Random Politics

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

The Sybian
The Dude

Re: Random Politics

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:53 pm Should absolutely, 100% be weaponized against the party that says all LBGTQ+ people (and those straight people who don't vilify trans kids) are pedophiles.
At least he wasn’t a hypocrite. He kept marrying children too young to get pregnant so he wouldn’t have to abort pregnancies. Gotta respect him for being principled.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Chicken. Shit. Coward. Just like the rest of them.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Let's check in on Madison Cawthorne:

Now let's check in on his ex wife:

Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

Legs like Ben Johnson's
Canadian International
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Now let's check in on Jim Abbott's ex-wife

(Picture of a woman winning the World Clapping Championship)
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Tizzyent is so annoying.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Ryan wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:13 am Now let's check in on Jim Abbott's ex-wife

Please retract this immediately. Jim and his wife Dana will be celebrating their 33rd wedding anniversary this year and he does not have an ex.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

mister d wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:59 am
Ryan wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:13 am Now let's check in on Jim Abbott's ex-wife

Please retract this immediately. Jim and his wife Dana will be celebrating their 33rd wedding anniversary this year and he does not have an ex.
Gotta hand it to them.
Totally Kafkaesque
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Johnnie wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:58 pm
Very interesting that that comes from foxnews.com. But I made the mistake of actually reading the article. Hoo boy. A great example of "the worst person in the world made a good point."
Totally Kafkaesque
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I feel so sorry for a very good friend of mine. We were college roommates and I was in his wedding. We still chat regularly as part of a text group of old friends.

The reason I feel for him is that his adult son and daughter (especially the son) have turned into rabid right-wingers, actively spouting the worst misinformation and distortions from Newsmax, OAN, and Fox news. It’s hard to believe educated people really accept that shit as fact, but they certainly do.

My friend and his wife are reasonable, thoughtful people. But they just have to deal with it, if they want to see their grandkids and have some family time. So frustrating.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

That’s a reversal. Where are they from?
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Giff wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:07 am That’s a reversal. Where are they from?
Suburb of Denver. So, that ain’t the source. And, it certainly isn’t due to the parenting received.

My friend’s son is a dean of students at a public high school, and hates his job, given that he is a bigot, especially having to deal with LGBQT issues among the students.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:07 am That’s a reversal. Where are they from?
Yeah, I was going to say it’s like a parent burying a child, shouldn’t happen that way.
-Pruitt
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

The feeling must be like when a kid joins a cult or (as in the case of my nephew) becomes ultra-religious. His parents did the works to appease his "needs."

I like to think that I'd have done the same, but I'm not sure that I would have.

But when there's grandkids involved? That's a whole next level of stress.
Canadian International
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

The easiest question to put those on the right on their heels is to ask them, in the year and a half that they’ve held Congress, what did they accomplish other than defections from the party and repeatedly getting their own Speakers fired?

And if they reply something along the lines of that they don’t want government to work, remind them that you know that, considering the Republican-led White House’s inaction caused an extra 200K dead Americans during Covid.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

L-Jam3 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:23 pm that you know that, considering the Republican-led White House’s inaction caused an extra 200K dead Americans during Covid.
These people deny that. They believe that Covid was just a bad flu, and they are also against vaccines. It’s hard to argue with people who believe bullshit is fact, and facts are bullshit.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

sancarlos wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:31 pm
L-Jam3 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:23 pm that you know that, considering the Republican-led White House’s inaction caused an extra 200K dead Americans during Covid.
These people deny that. They believe that Covid was just a bad flu, and they are also against vaccines. It’s hard to argue with people who believe bullshit is fact, and facts are bullshit.
Then tell them to go fuck themselves. I’m through dealing with these leaking colostomy-bags with kid gloves.

Seriously, though. They’re not going to debate in good faith, or consider our rightful position because that would mean they’d have to implicitly admit they may be wrong. They’ll never change. Fuck them.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

fuck yeah
lining up behind team L-Jam3 here
L-Jam3 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:39 pm
sancarlos wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:31 pm
Then tell them to go fuck themselves. I’m through dealing with these leaking colostomy-bags with kid gloves.

