2014 Fantasy Football Complains/Brags/Help Catchall

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

sancarlos
The Dude

Re: 2014 Fantasy Football Complains/Brags/Help Catchall

Post by sancarlos »

mister d wrote:I just checked and I played against "Larry Donnell". In both leagues.
I got so lucky in the Swamp league. Before week 3, I picked up Donnell to back up Kyle Rudolph. Rudolph got hurt so I had to start Donnell tonight. Bwa ha ha.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

sancarlos wrote:
mister d wrote:I just checked and I played against "Larry Donnell". In both leagues.
I got so lucky in the Swamp league. Before week 3, I picked up Donnell to back up Kyle Rudolph. Rudolph got hurt so I had to start Donnell tonight. Bwa ha ha.
Yeah, the score of our game is 23-5. One of our teams started a QB, the other a TE. Do the math AND YOU WILL BE WRONG.
THERE’S NOWT WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

I cut Eli Manning when you guys said he wouldn't be as good as Rodgers and Rivers in Week 1. Thanks a heap.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I've gotten used to having my roster static with the exception of Def, so bye week has me facing my first real decision. Ahmad Bradshaw v. Tennessee or CJ Spiller v. Houston? Bradshaw seems like the safe play, more likely to outscore Spiller, but you gotta love Spiller's upside, especially in a PPR league. I am pretty heavily favored to win this one, and DeSean Jackson didn't help my opponents cause, so I am thinking i play it safe.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

My friend just cut Tom Brady to pick up Russell Wilson. While he's waiting for Wilson to clear waivers he started Cousins.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

I'd like to take this time to congratulate myself on the shrewd move of saying, "Self, Eli Manning sucks and is too risky of a play here, and since you didn't have waiver priority to get at that young stud Cousins, you should put your marbles in the steadfast pillar that is Ryan Fitzpatrick. No, Self, no one cares that he is unproven and that Manning could have tremendous upside. Go with your gut. Get Fitzy!"

Way to go self. Stellar work there.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Sabo wrote:
sancarlos wrote:
Yeah, the score of our game is 23-5. One of our teams started a QB, the other a TE. Do the math AND YOU WILL BE WRONG.
I just checked the box score for my other league (the one I'm in with DSG), and my opponent had Donnell AND E. Manning. So I pretty much don't have to worry about anything else the rest of the weekend.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

My D/ST is the Texans, and they play the Bills this week and then have a run of good offences. Thought I might make the switch this week, but someone beat me to the Chargers.

I was this close to picking up the Redskins when I remembered that EJ Manuel's aim is a bit off. Sometimes, life is good.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Does Yahoo ever revise scores? On the site they reserve the right to do so.

I'm ahead by one point and have Stevan Ridley tonight. My opponent is done for the week. My gut instinct is to bench Ridley now, lest he have a negative score (you never know!). But what if Yahoo revises a score? I might need Ridleys points.

What say the Swamp?
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

When you guys root for the Patriots tonight, cheer for Brady and Edelman to combine for 35 points.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

sancarlos wrote:Does Yahoo ever revise scores? On the site they reserve the right to do so.

I'm ahead by one point and have Stevan Ridley tonight. My opponent is done for the week. My gut instinct is to bench Ridley now, lest he have a negative score (you never know!). But what if Yahoo revises a score? I might need Ridleys points.

What say the Swamp?
My league had two different games turn on revised scores last season.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

mister d wrote:
sancarlos wrote:Does Yahoo ever revise scores? On the site they reserve the right to do so.

What say the Swamp?
That's good enough for me. I'll keep Ridley in the lineup.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

sancarlos wrote:
mister d wrote:

What say the Swamp?
I hope he fumbles then blows out his knee.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Hey, everybody. Guess who I'm playing against.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

sancarlos wrote:Hey, everybody. Guess who I'm playing against.
Fuck Jamal Charles. All I needed was for him not to explode. Fuuuuck him.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Here's time for a brag. I might be the only person in America who drafted LeSean McCoy (spent $52 out of $100 for first 5) who is 4-0.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

sancarlos wrote:Hey, everybody. Guess who I'm playing against.
The same guy against whom I hope my players realize they are permitted to score touchdowns in my league so I don't have an 0-5 start?
“The running, the jumping... a celebration of life.”
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I have put up a whopping 4 points for the season with my mix of defenses. 2 games for negative scores. I am seriously considering not having a defense so I can use the extra spot on my bench.
-Pruitt
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

First place battle in my pool this week. Things go the way I hope, I may get a Deandre Hopkins tattoo.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I think I already know the answer, but Eli at home against the Falcons Swiss Cheese defense is the better play than Dalton going into New England, even with Ints worth -3 and Pick Sixes worth an additional -4, right?
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

L-Jam3 wrote:I think I already know the answer, but Eli at home against the Falcons Swiss Cheese defense is the better play than Dalton going into New England, even with Ints worth -3 and Pick Sixes worth an additional -4, right?
Yes.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

sancarlos wrote:
mister d wrote:

