NFL Week 14

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Jerloma
The Dude

NFL Week 14

Post by Jerloma »

And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
L-Jam3
The Dude

Re: NFL Week 14

Post by L-Jam3 »

Ngata... Ngata... Ngata gonna play again this year.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

"I took Adderall" is the go to response for these PED suspensions. It sure is nice to have the Shield not require that the actual banned substance be named.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

L-Jam3 wrote:Ngata... Ngata... Ngata gonna play again this year.
Could play in a potential playoff game.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

govmentchedda wrote:"I took Adderall" is the go to response for these PED suspensions. It sure is nice to have the Shield not require that the actual banned substance be named.

How do you "just take" an Adderall?" It's a controlled substance. If he had a prescription for it, shame on him, his doctor and team for not vetting the list of banned substances. If he did not have a prescription, WTF? I don't know for sure, but I would think it is a substance that would be processed by the body quickly.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

It's easy to just take an adderall. I ask a friend with an rx and she says "ok" and gives me an adderall, which I then take.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Though I think Ngata was taking HGH or something like that because come on.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Gunpowder wrote:Though I think Ngata was taking HGH or something like that because come on.
This is my point. IIRC, the NFL doesn't say what you got popped with, and allows the player to say whatever is the seemintly least offensive answer. Adderall! No biggie, kids use it to study.
I call bullshit.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Dion Jordan said this, and then the NFL saw that Peyton was in distress and removed the suspension on Welker. Dion Jordan's suspension was not reversed though because he was lying, and no one called him on his shit.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Gunpowder wrote:It's easy to just take an adderall. I ask a friend with an rx and she says "ok" and gives me an adderall, which I then take.
Yeah, I get that. I just mean for an NFL player knowing he is subject to testing.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I seem to recall reading that Aderall is commonly used to mask steroid usage.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

He probably just needed to focus during team meetings.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

L-Jam3 wrote:He probably just needed to focus during team meetings.
I was going to make that joke. I've been on Adderall for a couple months now, and it is life changing. For me, anyways.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote:I seem to recall reading that Aderall is commonly used to mask steroid usage.
Just read a couple articles, apparently the NFL doesn't report what drug a player tests positive for, so players say Adderall because it sounds better than HGH, steroids or cocaine. I guess it is in the interest of the Shield to let the players lie.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

The Sybian wrote:
I was going to make that joke. I've been on Adderall for a couple months now, and it is life changing. For me, anyways.
The Sybian wrote:
Pruitt wrote:I seem to recall reading that Aderall is commonly used to mask steroid usage.
Just read a couple articles, apparently the NFL doesn't report what drug a player tests positive for, so players say Adderall because it sounds better than HGH, steroids or cocaine. I guess it is in the interest of the Shield to let the players lie.
If you say so. You obviously couldn't make it through the whole thread before you zoned out.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
DC47
Walter Sobchak

Post by DC47 »

The Sybian wrote:I was going to make that joke. I've been on Adderall for a couple months now, and it is life changing. For me, anyways.
You can do steroids now without being tagged in your employer's drug test?
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Going to go out on a limb here and predict that Mark Trestmann and Mel Tucker will not be seen as HC or coordinator again any time soon.

An all pro running back, and they don't even fake running the ball to him? Meanwhile, you have an absolutely atrocious defence that you really make no effort to keep off the field?

Ridiculous.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

The all-pro running back was piling up 2 huge yards per carry. Do you think every play should be play action? I actually think you do.

Chicago is garbage because of Cutler and the defense.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Cutler sucks, and the defence is surely one of the worst I have seen in years - and I suffered through the Bills D under Wannstaedt.

Maybe Forte isn't getting the yards, but clearly what they're doing isn't working.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

They just lost 41-28. I'm probably not going to put that on a lack of a play fake with 1:48 left in the game.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

That defense is just....gross. It's unbelievably bad. It's almost hard to believe a defense can go from so good to so bad in just a couple of years. This league is crazy sometimes.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Ryan Mundy was not a starting safety when he was young. Having older Ryan Mundy as your starter is just insane.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Gunpowder wrote:Ryan Mundy was not a starting safety when he was young. Having older Ryan Mundy as your starter is just insane.
That he ended up in the NFL at all, much less for more than a decade, is crazy when you consider mgoblog.com had a stat when he was at Michigan of "Yards After Mundy".
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

brian wrote:
Gunpowder wrote:Ryan Mundy was not a starting safety when he was young. Having older Ryan Mundy as your starter is just insane.
That he ended up in the NFL at all, much less for more than a decade, is crazy when you consider mgoblog.com had a stat when he was at Michigan of "Yards After Mundy".

That's hilarious. I'm surprised - that guy was a freaking phenom in high school. He was the only 2-way player at a school that also had Steve Breaston on its roster.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

I think this will find an appreciative audience here.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/201 ... dicks.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

The Broncos logo is just Peyton Manning.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

The Sybian wrote:
During my depressive episode, M-Tel and her mother diagnosed me (especially my M-I-L, because she had a BA in psych which made her Karl Fucking Jung) as ADHD. My shrink was like "no, I don't see it, but do you want to try Adderal anyway and see if it helps?" Worst decision I made, it didn't help and got my heart racing. Oh, and occasionally I shit myself. Not a good thing for someone who was dealing with acute severe depression with anxiety/panic attacks.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Gunpowder wrote:They just lost 41-28. I'm probably not going to put that on a lack of a play fake with 1:48 left in the game.
It's more a matter of trying to hold on to the ball in order to keep Chris Conte and that guy in a Jared Allen mask off the field. But you get the feeling that teams can score quickly or slowly against these Bears, so time of possession probably makes no difference anyway.

