Electric Vehicles

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Johnnie
The Dude

Re: Electric Vehicles

Post by Johnnie »

A_B wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:57 pm If I lived in your neighborhood and you put in a fucking charging station I might murder you in your sleep.
It's not dead center in the neighborhood and you could wall it off.

But for real, the patch of land is so awkward I don't know what you can put there (outside of a playground or parking lot) and it not be a pain in the ass, honestly.

Search:
[+] spoiler
"Del Lago Golf club, AZ" on Google maps. It's directly across the street.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

blundercrush wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:09 pmA hybrid car will still likely run into issues…
What’s your evidence on this?

My wife drives a 2010 Hybrid Ford Escape that we bought new. I drive a 2015 Hybrid Ford Fusion that I got new. No significant issues with either vehicle.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Oh...its just Kid Rock starting a concert at JerryWorld for a pro rodeo stop...coming out in a CyberTruck wrapped as the General Lee from "Dukes of Hazzard"..

This country is soooooo dumb....
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The quicker we move to electric vehicles the better.

And if this is how you have to cater to the lowest common denominator to get there, fantastic.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Johnnie wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:28 pm
A_B wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:57 pm If I lived in your neighborhood and you put in a fucking charging station I might murder you in your sleep.
It's not dead center in the neighborhood and you could wall it off.

But for real, the patch of land is so awkward I don't know what you can put there (outside of a playground or parking lot) and it not be a pain in the ass, honestly.

Search:
[+] spoiler
"Del Lago Golf club, AZ" on Google maps. It's directly across the street.
Yeah, but I don't really want to use a charging station stuck in the middle of nowhere or a residential area. If I'm taking a 20-30 min break on a road trip, I want to get some food or drink and have a place to pee.
Totally Kafkaesque
blundercrush
Brandt

Post by blundercrush »

sancarlos wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:50 pm
blundercrush wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:09 pmA hybrid car will still likely run into issues…
What’s your evidence on this?

My wife drives a 2010 Hybrid Ford Escape that we bought new. I drive a 2015 Hybrid Ford Fusion that I got new. No significant issues with either vehicle.
I was referring to plugin hybrids, which, while the title to the article makes them seem better, that is referring to non-plugin models, which are mostly internal combustion engines with regenerative braking.

https://www.autoguide.com/auto/featured ... r-44608540
blundercrush
Brandt

Post by blundercrush »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:03 pm
blundercrush wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:09 pmAlso full self driving will absolutely kill you/your family, and your neighbors, so if you are stupid enough to use that shit you deserve what's coming to you.
To be fair, so will human drivers.
To equivocate the two would be to say it's acceptable for 16 year olds blitzed out of their minds to drive in a snow storm. They are not remotely the same, even bad drivers in mediocre conditions are significantly better than FSD in perfectly ideal conditions.

I realize I sound like I am being hyperbolic, but in reports to the NHTSA Tesla only claim it is level 2 self driving, which not remotely close to full self driving. Also notice how the company doesn't take responsibility for FSD fucking up. Also, camera only FSD is a straight up scam.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

It's so cool to see how electric cars are kicking the auto industry in the nads. I think most people, me included, didn't even realize how much of a shakeup that industry needed.
Totally Kafkaesque