Everyone OK?

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Giff
The Dude

Everyone OK?

Post by Giff »

Nearly three hours without a new post in the middle of the morning on a weekday is pretty unprecedented.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
mister d
The Dude

Re: Everyone OK?

Post by mister d »

I was getting a temporary crown for the tooth I broke a month or so ago.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

I was at my arraignment for punching Mister D in the tooth.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

"What do AB and the oreo that broke Mister D's tooth have in common?"
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

I am having a sustained panic attack. Like, for days and days. But otherwise ok.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

tennbengal wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:41 am I am having a sustained panic attack. Like, for days and days. But otherwise ok.
Damn man, sorry to hear that.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

mister d wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:27 am "What do AB and the oreo that broke Mister D's tooth have in common?"
They were both arraigned for punching you in the mouth?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

tennbengal wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:41 am I am having a sustained panic attack. Like, for days and days. But otherwise ok.
Ah shit. New twists or culmination of all the other stuff that's been happening?
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Well I was okay, but now I'm worried about TB.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

No new twists. Just one of those waves that I can't get on top of. Too much in my head, from big stuff that causes panic like the looming fascism to work stuff to separation stuff to dating stuff. Just a lot. It will stop at some point I am sure. Or not. Who can say.
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

tennbengal wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:14 am No new twists. Just one of those waves that I can't get on top of. Too much in my head, from big stuff that causes panic like the looming fascism to work stuff to separation stuff to dating stuff. Just a lot. It will stop at some point I am sure. Or not. Who can say.
Dumb question perhaps, but do you have any meds for that?

I will take an ativan when the fear strikes and it often helps.
Canadian International
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

If it makes you feel better, you're not alone on this one.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Haven’t been able to work the last two days because of snow on the ground, so I cleaned the house yesterday and am out doing fun stuff today. Went to the indoor driving range, having a cheap lunch at a Mexican place and will go antiquing afterwards. So yeah, things are good.

Hope things calm down for you, TB.
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:29 am
Same tbh.

I’m sitting on ass in my truck, making no money waiting to get assigned a load back to Vegas for some off-time.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Hang in there tb... We've all had those moments and you are right, things will smooth out in due time.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Pruitt IV wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:23 am
tennbengal wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:14 am No new twists. Just one of those waves that I can't get on top of. Too much in my head, from big stuff that causes panic like the looming fascism to work stuff to separation stuff to dating stuff. Just a lot. It will stop at some point I am sure. Or not. Who can say.
Dumb question perhaps, but do you have any meds for that?

I will take an ativan when the fear strikes and it often helps.
Not really a meds person, but if this one doesn't ebb at some point, will look into it.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Jerloma wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:10 am Well I was okay, but now I'm worried about TB.
Same.

Nice going, Giff.

(Seriously, TB, that sounds difficult. I hope you're able to get the upper hand on that soon.)
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

brian wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:32 am
Same tbh.

I’m sitting on ass in my truck, making no money waiting to get assigned a load back to Vegas for some off-time.
Not for nothing, thought of you yesterday because at Exit 20 on my way up to Exit 27 on I-83 there is a spot were rigs pull off to rest/sleep on the shoulder - sometimes as many as 10-15 on each side. In any event, it just occurred to me that I have not actually taken the time to say...holy shit to you for doing this. What a bad ass thing. Seriously. Really happy for you and kinda amazed at the undertaking.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Can you imagine how embarrassing the reality behind the cracked tooth must be if he's pretending it was a cookie?

Feel better TB.

And yeah brian. I've tried to passively show support via likes on FB but this is pretty incredible. Good luck.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Is there a version more embarrassing than "my teeth are so weak a (fresh) oreo (WF brand knock-off) broke if in half"? Getting punch by AB would be far preferable.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

tennbengal wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:56 am
Same tbh.