So, where does Cutler end up next year? Better not be in Buffalo.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

I hope it's Tampa
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

St. Louis. To backup Hoyer!

I took the Bills to a Madden championship with Jay Cutdog, I hope it happens in real life.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Also, I'm pretty sure time of possession is one of the more overrated stats in football. It matters what you do with the ball, not how long it takes you to do it. If you quickly score 7 and then Peyton Manning scores on one play, it's 7-7. If you take 10 minutes and get a field goal and then Peyton Manning scores on one play, it's 7-3.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Rex wrote:I think this will find an appreciative audience here.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/201 ... dicks.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dicktastic!
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

L-Jam3 wrote:
The Sybian wrote:
During my depressive episode, M-Tel and her mother diagnosed me (especially my M-I-L, because she had a BA in psych which made her Karl Fucking Jung) as ADHD. My shrink was like "no, I don't see it, but do you want to try Adderal anyway and see if it helps?" Worst decision I made, it didn't help and got my heart racing. Oh, and occasionally I shit myself. Not a good thing for someone who was dealing with acute severe depression with anxiety/panic attacks.
Huh, I've read that some people get urinary issues from Adderall, but haven't heard of anyone getting the shits. Fortunately didn't have that issue. Coke on the other hand, always induced a super shit within an hour. Just a positive side effect, though I never ingested outside of my own or a friends home. Probably not as good in a club or party.

I don't have ADD, but motivation issues, and probably narcolepsy. I never considered narcolepsy, because I had a cartoonish image of the disorder, like people falling asleep mid sentence. I had never been able to stay awake in class, starting in Jr. High and through college. Even when interested and not tired, it was a struggle. Similar struggle during work conferences, and I almost always get sleepy driving on long trips, and always as a passenger in a car, train or plane. Adderall knocked that shit out almost immediately. The racing heart went away after 2 or 3 days, as did the euphoric surge. Going to the gym the first day, my heart rate started off 20 BPMs higher, and rose faster than normal. That also went away after a couple of days. I found it has helped elevate mood as well.

Sorry for the threadjack here...
-Pruitt
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Erryone's different. I think Adderall is awesome. Judging from the Seattle Seahawks though, one huge side effect is that it makes you complain about everything.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Pruitt wrote:It's more a matter of trying to hold on to the ball in order to keep Chris Conte and that guy in a Jared Allen mask off the field.
The humane thing for the Bears to do would be to take Conte behind the practice facility and put him down.

They're fucking terrible, though, which is exacerbated by the talent on the roster. They are certainly in the top five of "best starting WR's, TE, and RB" in the league (only team with a clearly better group that comes to mind is DEN and that's with two different RBs who have looked amazing this year). The line hasn't been near as good as last year, but that's just a contributing factor.

The defense is disgraceful for the second straight year. Last year's abomination gave up 29.9 points a game and this year's group is at 29.1 with six games of 31 or more. The only guys on that side of the ball who are actual building blocks are Willie Young and Kyle Fuller. Everyone else is old/overpaid, inexperienced (or just bad), on the way out of town for his sake (Stephen Paea), or Lamarr Houston, whose stupid sack celebration injury neatly overshadows how much of a bust he was this year. Tucker will be gone, to be sure. Of course, there's not a whole lot they can do with the talent, but, you know, fuck it, someone has to be scapegoated.

I liked Trestman last year, but I think he now gives Cutler way too much freedom. One of the issues that came up when they weren't running the ball enough (this is now a weekly thing) is that Cutler keeps going with passes when they call two plays in the huddle. I'm sure sometimes the reads are there, but I suspect Cutler's belief in his arm is hurting the team here, too.
“The running, the jumping... a celebration of life.”
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

That Willie Young FA signing was absolutely a steal though, especially at that price. I really thought the Lions should have tried to hang on to him (and I'm sure they tried, but just couldn't afford the deal with the cap issues caused by Suh).
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Rex wrote:I think this will find an appreciative audience here.

Thank you so much.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

brian wrote:That Willie Young FA signing was absolutely a steal though, especially at that price. I really thought the Lions should have tried to hang on to him (and I'm sure they tried, but just couldn't afford the deal with the cap issues caused by Suh).
I loved the signing when it happened and still do, obviously. I hate that they spent so much more on Houston and Allen (both per year and total), although the former is based on his performance since signing the deal.
“The running, the jumping... a celebration of life.”
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

You guys are so cynical. If it wasn't Adderall, the NFL would have told us:
“[T]he Management Council may publicly disclose information relating to the discipline of a Player to correct inaccurate public claims made by that Player or his representatives about the discipline,” the new PED policy states.

In other words, if a player is lying about the reason for the positive test, the league can now say so.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

I can't believe there is a team this much worse than the Giants. It's hard to process.