Halloween 14

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Jerloma
The Dude

Halloween 14

Post by Jerloma »

Anything good this year? We don't have any parties but we're all going to nerd out for Comic Con over the weekend. I'm going as the Doctor, obviously.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
rass
The Dude

Re: Halloween 14

Post by rass »

Which one? (if you answer with anyone pre-Eccleston other than Baker I'm going to label you a Doctor Who hipster)

Since I was going to shave anyway, I think I'm stealing AB's "super creepy Rob Lowe" idea for work.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

rass wrote:Which one? (if you answer with anyone pre-Eccleston other than Baker I'm going to label you a Doctor Who hipster)
Eff you. Peter Davison was the man as the Doctor.
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

rass wrote:Which one? (if you answer with anyone pre-Eccleston other than Baker I'm going to label you a Doctor Who hipster)

Since I was going to shave anyway, I think I'm stealing AB's "super creepy Rob Lowe" idea for work.
Tenth. You know...the one with the hipster glasses and the hipster sideburns and the hipster Chuck Taylors.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Jerloma wrote:

Tenth. You know...the one with the hipster glasses and the hipster sideburns and the hipster Chuck Taylors.
Exactly.

Sabo wrote:
Or you could be old like Sabo.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I'm doing Don Draper for work as part of a group (although I was considering Sterling Archer in the Tactileneck, but no woman would probably dress as Lana), recycling one of my old ones for trick-or-treating (maybe my Dr. Jeckyll & Mr. Hyde), and a couples costume for Marie Antionette and Louis XVI, with the heads sewn back on. First Halloween party for adults since 07, and my first store-bought costume since... shit... when I was in my single digits and we had those shitty plastic costumes with rubber banded masks that would be die-cut molds, sharp enough to slice adamantium. The 80s were great.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

I recycled a pharaoh costume for a party last weekend, and then sold it to a college kid for a cool $5 on the stumble home. I'm going to a 20's-themed speakeasy party this weekend, so I think I'll bust out a suit, fedora, and day cravat and then paint my face in a dia de los muertos style.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

rass wrote:
Sabo wrote:
Sabo's Doctor is my Doctor's father-in-law!
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

rass wrote:
Jerloma wrote:

Exactly.

Sabo wrote:
I'm fine with that.
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

It's a brilliant idea! I haven't been able to procure a leather jacket, so I will probably be Painfully Awkward or Less Attractive Rob Lowe.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Remember when I said no one would dress as Lana? A 24 y/o co-worker of mine (albeit caucasaian) today is dressed in a grey sweater dress and folded over knee boots. And I know there are rules here, but I don't want to get fired.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

L-Jam3 wrote:Remember when I said no one would dress as Lana? A 24 y/o co-worker of mine (albeit caucasaian) today is dressed in a grey sweater dress and folded over knee boots. And I know there are rules here, but I don't want to get fired.
While I understand, I am still disappointed.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Thanks, Pruitt. Now my wife is pissed at me.

I told her I would be making out with HER all night, but she's not buying it.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

I didn't do anything special....except for hand out small dixie cups of frozen margaritas to the grown ups that came with their kids. Best idea ever....
devilfluff
Brandt

Post by devilfluff »

Went to a party as Jack from State Farm.

Jake is busy, and I am lazy
DC47
Walter Sobchak

Post by DC47 »

DaveInSeattle wrote:I didn't do anything special....except for hand out small dixie cups of frozen margaritas to the grown ups that came with their kids. Best idea ever....
Your street cred is now off the charts. A neighborhood legend. There will lines to your door next year.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

DC47 wrote:
DaveInSeattle wrote:I didn't do anything special....except for hand out small dixie cups of frozen margaritas to the grown ups that came with their kids. Best idea ever....
Your street cred is now off the charts. A neighborhood legend. There will lines to your door next year.
"Legend" is right. I can still point out the house where electric jello shots were given out five years ago.

Our doorbell rang three times, a combination of being on a street with a lot of Orthodox Jews (who shun Halloween.. especially on a Friday night) and the fact that it was 40 degrees and raining. As a result, my wife spent Saturday near the washroom as she conveniently forgot that lactose intolerance and milk chocolate are not a good combination.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

devilfluff wrote:Went to a party as Jack from State Farm.

Jake is busy, and I am lazy
That sounds hideous.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

A few pics from Comic Con...

Imagephoto 1 (7) by Kyle2007, on Flickr

Imagephoto 2 by Kyle2007, on Flickr

Imagephoto 2 (4) by Kyle2007, on Flickr

Imagephoto 3 (3) by Kyle2007, on Flickr

Imagephoto 2 (3) by Kyle2007, on Flickr

Imagephoto 1 (4) by Kyle2007, on Flickr

Imagephoto 4 by Kyle2007, on Flickr

Imagephoto 3 (6) by Kyle2007, on Flickr

Imagephoto 2 (8) by Kyle2007, on Flickr
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Holy shit, is that one of your kids as the creepy gas mask kid?
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

rass wrote:Holy shit, is that one of your kids as the creepy gas mask kid?
Dude, she was such a hit. We couldn't walk 20 feet without someone wanting to take a picture of her or with her. Eventually she just started walking up to anyone in Who cosplay saying "Are you my mummy?" which she does eerily perfect.

Scottie Too Hottie who apparently watches DW actually stopped us so he could take a picture of her.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Jerloma wrote:
rass wrote: Eventually she just started walking up to anyone in Who cosplay saying "Are you my mummy?" which she does eerily perfect.
That's awesome.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

rass wrote:
Jerloma wrote:
rass wrote: Eventually she just started walking up to anyone in Who cosplay saying "Are you my mummy?" which she does eerily perfect.
That's awesome.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

who is the hot chick with your daughter?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

The Sybian wrote:who is the hot chick with your daughter?
Dang dude! That's his other daughter!
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

The Sybian wrote:who is the hot chick with your daughter?
Alaina Huffman. She plays Abaddon, The Queen of Hell, in the TV show, Supernatural, that the kids love so much.

That feels like way too many commas for that short of a sentence. But yeah...she's DDG in real life. Not as much on the show.

Bensell
Jesus Quintana

Post by Bensell »

rass wrote:
Jerloma wrote:
That's awesome.
That is great.
Worldwide Frivologist and International Juke Artist
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I just had to YouTube Doctor Who to understand what was going on. That costume is excellent -- as is the Comic Con you went to.

My grand costume for Halloween which didn't come to fruition because I wasn't sure if I'd be around or not (wavering on a trip to Romania to go to Dracula's Castle) was going to be, as I stated on Facebook: Dress up as a chef named "Romaine." Stand next to a cardboard cutout of Nicki Minaj with a bowl of salad. Show guests at the party how well I toss Nicki Minaj's salad. If I was good at social media I am sure I could have parlayed that into a viral video/picture or something. (Like a Vine with the song playing or a picture with the words "On a scale of 1 to Romaine, how well do I toss your salad?" Something like that.)

Inspiration: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Kids' candy bowl is getting low. I just tried a goat's milk based lollipop.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

And?
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Wasn't bad until the end. Lasting aftertaste was pretty goat-y (reminiscent of goat cheese). Not horrible in any case, just different.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I love goat cheese but I don't know that I want my candy tasting like it.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

DC47 wrote:
My GF has already told me that I'm going to have to do that every year now. The Parents, especially with young kids, were ecstatic. I would tell them "Remember what it was like? Pre-kids? Halloween on a Friday night?", and they'd get a wistful look on their face...