NFL 2024 Offseason

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: NFL 2024 Offseason

Post by brian »

Guessing the schedule will be dropping Thursday. It’s usually the second Thursday in May.

Just realized the Lions only play three true outdoor games this year (Chicago, Green Bay and San Francisco). Other road games are Houston, Dallas, Arizona, Minnesota and Indy).
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Lions extend Goff for 4 years/$212M, $170M guaranteed.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

One of the former Football Outsiders writers wrote at FTN that Justin Fields faced the highest pressure rate (41.1%) in the NFL among 36 QBs with a minimum of 200 pass plays.

In addition to drafting Caleb Williams, the Bears released one starting lineman, traded for one reserve offensive lineman (19 starts in five seasons, 15 in 2022), signed three other offensive linemen (one two-year starter, one with 24 starts in five seasons, and one with nine starts in three seasons), and drafted an offensive lineman from Yale who had his last season ended after four games by injury.

Hard to believe the Bears are asking a rookie quarterback to overcome his offensive line. At least one of Williams' strengths is the ability to create on the move.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

I think you're vastly underrating the role of a quarterback when it comes to pressure rate in that message -- given the additions to the receiving corps (and Williams' strengths), I'd be willing to bet it's lower in 2024
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Holy shit. I loved this part, "the tyranny of diversity, equity and inclusion." How does someone type or read those words and not think - wait, what am I saying?
Totally Kafkaesque
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

A kicker being comfortable saying that probably gives some sort of view into sports locker rooms.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Swifties, activate.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

"ThE LiBz CaNcElLeD mE."
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Brontoburglar wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:09 am I think you're vastly underrating the role of a quarterback when it comes to pressure rate in that message -- given the additions to the receiving corps (and Williams' strengths), I'd be willing to bet it's lower in 2024
The good news is, just like Fields, Williams also has a tendency to hold onto the ball for a very long time.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:00 pm
Brontoburglar wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:09 am I think you're vastly underrating the role of a quarterback when it comes to pressure rate in that message -- given the additions to the receiving corps (and Williams' strengths), I'd be willing to bet it's lower in 2024
The good news is, just like Fields, Williams also has a tendency to hold onto the ball for a very long time.
the quality of his offensive line play relative to his opponents will be better though
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

I find the Butker stuff unsurprising in the slightest. he's been very open about his Catholicism that is very, very, very conservative to the point of Latin mass and pre-Vatican II stuff. he cited his Catholicism as why he didn't get the covid vaccine, for instance

of course, it's inexcusable, but Benedictine largely knew what it was getting from him when they asked him to be the speaker. it's an extremely conservative college itself. given the viewpoints involved from all parties, I wonder if the more troublesome remarks from the college's view were not *gestures broadly at everything else* but his comments telling young women who have worked ~4 years to set themselves up for their future careers that they are being played
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Was Jesus really big on assertive masculinity and fighting against DEI?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

I think that was before modern American times of intertwining party politics with organized religion
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Ravens fans getting the "Are You Still Watching" somewhere around mid-third quarter.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

mister d wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:53 pm Was Jesus really big on assertive masculinity and fighting against DEI?
Yes. And leaving immigrants to drown. And machine guns.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:26 pm
mister d wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:53 pm Was Jesus really big on assertive masculinity and fighting against DEI?
Yes. And leaving immigrants to drown. And machine guns.
While riding his raptor.

Jesus is the greatest DEI story of all time considering there are zero white people in the Bible. But of course present day white conservative Christian people conveniently leave that part out.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Look, I'm no theologian but allow me to assure you guys that any honest reading of the gospels and/or Damascus Paul's nonsense thereafter will not leave you thinking "Just a humble man with progressive ethical teachings" but "Deity who will fuck you up if you choose not to surrender your critical faculties to him and his dad who is also him." I can assure you that this is the primary narrative of the NT.

And sure, I suppose the kid-fucking, Nazi gold cabal has done a decent job extracting what little decent moral philosophy made it's way in there to soften the narrative so that it conforms to modernity, but there's no hypocrisy in being both a Catholic and a troglodyte.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Brontoburglar wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:50 pm I find the Butker stuff unsurprising in the slightest. he's been very open about his Catholicism that is very, very, very conservative to the point of Latin mass and pre-Vatican II stuff. he cited his Catholicism as why he didn't get the covid vaccine, for instance

of course, it's inexcusable, but Benedictine largely knew what it was getting from him when they asked him to be the speaker. it's an extremely conservative college itself. given the viewpoints involved from all parties, I wonder if the more troublesome remarks from the college's view were not *gestures broadly at everything else* but his comments telling young women who have worked ~4 years to set themselves up for their future careers that they are being played
If he's a fucknuckle ignoring medical advice and advocating for women to be in the home, I hope his mom gives him a spanking for being a douchebag.

You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Man, giving a commencement speech telling all the female graduates they won't have a career even if they want one, and should give up everything to focus on being a wife and mother... I'm sure the women and their parents are thrilled with their $150,000 investment and work over the past 4 years.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Lions release video wasn’t as clever but we did get Tim Robinson and Sam Richardson.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Accusations/rumors flying* that Butker hooked up with guys in college. Which, I don't care, just don't be a hypocrite about it.

* - It looks like a couple of accounts have posted things but I dont know if it's the same person or not on multiple replies and/or platforms.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Lol. That would make sense actually. I bet it's true.

Edit

Such a cute couple. Now I know where he put his fist.

A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Netflix announces Jerry Jones documentary series is 10 parts
Netflix has announced its 10-part documentary series on Jerry Jones.

The fact the entertainment company is making a documentary about the Cowboys’ owner, though, isn’t new. It was reported almost a year ago that Netflix paid just under $50 million in winning a bidding war with ESPN and Amazon.
10 episodes????
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Looking forward to the episode about his being part of the crowd gathered to harass the little girls who were integrating the Arkansas school.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian