More Backroom Deals Than Tammany Hall - A Youth Soccer Tale

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

elflaco2
Brandt

Re: More Backroom Deals Than Tammany Hall - A Youth Soccer Tale

Post by elflaco2 »

when i coached up to u12 -- used an app with the other coach to keep track of who was on and for how long - anyone watned toask.. we had data to show at end of season.. always worked out..
from u13-u19.. no guarantee on any time especially at 15-19 -- and those teams generally only had 2 or 3 subs (despite having 20+ kids on the team) so wasnt' hard to get people in.. at the older end -- you practice you play.. you don't practice.. don't expect to get a lot of playing time.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

elflaco2 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:10 am when i coached up to u12 -- used an app with the other coach to keep track of who was on and for how long - anyone watned toask.. we had data to show at end of season.. always worked out..
from u13-u19.. no guarantee on any time especially at 15-19 -- and those teams generally only had 2 or 3 subs (despite having 20+ kids on the team) so wasnt' hard to get people in.. at the older end -- you practice you play.. you don't practice.. don't expect to get a lot of playing time.
My daughter's team has the added joy of rostering 21 girls and you can only dress 18 for a game. Coach sends out an email Friday afternoons with the roster for the Saturday or Sunday games. Added stress when away games are in Maryland and most people get a hotel and stay overnight. It's pretty rare that players don't/can't come to a game, so you have to plan your weekends and hope your kid makes the roster. So far it's been the same 4 girls getting cut, which he seems to rotate between them, but there is still that moment of panic opening the email, looking through his list and missing your daughter's name the first read through. I feel bad for one of the girls who gets cut. She is also new to the team. Played on the summer team, and I thought she was really good, so I was surprised she kept getting dropped. My daughter said she had a knee injury in school soccer and is playing timid, afraid to go into tackles, and that's why the coach doesn't rate her. They had a different coach for the summer tournaments.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

My club just announced it's new technical director....John Harkes
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Just don't let him near the wives.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Home game for state final four.

Facilities will be challenged. Bordering on unsafe. Worth it to see girl (who qualified for sectionals) jump the fence with students and mob the team.

Boy played in two games but a cheerleader now so a quince court gets priority over film session?
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Congrats. And are you running their social media account? Or do North Atlanta soccer dads all just write like that?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

rass wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:24 am Congrats. And are you running their social media account? Or do North Atlanta soccer dads all just write like that?
I mean, it's funny because...
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Nah. JV coach is the journalism and newspaper teacher so he has a staff I'm sure. Great minds have the same writing style?