Commercials

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

govmentchedda
The Dude

Re: Commercials

Post by govmentchedda »

Drew's, "Creed's here" line kills me every time.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Marfa, Texas

For some reason, probably because I was bored while riding a stationary bike and watching commercials, the “Marfa, Texas” line intrigued me. I figured maybe Kohler was based there? Nope. It’s a tiny little town of less than 2,000. But it is known as a “major center for minimalist art”. So was that ad for a high-concept, minimalist profile toilet filmed in Marfa in the hopes that some super rich person who appreciates minimalist art would see it and say “hells yeah”?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Also Marfa is just a funny word. Marfa.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Doesn't Marfa have a stand alone Gucci store too? Like middle of nowhere type artists colony with a random luxury store.

ETA - Prada

Apparently just an art installation.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

They shouldn't play TopDogLaw commercials at 6 in the morning.

Or really, ever:

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnnie wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:08 am They shouldn't play TopDogLaw commercials at 6 in the morning.

Or really, ever:

Fuck yeah! Now I'm pumped up to run into the street and get hit by a car so Top Dog Law can make my dreams come true! Whoooooh!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:23 am
Johnnie wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:08 am They shouldn't play TopDogLaw commercials at 6 in the morning.

Or really, ever:

Fuck yeah! Now I'm pumped up to run into the street and get hit by a car so Top Dog Law can make my dreams come true! Whoooooh!
Hey, it could work out.

And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Those radio spots are outstanding. Saul Goodman couldn't have done better.
Totally Kafkaesque
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

And that's just a couple of them. Another one (that I can't find) said some shit like "YOU GOT INTO AN ACCIDENT. YOUR LEG WAS AMPUTATED. AND NOW TOP DOG GOT YOU YOUR MONEY." or some wild shit like that.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Those commercials bring back a memory. My parents, my father especially, regularly watches afternoon syndicated crap tv shows. Where they live, at that time of day, most commercials seem to be for either pharmaceutical drugs, or personal injury lawyers. My father spends a lot of time mocking those adverts. My brother, coincidentally, is a personal injury lawyer. We were all together there in early January, and my brother started taking my father’s jabs personally, and ended up storming off from their home with a hail of harsh words. As the designated family peacemaker, it took me a few weeks to get everybody copacetic, again.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

sancarlos wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:53 pm Those commercials bring back a memory. My parents, my father especially, regularly watches afternoon syndicated crap tv shows. Where they live, at that time of day, most commercials seem to be for either pharmaceutical drugs, or personal injury lawyers. My father spends a lot of time mocking those adverts. My brother, coincidentally, is a personal injury lawyer. We were all together there in early January, and my brother started taking my father’s jabs personally, and ended up storming off from their home with a hail of harsh words. As the designated family peacemaker, it took me a few weeks to get everybody copacetic, again.
Those PI lawyers do a valuable service, because they can do those kinds of cases efficiently enough that people with claims less than $200K can find representation.

And they generally don't waste too much time on loser cases, because it's not worth it to them.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Because of where I live I get both the Philly PI lawyers and the Baltimore PI lawyers:

“If you have a pheone, you have a lawyer.”
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:05 pm And that's just a couple of them. Another one (that I can't find) said some shit like "YOU GOT INTO AN ACCIDENT. YOUR LEG WAS AMPUTATED. AND NOW TOP DOG GOT YOU YOUR MONEY." or some wild shit like that.
I'm now pretty sure we're talking about the same thing here.
mister d wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:18 am Speaking of regional, any of the Philadelphia area swampers know where online I can find the radio commercial for a personal injury firm that's a guy who fell at work ... AT WALMART? The family fell in love with it during the trip last month to the point we all stayed in the car at one point to finish it even though we'd already parked.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

If any of you can produce stuff like that you need to call me. Outstanding. Heard that on the airwaves. J Sanders about as great. Someone post that guy. Anyway I am trying and failing to pull that off on the socials. Truly outstanding. The schtick is small cases cause these fucks make nonsense about big cases. Paper bags of money. Big check. Small dick jokes I want your small cases. Call me.
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

I believe we are in different markets

https://www.tiktok.com/@emoneyhunni/vid ... 2524036398
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Post affirmative action I strive to chase ford transit pseudo health care motor vehicles like a raynham greyhound
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:59 pm
Johnnie wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:05 pm And that's just a couple of them. Another one (that I can't find) said some shit like "YOU GOT INTO AN ACCIDENT. YOUR LEG WAS AMPUTATED. AND NOW TOP DOG GOT YOU YOUR MONEY." or some wild shit like that.
I'm now pretty sure we're talking about the same thing here.
mister d wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:18 am Speaking of regional, any of the Philadelphia area swampers know where online I can find the radio commercial for a personal injury firm that's a guy who fell at work ... AT WALMART? The family fell in love with it during the trip last month to the point we all stayed in the car at one point to finish it even though we'd already parked.
Did you listen to the YouTube videos a couple posts up? They are very, very distinctive. And seems to be a hip hop radio station centric thing.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I did but they didn’t have the Walmart one I badly want to find.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

