WHO DICKS THE DICKFUCKERS?

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

rass
The Dude

WHO DICKS THE DICKFUCKERS?

Post by rass »

In this thread we will determine who the true dickfucker(s) are/were in the "Jerry Seinfeld is not dead" thread.

The first explicit accusation of dickfuckery occurred in the ninth post of the thread, via A_B:
A_B wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:33 am Listen here, dickfuckers, I was trying to say Seinfeld working with her wasn't really something that made him lucky, which is what the posts previous to mine were talking about.
A_B appears to be accusing a group of "dickfuckers" of over-stating Julia Louis -Dreyfus' (JLD) contributions to the overall success of the show Seinfeld, presumably done by those "dickfuckers" in an effort to discredit or at least retroactively lessen Seinfeld's own contributions to the same show.

But who was A_B referring to? Let's peel back the layers of his full quoted text block and the thread itself and see.

(For completeness, the post immediately prior to A_B's "dickfucker" accusation is from wlu_lax, and while the story he linked to involves JLD, it has little to nothing do with the show Seinfeld. So while terminally more than happy to jack off a thread on a barely related tangent, we can confidently conclude that wlu_lax is not a dickfucker and that he was not what triggered A_B's ire.)

Let's look at what A_B actually quoted:
Pruitt wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:53 am
tennbengal wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:58 am
A_B wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:30 pm I think Dreyfus is amazing but I think her wings probably spread on the new adventures of old Christine. She wasn’t really pushed that much on Seinfeld. Talented but she was at best third wheel in that show and you can make a big argument for fourth.
HOT TAKE
Steaming Hot!

Kramer became a grating presence after a while. Towards the end of the run, seeing Newman was kind of refreshing.

But post-Seinfeld, Julia Louise Dreyfus became legendary.
TB appears to be applying a bit of slightly overused if still relevant and recognizable internet/social media parlance to joke about A_B's statement of opinion about JLD.

Pruitt seems to be... in 100% agreement with A_B? I am hard-pressed to see why any reasonable person would accuse them of being dickfuckers based on these posts. A later post in the thread by A_B himself would appear to confirm this:
A_B wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:29 am THIS WAS MY WHOLE FUCKING POINT! I think pruitt and bengal also agreed with me (the sarcastic hot take stuff usually means what was posted is generally considered to be true, right?) but had to be dickknuckles about it!
dickknuckles<>dickfuckers

Dead end? Let's re-read A_B's original text, this time ignoring the inflammatory nature of this language and parsing for other clues of context:
A_B wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:33 am Listen here, dickfuckers, I was trying to say Seinfeld working with her wasn't really something that made him lucky, which is what the posts previous to mine were talking about.
So what "posts" were there previous to his?
The Sybian wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:21 pm I definitely get the sense that Larry David was really the motor behind that show, but he didn't have the confidence or ability to get it done on his own. Jerry was a horrendous actor, and the writing really seems much more Larry's than Jerry's. It's also interesting that I had the sens of him being the biggest standup star back then, but his standup really wasn't that great.
Syb talked about Larry David, no JLD content.

The two posts prior to Syb were sancarlos commenting on a post by mister d, and mister d's post:
mister d wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:49 pm Don't forget dated a HS kid.
Everyone, even A_B, loves sancarlos. And while a noted dick, mister d hasn't demonstrated dickfucker tendencies in the thread in question.

That leaves one post in the thread to examine, the thread originating post from edromero:
EdRomero wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:04 pm From a discussion in the Netflix thread, I think he's a fascinating person to examine. He struck gold getting to work with Larry David and Julia Louise Dreyfus (and to a lesser extent, all the other people associated with the show). As much as I loved his shows, my opinion of him has drastically gone down in the last few years (and I still religiously follow the Simpsons and DMB, so if a popular 90's act is losing me, that's pretty bad).
Speaking of striking gold, there we go! A clear reference to JLD, crediting her along with non-eponymous co-creator of Seinfeld with a large share of credit for the success of the show.

So only one post prior to A_B's original post in the thread directly referenced JLD, and that post also expressly credited her with the success of Seinfield the TV show. We'll forgive the unneeded pluralization of "dickfucker" and assume that edromero was the dickfucker. Case closed?

NO!

Let's look at edromero's response to the "dickfucker" post and A_B's subsequent response to edromero:
EdRomero wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:40 am
It did. You put a less talented actresses in the Elaine role and the show is not the same. Having a super talented and funny actress with that group was necessary. Maybe you would have preferred Ellen Degeneres. Ballsfucker.
A_B wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:44 am You were not one of the aforementioned dickfuckers, but I grant you membership as of now.
As we have painstakingly established, the only post in the thread that met A_B's standard of dickfuckery at the point in time that the accusation of dickfuckery was made was from edromero. But A_B himself later stated edromero was not originally considered a dickfucker!

