Roger Godell's Terrible No Good Bad (Infinity) - the whoopin

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Gunpowder
The Dude

Re: Roger Godell's Terrible No Good Bad Day - the Rice video

Post by Gunpowder »

Judges hate mandatory minimums. Goodell basically needs them to properly function.

Pick up Josh Gordon in your fantasy leagues if he's available.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Ok, BFJ, now you can jump on the side of "there's never justification for punching a woman" rather than talk about all this charging nonsense.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4645/ray-rice" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Sabo wrote:The Ravens have released Ray Rice, according to the Yahoo Sports app on my phone.

Don't want this to get lost in the previous page.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I can't help but think that's really lame, coming at this point.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Big news from @mortreport: Ray Rice released. Finished with Baltimore.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Ravens had no other choice. If they really saw the video over the summer should have been done then.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

brian wrote:Ravens had no other choice. If they really saw the video over the summer should have been done then.
Right?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

brian wrote:Ravens had no other choice. If they really saw the video over the summer should have been done then.
I think this makes them look even worse. What's the message? We totally support Ray Rice even after seeing that video but now that it got leaked and everyone is outraged, we're totally taking the moral high road?
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Jerloma wrote:
I think this makes them look even worse. What's the message? We totally support Ray Rice even after seeing that video but now that it got leaked and everyone is outraged, we're totally taking the moral high road?
Duh. Because America.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Jerloma wrote:
Yup. Spot on.

Ravens should just avoid players named "ray" to be on the safe side.
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jerloma wrote:
Totally, but from a PR standpoint, they kind of have to now. How did Rice look in preseason? If he was looking like his old self as opposed to last year's form, would that factor into the decision to cut him? I'd have to say yes. From a fantasy perspective, do I now have to worry about Giovanni Bernard losing touches?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

How is this guy feeling today?

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/art ... 8552b14c2b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

lol - Goodell has announced Rice is indefinitely suspended.

Fuckin' resign already, you giant doofus of hilarity.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

I imagine Gary Bettman is loving this, because he is no longer the worst commissioner in American sports.
THERE’S NOWT WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

You gotta be fucking kidding me with this shit.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Jerloma wrote:You gotta be fucking kidding me with this shit.
Brandon McCarthy tweeted this is Michael Scott-esque. It's almost parody at this point.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Goodell just came out with a domestic abuse policy last week which said the 1st offense is 6 games but it didn't apply to Rice. Now, NOTHING new has happened and he suspends him indefinitely. What the fuck? I mean...what the ever-loving fuck? Is this guy even serious?
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

I can't believe the NFL is going to allow Goodell to continue to be the face of "player safety" while at the same time trying to sell a franchise in London and an 18-game schedule and expanded playoffs when he so obviously is so profoundly stupid that he needs directions on how to put on his pants in the morning.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

But hey, the NFL is raking in dough under Goodell. I don't think it is because of him, but that is ultimately how he is measured. Just as long as he protects the shield from players second hand smoking a joint, we are good.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Jerloma wrote:Goodell just came out with a domestic abuse policy last week which said the 1st offense is 6 games but it didn't apply to Rice. Now, NOTHING new has happened and he suspends him indefinitely. What the fuck? I mean...what the ever-loving fuck? Is this guy even serious?
Sooo ... is it fair to wonder if Goodell starts the 2015 season yet?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

mister d wrote:
Jerloma wrote:Goodell just came out with a domestic abuse policy last week which said the 1st offense is 6 games but it didn't apply to Rice. Now, NOTHING new has happened and he suspends him indefinitely. What the fuck? I mean...what the ever-loving fuck? Is this guy even serious?
Sooo ... is it fair to wonder if Goodell starts the 2015 season yet?
If the media does their job right and gets to the bottom of this aspect of the story about whether or not the NFL saw the video inside the elevator or why they didn't ask for it...he shouldn't make it through today.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

The re-tweets of the Ravens official Twitter feed on Janay Rice apologizing for her role in this are flying. Whoever handles that account for the Ravens is also having a bad day.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

tennbengal wrote:The re-tweets of the Ravens official Twitter feed on Janay Rice apologizing for her role in this are flying. Whoever handles that account for the Ravens is also having a bad day.
Not to mention Peter fucking King who either got hung out to dry by the NFL or had to admit that he reports things from 3rd party sources without confirming them!
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

The Sybian wrote:But hey, the NFL is raking in dough under Goodell. I don't think it is because of him, but that is ultimately how he is measured. Just as long as he protects the shield from players second hand smoking a joint, we are good.

