Syracuse Postseaon Hoops 2015

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

howard
Karl Hungus

Syracuse Postseaon Hoops 2015

Post by howard »

Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Rex
The Dude

Re: Syracuse Postseaon Hoops 2015

Post by Rex »

Sadder about what that means for the ACC tourney than what it means for the NIT.

zing!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Nothing transparent here. I wish it weren't the NCAA so I could root for the self punishment to be waived off.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DC47
Walter Sobchak

Post by DC47 »

Should I read this as mediocre team skips post-season tournament where they had no chance to do well and keeps the actual infractions quiet, while the coach escapes any significant penalty?
Last edited by DC47 on Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

No other way to read it.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Keeping this year's players out of the postseason will teach them.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Gunpowder wrote:Keeping this year's players out of the postseason will teach them.
Those assholes had it coming.
DC47
Walter Sobchak

Post by DC47 »

Gunpowder wrote:Keeping this year's players out of the postseason will teach them.
It's just too bad that despite Boheim's strenuous efforts that these people caused their predecessors to commit infractions. But I can't imagine any other penalties that would punish the people who were actually responsible for the program. And of course, being paid millions to be responsible and employing a team of professionals that numbers greater than the number of players, does not mean that you should actually be held responsible for significant rules infractions. I'm sure they tried to do things right, insofar as this wouldn't jeopardize the teams' results.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

As best as I can tell, this is about a few things:

1. Drug testing. From what I've seen, the NCAA's policy is that each school must have a drug policy. Beyond that, nothing.

2. Academic support staff. A couple years ago, they overhauled the department because the guy running it was a real problem.

3. Some guy misappropriated about $350K from the Y in some nearby town. He had Syracuse athletes show at events, including give the occasional speech. A couple guys had summer jobs at this Y. There is no evidence of money changing hands other than the guys who were actually on the payroll (never seen anything about what they made, hours they worked, or whatever).

Program is trying to avoid future penalties, including scholarship losses. Only one guy graduates after this year and they have a full boat coming in next year with one more guy they really want to bring in. Just a matter of time as far as which current player gets nudged out the door.

Have also seen speculation on Boeheim getting wins vacated (14 was the specific number, which may be the number of wins Fab Melo played in after the second semester of his final season started - and he was suspended by the team twice that year, including the NCAA's).
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”