Fast Food Thread: Not just about assholes anymore

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Re: Fast Food Thread: Not just about assholes anymore

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I know I'm easily confused, but... I don't understand what's happening in that scenario... They give you two bagel sandwiches? Why?
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

This is where I found out that it's a thing, but I still have no idea why. It seems like they think you can't put a full sandwich's worth of fillings on a bagel (or croissant?) so they spread it out over two. Just nod politely.

he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Well, I'm not a big fan of bagel sandwiches, and the reason comes up in that thread... It's a fucking mess when they heap on the... filling stuff, whatever it might be.

If I want a sandwich, I want it on bread that I'm not having to gnaw on AND the toppings/fillings aren't squirting out everywhere.

I have the same issue with burger places like Red Robin... If I can't reasonably... Wait, nope, not gonna type that.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:59 am Well, I'm not a big fan of bagel sandwiches, and the reason comes up in that thread... It's a fucking mess when they heap on the... filling stuff, whatever it might be.
Panera's bagels are so bread-y that this might just work.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

The asiago for sure. Or just deconstruct it. Point is, 2 pretty good ham and swiss sandwiches for like $5.50 a pop
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

Bacon Turkey Bravo all the way...but yes...basically getting two meals for the price of one.
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Giff wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 pm Stuffed sopapillas are god's gift to us mere humans. You're lucky you made the Blake's post because normally I would not tolerate this sacrilege.
I'm going to Colorado Springs tomorrow to see my parents, and I just spent 20 minutes looking on Yelp to see of there's some place with good stuffed sopapillas in town.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Johnnie wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:40 pm A Bonchon Chicken is opening here soon. Fucking psyched.
They opened today and I went. Waited about 30 minutes because, predictably, it was busy.

I got boneless wings, bulgogi tacos, and fries. I was not impressed. I'll chalk it up to them being busy and me not getting the bone in wings. Various trays came out looking outstanding. But my boneless wings were replacement level. 'Mid' as the kids say.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Johnnie wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 8:37 pm
Johnnie wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:40 pm A Bonchon Chicken is opening here soon. Fucking psyched.
They opened today and I went. Waited about 30 minutes because, predictably, it was busy.

I got boneless wings, bulgogi tacos, and fries. I was not impressed. I'll chalk it up to them being busy and me not getting the bone in wings. Various trays came out looking outstanding. But my boneless wings were replacement level. 'Mid' as the kids say.
I was in Center City Philadelphia last week for a work conference and sometime after midnight on Tuesday I was very drunk and decided I was also really hungry and wandered off into Chinatown and the only place I found that was still open AND serving food was a Bonchon so I ordered a half and half chicken strips and it took about twice as long as they estimated it would so I got a beer while I was waiting which I almost immediately regretted but drank half of anyway and still had no regrets eating the chicken on the way back to the hotel.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Philadelphia has shockingly few late night grab-and-go food options.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

mister d wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:05 am Philadelphia has shockingly few late night grab-and-go food options.
We were in the same location last year and there were a bunch of halal-y trucks around that were perfect for stumbling back to the hotel from a bar. All gone this year.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Johnnie wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 8:37 pm

Yeah, the bone in wings are higher level... everything else is... fine.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

rass wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:09 amWe were in the same location last year and there were a bunch of halal-y trucks around that were perfect for stumbling back to the hotel from a bar. All gone this year.
There are Wawas and shit that have closed too because of increased crime or "increased crime". There's a huge deal with their DA not doing everything possible to fill the jails and it seems like a lot of the corporations have either bought in or are complicit.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.