10 Years Ago...

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Ryan
The Dude

10 Years Ago...

Post by Ryan »

...is when I precog-laughed at all the times Brian called another city's fans "classy"

All you need to know, summed up in the first 10 seconds of the fight by Mike Breen
Stephen Jackson and (Rasheed) Wallace trying to be peacemakers, now Jackson yelling
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
mister d
The Dude

Re: 10 Years Ago...

Post by mister d »

I don't know if its the most overblown sporting incident of my lifetime, but its pretty fucking close. Frank Francisco threw a fucking chair off a fan's face and there wasn't 1/100th the level of terror demonstrated here.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Well, duh, Delaware. Frank Francisco wasn't black.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

That's really the entire issue. Huge black dudes scaring the shit out of rich white dudes.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote:That's really the entire issue. Huge black dudes scaring the shit out of rich white dudes.
Plus Artest made the Hippity Hop music.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

The day that marked a solid 8 year period of me not giving a single shit about the NBA.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

BSF21 wrote:The day that marked a solid 8 year period of me not giving a single shit about the NBA.
That seems to also coincide with the Pacers ceasing to be a contender, then becoming one again.
“The running, the jumping... a celebration of life.”
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

DSafetyGuy wrote:
BSF21 wrote:The day that marked a solid 8 year period of me not giving a single shit about the NBA.
That seems to also coincide with the Pacers ceasing to be a contender, then becoming one again.

It does, but it had to do with the way the team was formed, not their competitiveness. I've hammered that out in many previous posts, and I'm not going to rehash. There is certainly a grain of truth that success makes it easier to like the team, but it was more the exile of the "thug" mentality and getting back to what I would call "team ball" that has caused me to occasionally tune into games over the last 2-3 years.

NBA is still the last sport of the big 4 I'm going to spend time and effort trying to follow, regardless of how well the Pacers do.

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Oh man, I can feel myself getting roped in here ...
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

DSG is vicious.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Ryan wrote:...is when I precog-laughed at all the times Brian called another city's fans "classy"

All you need to know, summed up in the first 10 seconds of the fight by Mike Breen
Stephen Jackson and (Rasheed) Wallace trying to be peacemakers, now Jackson yelling

Just watched through this again, 2 things.

a) The fan behavior after the initial Artest/Jackson into the stands thing was way worse than I remembered. I don't remember seeing all the stuff being thrown as they were trying to get out of the tunnel and the fans forcing over more railings etc.

b) The best shot of that entire montage is Austin Croshere just standing in the middle of the court with this glazed over look. I'd love to know what was going on in that guy's head.

HDO45331
Brandt

Post by HDO45331 »

I remember well. The posts were fast and furious. That was a great time to be a Swamper. We had a front page, with scores, too.
It's the sixth version of The Swamp. What could possibly go wrong?
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

BSF21 wrote: b) The best shot of that entire montage is Austin Croshere just standing in the middle of the court with this glazed over look. I'd love to know what was going on in that guy's head.
I still can't believe the Pacers are paying me $51 million!
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto