet to give an hour plus long speech. Did the NFL schedule this?

Our country is so fucking dumb.
How dumb is it?

How about expelled Congressman George Santos being there?

or maybe this dumb?
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

I don't get the point of the president speaking in front of congress. Fuck congress. It's composed of at least 50% bad faith actors who will jeer him at every turn.
Noli Timere Messorem
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

He's heckling back. That's cool.

And MTG is being her classless self as usual.

Ooof. That coughing.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Johnnie wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:10 pm And MTG is being her classless self as usual.
Are there odds on her being named as Trump's VP candidate? He can't risk having someone there who won't do his bidding if he's elected again.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Nah. I’d bet they’re going to pick someone younger that even we might think is palatable for a Republican, retain some people who want an excuse to not vote Biden and pick up some “well, if he dies …” votes.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Rush2112 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:49 pm
Johnnie wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:10 pm And MTG is being her classless self as usual.
Are there odds on her being named as Trump's VP candidate? He can't risk having someone there who won't do his bidding if he's elected again.
No way...can't have someone who will compete for the spotlight.

I'd bet money on either Kristi Noem or Nancy Mace. Will gladly kiss the ring, and they are "Fox News Hot" enough for him.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

NYT wrote wrote:Biden delivers resounding SOTU deriding do-nothing Republicans that belies his age. Here's why that spells doom for Democrats.
Noli Timere Messorem
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Yup, that's my joke of a congressman up there. Fuck that guy with a barbed-wire covered bat.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

a real failure that no one asked him last night to explain how surrendering means you should never surrender
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Ah, so that was where that random loud yelling was coming from.

This is going to sound callous, but putting those 13 Marines that died during the evacuation above everyone else who died during foreign operations is nothing more than patsy arguments meant to score political points.

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I think this was shared here, but she was actually asked this to her face:

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:57 pm
No way...can't have someone who will compete for the spotlight.

I'd bet money on either Kristi Noem or Nancy Mace. Will gladly kiss the ring, and they are "Fox News Hot" enough for him.
Add Katie Britt to that short list:

Is she a late entry for an Academy Award nomination? She's the personification of the dramatic, pretentious story you read when all you want is the fucking recipe.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Republicans are such pussies.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

As I saw someone online saying last night...having a Republican woman give the rebuttal from her kitchen is way too on-the-nose.
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

Canadian International