L-Jam3 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:03 pm Because of where I live I get both the Philly PI lawyers and the Baltimore PI lawyers:

Driving up 95 I am always taken by "Pond Hockey"....and that I am disappointed it is a lawyer.
as a Baltimoron, Simon, Kirk, Eisenburg, Katzenburg are burned into your mind no matter how many different permutations of them.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:26 am
L-Jam3 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:03 pm Because of where I live I get both the Philly PI lawyers and the Baltimore PI lawyers:

Driving up 95 I am always taken by "Pond Hockey"....and that I am disappointed it is a lawyer.
as a Baltimoron, Simon, Kirk, Eisenburg, Katzenburg are burned into your mind no matter how many different permutations of them.
Pond Lehocky, and I think we just had a discussion about them. I recently got a call from an internal recruiter from a law firm with billboards all over NJ. Seemed like a decent job and paid well, I just can't work for a firm with billboards. Maybe I'm being snobby about it, but it just leaves such a bad impression on me. At least their billboards are just the founding partner's name and not cheesy personal injury slogans.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Yeah, that drive in/out of Philadelphia on 95 is about as trashy as it gets in the northeast.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

"X Gon' Give it to Ya" on an Acura ad. Maybe that should go to the Feeling Old thread.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

L-Jam3 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:10 am "X Gon' Give it to Ya" on an Acura ad. Maybe that should go to the Feeling Old thread.
"X gonna give his family longstanding financial support from the beyond" just doesn't have the same ring.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

I know it shouldn't, but the "Lets go SportsBar" from the currently running BW3 makes me chuckle every time.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:18 am I know it shouldn't, but the "Lets go SportsBar" from the currently running BW3 makes me chuckle every time.
Kills me. Box out!
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Fundamentals.

Why do your faces look like that?
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Delaware is right. Beck Bennett really goes for it as the bison.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

I think I like the commercial, but I've already seen it so many times I now hate it too.
Totally Kafkaesque
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Shirley wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:55 pm I think I like the commercial, but I've already seen it so many times I now hate it too.
This.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

lol, I really hate that one. Not trying to be a jerk—it’s just not for me, like pretty much every BWW commercial.

What I do like is That’s What March is For. Mostly because of Nantz. How does he nail it in every commercial he’s in?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Rex wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:49 pm lol, I really hate that one. Not trying to be a jerk—it’s just not for me, like pretty much every BWW commercial.
I googled it, made me appreciate not having to watch commercials
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Rex wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:49 pmWhat I do like is That’s What March is For. Mostly because of Nantz. How does he nail it in every commercial he’s in?
Anti-Russell Wilson situation. No matter how rich he gets, he still kinda gets it like a normal person.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

The owl making pretend machine noises about the eye-examination equipment being used by the optometrist / tech to evaluate its eyes is pretty freakin hilarious.
Noli Timere Messorem
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

mister d wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:47 pm
Rex wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:49 pmWhat I do like is That’s What March is For. Mostly because of Nantz. How does he nail it in every commercial he’s in?
Anti-Russell Wilson situation. No matter how rich he gets, he still kinda gets it like a normal person.
…with the exception of how he likes toast.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

All right, I’ll go there: these Aniston/Friends themed commercials are funnier than Friends ever was
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Rex wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:49 pm lol, I really hate that one. Not trying to be a jerk—it’s just not for me, like pretty much every BWW commercial.

What I do like is That’s What March is For. Mostly because of Nantz. How does he nail it in every commercial he’s in?
BWWW. That's why BW3. The third is for Weck. Not sure what that is. Haven't seen the commercial but the food and atmosphere sucks. Carry on.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

HaulCitgo wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:10 am

BWWW. That's why BW3. The third is for Weck. Not sure what that is. Haven't seen the commercial but the food and atmosphere sucks. Carry on.
Weck is the shortened form of Kummelweck roll. There is a Buffalo dish called beef on a weck, which is a roastbeef sandwich with au jus and horseradish on a kemmelweck roll. It's pretty damned good, and not sure why it hasn't spread. The roll has kosher salt and caraway seeds (think rye bread seeds).

-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

It also hasn't been BW3 in years.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:16 am
Weck is the shortened form of Kummelweck roll. There is a Buffalo dish called beef on a weck, which is a roastbeef sandwich with au jus and horseradish on a kemmelweck roll. It's pretty damned good, and not sure why it hasn't spread. The roll has kosher salt and caraway seeds (think rye bread seeds).