The only conclusion this researcher can take from this analysis is that the most egregious bit of dickfuckery in the "Jerry Seinfeld is not dead" thread is the original, wanton, aimless and seemingly baseless usage of "dickfuckers" by A_B himself.

Yes, lady and gentlemen, A_B fucked the dicks and/or dicked the fucks.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
rass
The Dude

Re: WHO DICKS THE DICKFUCKERS?

Post by rass »

GFD TB...
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

rass wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:08 amGFD TB...
Why didn’t you put up the “I’m typing a brilliant post” sign ? That’s on you...
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Bengal has a couple of drinks and goes on a poststorm and it's adorable. AB has some drinks and posts an appropriately-temperatured take and he's a dickfucker. Got it.

(This was great, BTW)
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

How much dick could a dickfucker fuck if a dickfucker could fuck dicks?
THERE’S NOWT WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Can we examine what, exactly, is a dickfucker?

Are we talking about a woman's vagina? Anus? Man's anus? Somehow fucking a dude's urethra?

I'd also like some clarification of a dickknuckle. And should that be hyphenated?
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Its clearly something, implicitly a dick, fucking a dick.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:32 am Can we examine what, exactly, is a dickfucker?

Are we talking about a woman's vagina? Anus? Man's anus? Somehow fucking a dude's urethra?

I'd also like some clarification of a dickknuckle. And should that be hyphenated?
Oh, no. Let's not get into a debate about hyphenating descriptors. It might act as a bat signal.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

The Sybian wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:03 am
Nonlinear FC wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:32 am Can we examine what, exactly, is a dickfucker?

Oh, no. Let's not get into a debate about hyphenating descriptors. It might act as a bat signal.
what would be the brooshkin batsignal?
Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

cerrano wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:10 am
The Sybian wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:03 am

An obese Asian guy in his underwear dancing with a mop.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

mister d wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:39 am Its clearly something, implicitly a dick, fucking a dick.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The Sybian wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:19 am
cerrano wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:10 am
An obese Asian guy in his underwear dancing with a mop.
...while hitting Hood with a club.

And, if I ever need to hire an internet private eye forensic detective, I'm hiring Rass.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

My wife hit a curb today and took out two tires in doing so, which is very similar to something I did in 2019 while driving stick on the un-American side of the car and driving the car on the un-American side of the road (we were in Ireland). She was only a couple of miles from home today. I’ve forgiven her but she feels like shit.

Anyway I can’t believe I’ve never typed up that story here and I’ve been looking for various key phrases like “wheel” (see above there) and holy shit did I have too much time on my hands during the early covid days.

Somehow thanks to AMEX that accident cost us barely anything and today’s oopsie will be at least $700.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

rass wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:48 pm... something I did in 2019 while driving stick on the un-American side of the car and driving the car on the un-American side of the road (we were in Ireland).
I damaged the wheel on my rental car in Scotland, just parking the damned thing.

I found that was the hardest part of driving those backwards-ass cars on those backwards-ass roads - having no sense of how far to the left my car extended. We were driving on pretty narrow roads with lots of logging trucks, so I basically glued my right wheel to the right edge of the road and prayed for the best. It was fucking exhausting.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 4:12 pm
rass wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:48 pm... something I did in 2019 while driving stick on the un-American side of the car and driving the car on the un-American side of the road (we were in Ireland).
I damaged the wheel on my rental car in Scotland, just parking the damned thing.

I found that was the hardest part of driving those backwards-ass cars on those backwards-ass roads - having no sense of how far to the left my car extended. We were driving on pretty narrow roads with lots of logging trucks, so I basically glued my right wheel to the right edge of the road and prayed for the best. It was fucking exhausting.
Ok, real talk here because this is a personal low point.

The day that all happened we were driving from my wife’s cousin’s house in Co. Down (east coast, north of Dublin) to Giant’s Causeway. Which was absolutely incredible and worth the trouble.

As we left there, we made one last stop, a little east, in a town called Ballycastle where on a clear day you can see Scotland. While parking I grazed the car next to me. I checked and you could barely see it and it mostly wiped off (our rental was white) and I just did not have the fucking bandwidth to deal with it so we left. Felt bad for a bit but I’ve never lost sleep over it.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

During my one-month career as a postman, I did enjoy my experience driving a step-van with the wheel on the right side. Backing it up to the loading dock, not so much. The veteran guys reverse-drove them fast and parked at the dock perfectly. If the rookies didn’t approximate that, then shit was given.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

I saw this threat title and I thought "I bet that thread is about parking right-hand-drive cars!" I was totally right.
Totally Kafkaesque