NFL Preseason Football Thread 2014 (Because we can!)

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Jerloma
The Dude

Re: NFL Preseason Football Thread 2014 (Because we can!)

Post by Jerloma »

I haven't been following this entirely. Why is Gordon suspended for the year for weed?
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Jerloma wrote:I haven't been following this entirely. Why is Gordon suspended for the year for weed?

Third offense.
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

AB_skin_test wrote:
Jerloma wrote:I haven't been following this entirely. Why is Gordon suspended for the year for weed?

Third offense.
What did he get for 1st and 2nd?
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Hmm. Looks like his first time was in college. So just two NFL suspensions. But the first NFL one got him suspended for the first two games last year. Then this offseason he had a DUI and a failed drug test.

edit: OK, looks like you get suspended after your 2nd failed test and put into the "tested anytime and all the time" program.
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

AB_skin_test wrote:Hmm. Looks like his first time was in college. So just two NFL suspensions. But the first NFL one got him suspended for the first two games last year. Then this offseason he had a DUI and a failed drug test.

edit: OK, looks like you get suspended after your 2nd failed test and put into the "tested anytime and all the time" program.
The thing about his test is that it was within the deviation of the test, he had another one at the same time that passed...and he didn't hit his fiance.

I think it's more about the DUI then the test.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

tennbengal wrote:Re-cue the jokes that he should have hit his girlfriend instead.
My favorite quote: "You can hit Mary, but you can't hit Mary Jane."
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Browns fans are enjoying the team's last 10 days at .500
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

But, at least he admits he shit the bed on that one and is changing things for the future. At least a step in the right direction.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

J-Lo, between this board and your facebook posts, I can't tell if this is performance art, or if you're really that lacking in self-awareness. I'm pretty sure it's the former, but I wouldn't be my mortgage payment on it.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

L-Jam3 wrote:J-Lo, between this board and your facebook posts, I can't tell if this is performance art, or if you're really that lacking in self-awareness. I'm pretty sure it's the former, but I wouldn't be my mortgage payment on it.
Well, like the comment above, I do practice in the art of tongue-in-cheek self-deprecation quite often but for the record, what specifically is that you take issue with that indicates me lacking in self-awareness? I'd be more than happy to address that for you so that you don't need to deal with this confusion any longer.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Lions are sitting 12(!) starters for tonight's preseason game. Not even dressing them. Anyone who pays more than about $3 or $4 for preseason tickets is a sucker.
phxgators
Bunny Lebowski

Post by phxgators »

brian wrote:Lions are sitting 12(!) starters for tonight's preseason game. Not even dressing them. Anyone who pays more than about $3 or $4 for preseason tickets is a sucker.
I'd bet the Cardinals and Chargers sit more. 4th preseason game, plus they play each other to open the regular season.
Last edited by phxgators on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Whether they go to 18 games or not, they really need to get rid of at least 1 preseason game. I can't imagine why need more than 3.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

brian wrote:Lions are sitting 12(!) starters for tonight's preseason game. Not even dressing them. Anyone who pays more than about $3 or $4 for preseason tickets is a sucker.
They're Bills fans. Of course they're suckers.

My father has had Bills' season tickets for 35 years. The fact that he has to buy preseason tickets is one of his pet peeves. The fact that these tickets are sold at the same price as regular season tickets is an ongoing "Fuck You" to the fans.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
DC47
Walter Sobchak

Post by DC47 »

Lions fans who made the trip would actually pay more if they had assurances that more starters would sit. At least $10 per ticket in value is attributable to Stafford and Calvin sitting. This assures that the fans will not have to witness season-ending injuries that doom the team before their actual real-season performance dooms them.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Standard disclaimer that NFL contracts are never worth as much as reported, but the Chiefs just gave Alex Smith 4 years, $68M for some damn reason.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

He's actually getting a shit ton of guaranteed coin. $30 million this year.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Jerloma wrote:
L-Jam3 wrote:J-Lo, between this board and your facebook posts, I can't tell if this is performance art, or if you're really that lacking in self-awareness. I'm pretty sure it's the former, but I wouldn't be my mortgage payment on it.
Well, like the comment above, I do practice in the art of tongue-in-cheek self-deprecation quite often but for the record, what specifically is that you take issue with that indicates me lacking in self-awareness? I'd be more than happy to address that for you so that you don't need to deal with this confusion any longer.
L-Jam?