That's the thing though, Syb. He's fucking the shield up so bad. He's like, shitting tarnish all over the shield this year. It's been awful.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Apparently the Ravens have finally taken down and deleted their months ago tweet about Rice's wife apologizing for her role in her beating.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Jerloma wrote:
tennbengal wrote:The re-tweets of the Ravens official Twitter feed on Janay Rice apologizing for her role in this are flying. Whoever handles that account for the Ravens is also having a bad day.
Not to mention Peter fucking King who either got hung out to dry by the NFL or had to admit that he reports things from 3rd party sources without confirming them!
No doubt. Being a boot-licking water-carrying lickspittle occasionally has its karmic price.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

The Sybian wrote:
Jerloma wrote:
Totally, but from a PR standpoint, they kind of have to now. How did Rice look in preseason? If he was looking like his old self as opposed to last year's form, would that factor into the decision to cut him? I'd have to say yes. From a fantasy perspective, do I now have to worry about Giovanni Bernard losing touches?
This is funny. Outdated...but funny!
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Rumor has it goodell will suspend himself for four games and $25,000

also has announced that Jim Irsay will be executed and Wes Welker has been reinstated for yesterday's game with 8 catches and 111 yards and a score.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

tennbengal wrote:
Jerloma wrote:
No doubt. Being a boot-licking water-carrying lickspittle occasionally has its karmic price.
Isn't it even one step worse than that? He accepts things from his unassailable source as fact ... until the NFL tells him not to. There's nothing really saying the source is factually wrong, just that the source is now being argued.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Peter King has been suspended form talking to Brett Favre for six weeks and has been put on suicide watch.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Gunpowder wrote:
The Sybian wrote:But hey, the NFL is raking in dough under Goodell. I don't think it is because of him, but that is ultimately how he is measured. Just as long as he protects the shield from players second hand smoking a joint, we are good.

That's the thing though, Syb. He's fucking the shield up so bad. He's like, shitting tarnish all over the shield this year. It's been awful.
That was sarcasm. Venting my bitterness over losing Gordon's services in my keeper fantasy league because of insanely low levels of weed. Also angry that the randomly labeled A sample and B sample weren't switched, since the B passed. So fucking stupid. Nobody cares about weed, and if the league didn't suspend the guy for a full year (not even a season, he can't go to camp or play preseason next year), nobody would have even known he was near pot smoke. So stupid, positive drug tests for drugs completely unrelated to performance is just the NFL bringing bad publicity onto itself.
-Pruitt
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

The Sybian wrote:That was sarcasm. Venting my bitterness over losing Gordon's services in my keeper fantasy league because of insanely low levels of weed. Also angry that the randomly labeled A sample and B sample weren't switched, since the B passed. So fucking stupid. Nobody cares about weed, and if the league didn't suspend the guy for a full year (not even a season, he can't go to camp or play preseason next year), nobody would have even known he was near pot smoke. So stupid, positive drug tests for drugs completely unrelated to performance is just the NFL bringing bad publicity onto itself.
Agree completely. I've already threatened to sue the fantasy football league I'm in with DSG because I lost Gordon's services due to this bullshit suspension. And of course, DSG drafted Gordon a few picks before I was going to gamble and draft him back into the Sabo FC fold.

Where's Lionel Hutz when you need him?
THERE’S NOWT WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Methinks that based upon Godell's flip flops and the 6 game policy that he belated introduced that Ray Rice has grounds to sue for reinstatement.

According the Wikipedia, Godell's degree is in Economics.

Which makes sense, because a smart lawyer would have handled this a lot differently.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Pruitt wrote:According the Wikipedia, Godell's degree is in Economics.
But, in his model, everything worked out just swell
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
nastyned
Jackie Treehorn

Post by nastyned »

on a related note... LSU/Auburn are trying to make contact with Rice for coaching offer.
nastyned
Jackie Treehorn

Post by nastyned »

Rush2112 wrote:
Big news from @mortreport: Ray Rice released. Finished with Baltimore.

Mrs Ray Rice also sues for divorce, after seeing the punch and she dont wanna be married to no ex-nfl loser.
degenerasian
The Dude

Post by degenerasian »

I state my previous point above. The PA should appeal.

I know the PA in football is weak and it's bad for PR but the PA really should expose how stupid Goddell and the Ravens are due to the reason you guys have listed above (ie.. they saw the video but only cause it got out... if he was still a good player etc....)
Kung Fu movies are like porn. There's 1 on 1, then 2 on 1, then a group scene..
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

They can appeal in one hand and shit in the other and see which ones gets filled up first. Ray Rice is not playing football in the NFL ever again.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

So if Goodell has seen this video, he has to get a team to sign Rice, no? If Rice is done than he'd reveal that Goodell saw the video.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

AB_skin_test wrote:They can appeal in one hand and shit in the other and see which ones gets filled up first. Ray Rice is not playing football in the NFL ever again.

If Goodell has indeed seen it, and Rice does not play again, Goodell is done too.