What say the Swamp?
So, it was a damned good thing I kept Ridley active. Yahoo DID revise my score, by taking away one 11-yard catch by Jeremy Maclin, costing me a point. Luckily Ridley got me two points, for a two-point win.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Gimme two out of

Forsett @ IND
Spiller @ DET
McKinnon @ GB

No PPR
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Second two. Too crowded in Baltimore.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Jerloma wrote:Second two. Too crowded in Baltimore.
http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/start/je ... orsett.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Fine. FINE!
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

In my big $ league (Winner gets about $1500, possibly more if he wins cumulative points), we play two games per week. The reason we do this is to have a bigger sample size so you don't have all of these anomalies with shit teams making the playoffs and great teams not. Just to give an idea, the league average is about 168 so putting up 200 points is really good and should yield good results. I've scored in the 200s in 6 of my 10 games...I'm 1-5 in these games. 4 of the times I've finished with the 3rd best points for the week, I went 0-4 (week 1 and this week). That means the only two people that could have beaten me, I happened to be playing. The other time, I finished 2nd for the week and was playing the only person that could have beaten me and won the other game obviously. This week, I lost a game by .7 points and the other game by 5.8 points. I had THREE FUCKING PERCY HARVIN TDS CALLED BACK ON PENALTIES!!! THREE!!! I'm 2-8 and leading the league in points. I even had nine players on bye last week and I'm still leading the league in points.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Jerloma wrote:In my big $ league (Winner gets about $1500, possibly more if he wins cumulative points), we play two games per week. The reason we do this is to have a bigger sample size so you don't have all of these anomalies with shit teams making the playoffs and great teams not. Just to give an idea, the league average is about 168 so putting up 200 points is really good and should yield good results. I've scored in the 200s in 6 of my 10 games...I'm 1-5 in these games. 4 of the times I've finished with the 3rd best points for the week, I went 0-4 (week 1 and this week). That means the only two people that could have beaten me, I happened to be playing. The other time, I finished 2nd for the week and was playing the only person that could have beaten me and won the other game obviously. This week, I lost a game by .7 points and the other game by 5.8 points. I had THREE FUCKING PERCY HARVIN TDS CALLED BACK ON PENALTIES!!! THREE!!! I'm 2-8 and leading the league in points. I even had nine players on bye last week and I'm still leading the league in points.
God is punishing you.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

That last completion to Garcon won me my matchup this week.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I also have Harvin in multiple leagues. One of them won in spite of it, the other would have needed all 3.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I seemed to catch a bunch of reversed TDs when periodically checking in on games. Eric Ebron is one that effected me, as I picked him up in the monstrosity that is the Swamp FFL. Then I realized I screwed up putting him in my lineup, as I thought Paul wasn't playing. Turned out not to matter, as they both put up goose eggs. Did I mention how much I hate an 18 man league where I had to autodraft? I am starting 3rd string RBs, and until this week, Justin Hunter. Dropped him, and he blew up bigtime.
The best reversed TD, and maybe it was just ESPN's game tracker, but I was starting Demaryious Thomas and against E. Sanders. The site credited Sanders with a TD, effectively taking me out of range. I did some math to figure out how close the score would have been if Thomas got the score instead. A couple minutes later, I see Sanders score drop and Thomas jump up.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Meant to ask this last night guys...Should I start Arian Foster in what will undoubtedly be a high scoring game and he won't get any carries? And How about TY Hilton, is he due for a breakout? He's been sitting on my bench all eyar and I am leery.

(I got LUCKy. Had Luck, Foster and Hilton and decided to start all three. 87-0 right now.)
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Nice. I almooost took Hilton out of my lineup for Justin Hunter because he'd been sucking ass and I hate having dudes in Thursday games. Fortunately I subbed Hilt-dog back in shortly thereafter.

Thank you, Hilton.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Happy with Bradshaw, but I started Hopkins which means that one of Wes Welker, Fred Jackson Reuben Randle or Kelvin Benjamin will be benched.

Hope the TExans are enjoying the Ryan Fitzpatrick era.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

I benched Brady for Big Ben. Again.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I am down 10. My opponent has played all of his players, I have a QB to go tonight. I had Austin Davis in but, needing 11, just switched him out for Kaepernick. What say yinz?
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Gunpowder wrote:I am down 10. My opponent has played all of his players, I have a QB to go tonight. I had Austin Davis in but, needing 11, just switched him out for Kaepernick. What say yinz?
I think that is the right move. STL has one sack on the year, so it seems like Kaepernick should be able to have his way.
“The running, the jumping... a celebration of life.”
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Great moments in fuckin' gut punch fantasy losses. Winning, by 5, until the Rams threw the pick 6 with one minute left last night and flipped the score (I was facing 49ers D and kicker). Lost by 2. Fuck.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Blah.
Last edited by Jerloma on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.