Seriously, though. They’re not going to debate in good faith, or consider our rightful position because that would mean they’d have to implicitly admit they may be wrong. They’ll never change. Fuck them.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I’m a little tied up until Wednesday. If anyone has a chance, can you email Senator Tom Cotton and tell him to go fuck himself? I will when I get back.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Dark Brandon Strikes Again

And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

So, if I understand this correctly, the TikTok bill going through Congress right now is designed to force them to transfer ownership to an American entity. I understand that the Chinese say that is not going to happen. This issue scares the hell out of me, because if access to TikTok ends up getting denied, and the youth of America believes it is Biden‘s fault, I believe it could have negative implications on the election.

Thoughts?
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:56 pm Dark Brandon Strikes Again

The bravest thing Biden has done is hire Lina Khan to head the FTC because I'm sure his donors hate him for it. Even better, she's an absolute superstar to much of the next generation of lawyers so a fuckton are going into anti-trust to fight the oligarchy because of her.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Someone on here is actually praising Biden for something? Holy shit.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

brian wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:33 pm Someone on here is actually praising Biden for something? Holy shit.
While I'm feeling charitable, Mayor Pete did a good thing today too!
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

I'm sure someone will find a deep cut tweet from a nobody illustrating why those are all failures of the party that isn't openly celebrating fascism.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:12 pm So, if I understand this correctly, the TikTok bill going through Congress right now is designed to force them to transfer ownership to an American entity. I understand that the Chinese say that is not going to happen. This issue scares the hell out of me, because if access to TikTok ends up getting denied, and the youth of America believes it is Biden‘s fault, I believe it could have negative implications on the election.

Thoughts?
Interesting thought, but is TikTok’s demographic of voting age? My son will be 18, not sure if girls his age are on TikTok, but my 15 yo’s friends are obsessed.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

They gave TikTok 9 months instead of 6 to be transferred.

So surprise, surprise. It won't mess with the election.

But yes, the move is massively tone deaf and partially hypocritical since there's been outreach to influencers to get folks to vote.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Jerloma wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:55 pm
brian wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:33 pm Someone on here is actually praising Biden for something? Holy shit.
I think a potential side effect of the "delay" portion of this new policy (airlines have to compensate travelers for 3+ hour delays) is that airlines will shuffle their aircraft around when possible, creating situations where more travelers are delayed, just for less than three hours.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:27 am
Jerloma wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:55 pm
I think a potential side effect of the "delay" portion of this new policy (airlines have to compensate travelers for 3+ hour delays) is that airlines will shuffle their aircraft around when possible, creating situations where more travelers are delayed, just for less than three hours.
Because of connecting flights most airlines won’t be able to screw with this too much. So if ultimately it results in a tiny increase in delays overall but fewer long delays I think that’s a net win for flyers.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnnie wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:52 am They gave TikTok 9 months instead of 6 to be transferred.

So surprise, surprise. It won't mess with the election.

But yes, the move is massively tone deaf and partially hypocritical since there's been outreach to influencers to get folks to vote.
Not to mention Biden recently created a TikTok account he uses.
-Pruitt
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Gov Kristi Noem is a psychopath...and wrote about it in her new book...

Trump VP contender Kristi Noem writes of killing dog – and goat – in new book
In 1952, as a Republican candidate for vice-president, Richard Nixon famously stirred criticism by admitting receiving a dog, Checkers, as a political gift.

In 2012, as the Republican presidential nominee, Mitt Romney was pilloried for tying a dog, Seamus, to the roof of the family car for a cross-country trip.

But in 2024 Kristi Noem, a strong contender to be named running mate to Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee, has managed to go one further – by admitting killing a dog of her own.

“Cricket was a wirehair pointer, about 14 months old,” the South Dakota governor writes in a new book, adding that the dog, a female, had an “aggressive personality” and needed to be trained to be used for hunting pheasant.

What unfolds over the next few pages shows how that effort went very wrong indeed – and, remarkably, how Cricket was not the only domestic animal Noem chose to kill one day in hunting season.
The kicker?
In what may prove a contender for the greatest understatement of election year, Noem adds: “I guess if I were a better politician I wouldn’t tell the story here.”
She's really putting in the effort to be Trump's VP choice...
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Also the supreme court seems poised to end democracy.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

P.D.X. wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:06 am Also the supreme court seems poised to end democracy.
This is one of those "worst person you know" situations, because here is a great article from the Bulwark of all places:

https://www.thebulwark.com/p/conservati ... the%20ages
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.