Everyone OK?

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Re: Everyone OK?

Post by DSafetyGuy »

tennbengal wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:41 am I am having a sustained panic attack. Like, for days and days. But otherwise ok.
I had a nice 48+-hour meltdown last Wednesday through Friday (and the ripples are still there), so it happens to more people than you're aware of.

You can imagine I put a pithy cliche of encouragement here, but you should know that you have a lot of friends who are ready to help you.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

tennbengal wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:56 am
brian wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:32 am
The Sybian wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:29 am
tennbengal wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:41 am I am having a sustained panic attack. Like, for days and days. But otherwise ok.
If it makes you feel better, you're not alone on this one.
Same tbh.

I’m sitting on ass in my truck, making no money waiting to get assigned a load back to Vegas for some off-time.
Not for nothing, thought of you yesterday because at Exit 20 on my way up to Exit 27 on I-83 there is a spot were rigs pull off to rest/sleep on the shoulder - sometimes as many as 10-15 on each side. In any event, it just occurred to me that I have not actually taken the time to say...holy shit to you for doing this. What a bad ass thing. Seriously. Really happy for you and kinda amazed at the undertaking.
I hope things are better soon TB. Let me know what your availability is for lunch next week. Love to see you.

I thought of Brian also when I saw those trucks the other day. I did see a story about how few places there are for truckers to pull over to sleep and they are allowed to pull over there. They showed that there have been a number of accidents of cars hitting parked trucks on the shoulder. Tough situation.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

We have an acquaintance who lost her 9-year-old when they were driving to school in the fog and ran into a truck parked on a random side street that is typically not very traffic-heavy.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Well I've had a cold for the last dozen days. Not sick enough to miss more than a day of work, but sick enough to not run or drink or do anything social the entire time, and I usually wake up around 3 in the morning unable to fall back to sleep,and my brother's dog died in a bizarre awful accident which has me feeling terrible for him and his nieces and I think my dishwasher is breaking. And I go back in forth trying to reduce my internet use and then overindulging on the net while not having twitter which I was over dependent on for everything, so not even knowing what to look at besides the Swamp, which has been less active...so could be better, could be worse.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Giff wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:09 am Nearly three hours without a new post in the middle of the morning on a weekday is pretty unprecedented.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Spring springing. Gonna get better all
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

rass wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:40 am
Giff wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:09 am Nearly three hours without a new post in the middle of the morning on a weekday is pretty unprecedented.
I went to our regular beer bar on Friday night (and Saturday and Sunday) and my favorite bartender was working. As I sat down, I noticed he was glaring at me and he very seriously said, "What can I get you, former friend?" I paused for two seconds until it hit me and I responded, "Man, I'm sorry, but Nickelback fucking rocked!"
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Nickelback get a lot more hate than they deserve.

Edited for verb agreement.
Last edited by L-Jam3 on Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

HaulCitgo wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:42 am Spring springing. Gonna get better all
My doc did warn me not to taper off my Prozac until after we get through winter.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

L-Jam3 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:40 am Nickelback get a lot more than they deserve.
Shane Torres, in his bit about Guy Fieri, agrees with you...

Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

GoodKarma wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:16 pm
MaxWebster wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:07 pm hydrox were the original and the infinitely superior sandwich creme cookie dammit.
Damn right!

And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Then rename it so something that doesn't sound like a cleaning product for fuck's sake.

Just, like... what the fuck.

If a syrup brand was once branded Syphloxin in 1908, and the name doesn't age well, you rebrand.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

https://www.rxlist.com/slo-phyllin-drug.htm

One of the most vile noxious vomit inducing liquids ever made. The manufacturer took your advice
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

why shouldn't Oreo change - they're the one that sucks.

(or something like that. reminded me of...)

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:17 pm Then rename it so something that doesn't sound like a cleaning product for fuck's sake.

Just, like... what the fuck.

If a syrup brand was once branded Syphloxin in 1908, and the name doesn't age well, you rebrand.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

GoodKarma wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:16 pm
MaxWebster wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:07 pm hydrox were the original and the infinitely superior sandwich creme cookie dammit.
Damn right!
On this we do agree.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?