Poles and Polls

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

temporassy
Jackie Treehorn

Poles and Polls

Post by temporassy »

My wife has an acquaintance on FB who, while not a stripper, is very into pole dancing. Based on her feed, she has at least one pole installed in her house, and is constantly posting pictures of herself in various pole related poses (damn the rules, but I will say she's very fit and sort of cute). Yesterday she posted an image of a dancer in silhouette wearing angel wings hanging off a cross. Sacrilicious!

Anyway, are run of the mill users unable to create polls in the current forum? If I'm missing something obvious, go ahead and chalk it up to me being part Polish.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Poles and Polls

Post by A_B »

faq.php#f2r3

Seems like maybe it is turned off.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
ZMan
Brandt

Post by ZMan »

One vote for "Sacrilicious"
Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Three Orange Whips!
Test Ride the Sybian
Jackie Treehorn

Post by Test Ride the Sybian »

temporassy wrote:My wife has an acquaintance on FB who, while not a stripper, is very into pole dancing. Based on her feed, she has at least one pole installed in her house, and is constantly posting pictures of herself in various pole related poses (damn the rules, but I will say she's very fit and sort of cute). Yesterday she posted an image of a dancer in silhouette wearing angel wings hanging off a cross. Sacrilicious!

Anyway, are run of the mill users unable to create polls in the current forum? If I'm missing something obvious, go ahead and chalk it up to me being part Polish.

Fuck, my wife needs to start rethinking her hobbies. That could be a lot of fun for, well, not the whole family, but the adult half of the family. A lot more fun than running on the treadmill. Sort of cute is good enough for me, damn your wife's rules, post the pic!
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Test Ride the Sybian wrote:
temporassy wrote:My wife has an acquaintance on FB who, while not a stripper, is very into pole dancing. Based on her feed, she has at least one pole installed in her house, and is constantly posting pictures of herself in various pole related poses (damn the rules, but I will say she's very fit and sort of cute). Yesterday she posted an image of a dancer in silhouette wearing angel wings hanging off a cross. Sacrilicious!

Fuck...my wife .... That could be a lot of fun for... me,...
admin
Maude Lebowski

Post by admin »

temporassy wrote:Anyway, are run of the mill users unable to create polls in the current forum? If I'm missing something obvious, go ahead and chalk it up to me being part Polish.
No. It's enabled.

At the bottom of your composition window, that's where you'll find the option(s) for poll thread creation.
Johnny Hotcakes
Brandt

Post by Johnny Hotcakes »

Damn Poles.
Popin' ain't easy
temporassy
Jackie Treehorn

Post by temporassy »

That shit wasn't there earlier, but thanks.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Indeed it was not.
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

It wasn't there or you didn't notice it? Meh, no matter. I went to the Group Permission settings, advanced settings, checked to see that Registered Members had permission to create polls (Group Permissions > Swamp > Misc), verified that it was "yes", didn't change any settings but did hit "submit" instead of "cancel". Now . . . that may have activated the setting. I'm not precisely certain. But if it works now, I'm not going to screw with it.

Bear in mind that phpBB3 is a complex piece of software, far more complicated than earlier versions of phpBB that we used. There's a lot to it. That's why I'm trying to get it set up as best I can, to everyone's liking, stabilized as much as possible, before I hand it all over to Rush2112.
Your own personal AR-15 wielding Jesus
temporassy
Jackie Treehorn

Post by temporassy »

No problem, man.
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

Poles between poles.

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

MaxWebster wrote:Poles between poles.

Turn the W crest sideways, and that would have been the greatest Swamp picture pun ever. so close, Max.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

When I went to Scottsdale for a night, my friends and I hit up this one particular bar/club/snob hangout. It had a small stage and a pole. Everyone's crowded around the bar and I'm kinda hanging off to the side just chatting with everyone when suddenly these 2 chicks get up on there and do some serious acrobatics stuff. I was floored. And I'm the only one watching these 2 while everyone else is getting their stupid fucking drinks. Pure brilliance is going on within arms reach of me. I talked to them afterward and they were dancers (NOT strippers) just marketing their business. It was great. My buddy took pics with me and them. Of course I was a few in, so I was a bit more, uhhhh, animated then usual. Regardless, that was an awesome night.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Johnnie wrote:Of course I was a few in, so I was a bit more, uhhhh, animated then usual. Regardless, that was an awesome night.
No doubt, you mean loose and conversational.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Quinnipiac U in Pittsburgh seems like a fit in here.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Hodor
Jackie Treehorn

Post by Hodor »

Hodor