Not for nothing, thought of you yesterday because at Exit 20 on my way up to Exit 27 on I-83 there is a spot were rigs pull off to rest/sleep on the shoulder - sometimes as many as 10-15 on each side. In any event, it just occurred to me that I have not actually taken the time to say...holy shit to you for doing this. What a bad ass thing. Seriously. Really happy for you and kinda amazed at the undertaking.
Well, there have been some ups and downs for sure. It’s a really tough job. I had no idea how hard until finally getting behind the wheel. Honestly, the solitary nature of it isn’t even one of the issues. And I started at apparently a bad freight market and with a company that make be taking on water so that hasn’t helped.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

mister d wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:13 pm Is there a version more embarrassing than "my teeth are so weak a (fresh) oreo (WF brand knock-off) broke if in half"? Getting punch by AB would be far preferable.
hydrox?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

I've been busy dealing with the fallout of one of our customers having trouble with their instrument last week, and deciding the best way to handle things was to start calling/emailing our CEO over the weekend.

So that's been fun...
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Getting to spend time with Brian and hearing all his stories was a great time. I highly recommend it if given the chance.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:50 pm Getting to spend time with Brian and hearing all his stories was a great time. I highly recommend it if given the chance.
Come to NJ!
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

mister d wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:35 pm Image
I meant Hydrox would have been more embarrassing.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

nah, hydrox is at least more sympathetic than breaking a tooth on something called a 'creme'
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

brian wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:18 pm
tennbengal wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:56 am
Same tbh.

Well, there have been some ups and downs for sure. It’s a really tough job. I had no idea how hard until finally getting behind the wheel. Honestly, the solitary nature of it isn’t even one of the issues. And I started at apparently a bad freight market and with a company that make be taking on water so that hasn’t helped.
That part sucks.

But the idea of making a turn, or backing up a rig, or a million other things that you are doing to drive that thing…just…holy shit.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Had my wisdom teeth (well, 2.5 of them) out 2 Thursdays ago. It continues to suck!
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Ryan wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:29 pm Had my wisdom teeth (well, 2.5 of them) out 2 Thursdays ago. It continues to suck!
My son is getting them out in two weeks. That’s a thing that makes me feel old.
-Pruitt
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Tell him not to reschedule because of a baseball tournament and then wait 30 years
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

hydrox were the original and the infinitely superior sandwich creme cookie dammit.

<fistbumps and/or hugs to everyone here who needs them. can relate.>
rass wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:29 pm
mister d wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:13 pm Is there a version more embarrassing than "my teeth are so weak a (fresh) oreo (WF brand knock-off) broke if in half"? Getting punch by AB would be far preferable.
hydrox?
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

dammit rass
rass wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:56 pm I meant Hydrox would have been more embarrassing.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

mister d wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:27 am "What do AB and the oreo that broke Mister D's tooth have in common?"
P.D.X. wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:06 pm ... 'creme'
"Both are full of" was essentially where I was going with this joke, by the by. #semenhumor
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

One of my wife’s old friends is visiting. I generally like her, but she has a thing about you reading your phone in her presence. “What is so interesting on your phone??” I get that to a degree, but sheesh, you’re here to visit my wife, not me! (All this as a roundabout answer to why I wasn’t online today.)
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I'm only a stickler about phones 1) when my wife is playing a game or scrolling Insta while we're watching something that needs to be followed closely on The TV. Because inevitably, she will ask "who is that?" or "what's going on?" and that makes me crazypants. 2) Out to dinner. Put your phone down. The point of going out is to have a conversation while being served (hopefully) good food.

ETA - I don't even list while at the movies because we're not heathens on this board.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

MaxWebster wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:07 pm hydrox were the original and the infinitely superior sandwich creme cookie dammit.
Damn right!
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

It's cool to do what you want to do, but this world would be a much better place if people didn't care what other people did. Like I've seen this meme where it shows two couples at dinner where one table is two of them on a phone and the other two are not with some caption about being in the moment. Judging people from the one little snapshot you see of someone's entire life is gross to me. Bitch (the person posting that meme, not my wife), I was just driving for six hours, I need to get caught up on Twitter cause I'm all safe and shit.