Thanks for all the fish

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

BSF21
The Dude

Thanks for all the fish

Post by BSF21 »

It is really a shame. I'm just a guy who latched on to the board in college. It has become a part of my daily internet digest. I've met some great people through this board. Rush, AB, Sabo, Mulligan, HDO, a few others. I think all that any of us ever wanted was a place we could talk a little trash, make a few jokes, and express some opinions. It is really a shame that anyone, being a "troll" or otherwise has lead to the destruction of a community.

I'm sad to see it go. I saw a new swamp (and properly thanked Scottie and Rush, et all), that several people had come together and tried to save. Tried to save a community. Tried to save something friendships were built out of. And everything has gone to hell because of a few people who just couldn't bear to scroll over a few lines of text and not respond. Not feel inflamed. Not understand that maybe they were the bigger man in this situation and just choose to take the high road. It saddens me. I know several of you personally. This isn't the vibe I get from anyone who participates here, and anyone who chooses to get their panties in this big of a bunch over something like this just really makes me sad.

No blame, no fault, no maliciousness. It just hurts to know that the same people who came together under a common cause (like helping out TT after Ivan or offering Brainbo support after a bad diagnosis, or pouring ourselves out in the memory of Unknown) could stoop to just not letting things go. I frankly don't care who is a "troll" and who isn't. I don't care who is a fan of one thing and not a fan of another. The fact is the vast majority of us are grown men (or becoming grown men) and ought to be able to rise above something like this without petty squabbles or threats. You guys know who I am and know where to find me. But I'm not going to continue to support a community of men who act like 15 year old girls in high school.

I encourage you all to think about all the good something like this place accomplished. Think about what it could be if you could see past something you deem inflammatory here and there and just let this place be a good thing.

I'm not trying to drag this out, but I've been a member of this community since 2005 and so have many others. Some longer than me. I feel I have a right to be heard on a matter like this.

Get your shit together and start acting like the men I know you all are. Please. For the sake of everyone involved. For the sake of the massive good a community like this can do. This will probably be the last thing I say about this. But we deserve it. As a community of civilized men we deserve it. Take a moment away from yourselves and think about what all of this really means.

Really think. Please.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
HDO45331
Brandt

Re: Thanks for all the fish

Post by HDO45331 »

Yep. I could not say it better.

Courtesy goes a long way. Golden Rule......
It's the sixth version of The Swamp. What could possibly go wrong?
Yard of Junk
Maude Lebowski

Post by Yard of Junk »

Well said.
devilfluff
Brandt

Post by devilfluff »

Far better said than what came to my mind.

Agreed.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

SAVE US BROOSHKIN
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Damn. This was the first post I read this morning, and gave me a good scare. I thought something got out of control last night, but it looks like we are back on track. I hope.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Oh yeah, everything is just fine. One big happy family (everyone smile).
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
ZMan
Brandt

Post by ZMan »

Maybe not happy, but very much like a family. Most families have that one dick uncle no one likes, but they invite him to the reunion anyway, because they can just ignore him if he acts up.

Think of the Swamp as that family reunion, and the ignore button as the hat you can pull down over your eyes to avoid contact.
Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Three Orange Whips!
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Some team at trivia last night went with the team name "Uncles with Benefits" and it was awesome.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

ZMan wrote:Maybe not happy, but very much like a family. Most families have that one dick uncle no one likes, but they invite him to the reunion anyway, because they can just ignore him if he acts up.

Think of the Swamp as that family reunion, and the ignore button as the hat you can pull down over your eyes to avoid contact.
And the rest of the family just eats the mashed potatoes even though your uncle had his dick in them.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
devilfluff
Brandt

Post by devilfluff »

bfj wrote:
ZMan wrote:Maybe not happy, but very much like a family. Most families have that one dick uncle no one likes, but they invite him to the reunion anyway, because they can just ignore him if he acts up.

And the rest of the family just eats the mashed potatoes even though your uncle had his dick in them.
I didn't know it was that kinda party!
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Who thought it was a good idea to give BSF all the fish? Sure, he can feed himself for a day or two, but we should have taught him how to fish.
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

AB_skin_test wrote:Who thought it was a good idea to give BSF all the fish? Sure, he can feed himself for a day or two, but we should have taught him how to fish.
BSF=jesus. He can make it rain fish all day long.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
temporary howard
Jackie Treehorn

Post by temporary howard »

That's perfect, man.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Damn. I can be a decent writer after a few whiskies.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

duff wrote:BSF=jesus. He can make it rain fish all day long.
Not sure about that, but he can certainly spread the whine around./orange
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.