Bronto Wrote This in a Thread but it deserves its own

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Brontoburglar
The Dude

Re: Bronto Wrote This in a Thread but it deserves its own

Post by Brontoburglar »

Ryan wrote:Black Annie Live?
I had no idea that was a thing until I saw the commercial this morning.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

HOW WILL I EXPLAIN TO MY CHILD THAT ANNIE IS BLACK???????
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Brontoburglar wrote:
Ryan wrote:Black Annie Live?
I had no idea that was a thing until I saw the commercial this morning.
SNL Skit from a few weeks ago was actually very funny. Ram Jam reference was fantastic to me
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

mister d wrote:HOW WILL I EXPLAIN TO MY CHILD THAT ANNIE IS BLACK???????
U don't see it all over tv evertime a white grl gets adopted!!!
Totally Kafkaesque
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

wlu_lax6 wrote:SNL Skit from a few weeks ago was actually very funny. Ram Jam reference was fantastic to me
Speaking of this episode, why the fuck would they allow Mystikal perform and why the fuck would I still recognize his voice inside of like 5 seconds?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Was that the SNL with the skit where Keenan Thompson played an animal show host whose junk had been ripped off by a monkey on the previous episode? Cause I laughed way too hard at that.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Yes
Dr. Dave and Buggle
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/ ... es/2830164" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Yoga pants count at the Highland Park Starbucks: ∞
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

I will know in 3-4 weeks if I made it on to the next round or whatever. It was a lot tamer than what I was expecting.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

I didn't make the cut. :(

I was told I'd hear back in early January, and well, it's a month from then. I'm heartbroken.

No, not really. Yes, it's the sister show to a show that's currently on right now, and I had figured out who the main contestant is and everything.

Sad trombone.
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

Brontoburglar wrote:I didn't make the cut. :(

I was told I'd hear back in early January, and well, it's a month from then. I'm heartbroken.

No, not really. Yes, it's the sister show to a show that's currently on right now, and I had figured out who the main contestant is and everything.

Sad trombone.
there's really no longer a need to conceal which show it is, is there?
Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

So sorry for your loss.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

cerrano wrote:
Brontoburglar wrote:I didn't make the cut. :(

Sad trombone.
there's really no longer a need to conceal which show it is, is there?
I amuse myself with my ability to always underestimate pop cultural awareness in these here parts.

It was aBout a relAtionship CHasing show in which theE Lady chOoses heR matE Through a Thorough and rigorous procEss.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Yes, it's the sister show to a show that's currently on right now
Why would any of us pick up the answer from this? There are what, 70 "reality" shows on the air currently? When your TV watching is comprised solely of DVR, pirated shows off the internet and children's shows on DVR, it is really fucking easy not to know that the Bachelor is on. Until this post, I didn't know it was on. I'm not trying to find ways to make small talk with girls to get in their pants, so I have no need to know the Bachelor exists anymore. I can, however, tell you all about Master Chen's evil plot to steal the powers of all the ninjas in Ninjago. Lloyd would fucking anyone. Spinjitsu or die, muthafucka!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

You are better off. An excercise/weight loss type show, yeah. That shit, no fucking way.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
DC47
Walter Sobchak

Post by DC47 »

I yield to no one in ignorance of popular culture. So I might have this wrong. But I wonder if being on this appalling, soul-killing TV show might be good for your careers?

Ironically, I think the downside of being on the show would actually be in the romantic area. Having appeared on this show might not be appealing to the type of women that you hope to attract in real life.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Brontoburglar wrote:
I amuse myself with my ability to always underestimate pop cultural awareness in these here parts.

It was aBout a relAtionship CHasing show in which theE Lady chOoses heR matE Through a Thorough and rigorous procEss.
As a recent convert to the insanity that is a certain show with a hunky Iowa farmboy, I am very sorry that you didn't make it onto the show. My wife, daughter and students would have freaked knowing that I had a vague connection to someone on the show.

But, on the bright side, the possibility of you getting a cold sore in the foreseeable future just went way down.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

The Sybian wrote:
Yes, it's the sister show to a show that's currently on right now
Why would any of us pick up the answer from this? There are what, 70 "reality" shows on the air currently? When your TV watching is comprised solely of DVR, pirated shows off the internet and children's shows on DVR, it is really fucking easy not to know that the Bachelor is on. Until this post, I didn't know it was on. I'm not trying to find ways to make small talk with girls to get in their pants, so I have no need to know the Bachelor exists anymore. I can, however, tell you all about Master Chen's evil plot to steal the powers of all the ninjas in Ninjago. Lloyd would fucking anyone. Spinjitsu or die, muthafucka!
Oh stop with your old man whining. You freaking guessed it earlier in the thread.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

sad face
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I could tell exactly what it was when he said that.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Well, at least you can sleep at night knowing that you're not contributing to the vapid noise of mass media and popular culture.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

P.D.X. wrote:Well, at least you can sleep at night knowing that you're not contributing to the vapid noise of mass media and popular culture.
Quite a bit too late for that.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Brontoburglar wrote: Oh stop with your old man whining. You freaking guessed it earlier in the thread.
That was Cheddah that guessed it, but I was close. My old man whining was saying that your obvious clue would have gone over my head if you hadn't already told me what show it was. I would have guessed Vanderpump Rules. That Stassi is such a bitch, right?
-Pruitt
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

The Sybian wrote:
Brontoburglar wrote: Oh stop with your old man whining. You freaking guessed it earlier in the thread.
That was Cheddah that guessed it, but I was close. My old man whining was saying that your obvious clue would have gone over my head if you hadn't already told me what show it was. I would have guessed Vanderpump Rules. That Stassi is such a bitch, right?
You didn't know it was a show that was still on but you guessed it?
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I was on it right from the beginning but Bronto asked me to shut up, if you'll recall.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Brontoburglar wrote:
The Sybian wrote:
You didn't know it was a show that was still on but you guessed it?
I know they still make the show, I just didn't know the current season is airing now.
-Pruitt
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

I was REALLY hoping it was going to be a gay "Bachelorette" when I saw that link.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
DC47
Walter Sobchak

Post by DC47 »

Defending the Alamo was also history. The guys who didn't get there in time were the big winners.