Official Brain Tumor thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Gunpowder
The Dude

Re: Official Brain Tumor thread

Post by Gunpowder »

The Sybian wrote:
Gunpowder wrote:I'd be fucked, I need like 3 at a time. I went through my shoulder script in like 5 days.
I suggest wine or bourbon to enhance the effects if you are running low. Even if you aren't running low or don't even need to take them at all.

Even that didn't make the effect thaaaat great. I have no idea how people get hooked on those in a world where delicious cocaine and savory MDMA exist.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Gunpowder wrote:
The Sybian wrote:
Gunpowder wrote:I'd be fucked, I need like 3 at a time. I went through my shoulder script in like 5 days.
I suggest wine or bourbon to enhance the effects if you are running low. Even if you aren't running low or don't even need to take them at all.

Even that didn't make the effect thaaaat great. I have no idea how people get hooked on those in a world where delicious cocaine and savory MDMA exist.
I could see getting hooked if you live in chronic pain and build up an enormous tolerance. Anything less than 5 and a lot of booze never did much, but in that amount, it sure numbed the pain. That was my self-medication for depression, before seeking professional help. As much as that (temporarily) helped, it was just a once a week thing. It isn't a combo you'd want to take for a night out. Opium and heroin (not that I've ever tried heroin), create physical dependence. And opium is sooooo good. I totally get how people could bide their time in an opium den. Stimulants are fun, but I don't think it is in my makeup to get hooked on coke. My roommate was a fiend, and would finish whatever was in front of him, regardless of how much. I could stretch it out, do a couple lines and call it a day. The price wasn't nearly worth it for me.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I am part of the finish whatever is in front of me group. I fortunately cannot afford to have a cocaine problem, so that makes it easy.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I haven't done coke in 20 years, but for the many years I was around it, I never once saw anybody partake a bit and then say they didn't want to finish what was available to them.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

On doctor's orders, I just finished the last of my anti-seizure medication. (You have to wean yourself off it or ironically, it can cause seizures*). So basically, I'm completely done with this ordeal as of today.

I hearby bequeath all my medical-related luck to BuffaloSoldier and his family.

* - I really do think this qualifies as irony.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Good to hear, and yes, let's get all the good luck over to BuffSol.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Good to hear.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Mr. C
Jackie Treehorn

Post by Mr. C »

Great news!
Keg
The Big Lebowski

Post by Keg »

Awesome news...yet another reason to celebrate this weekend!
My only fear of death is coming back to this b1tch reincarnated
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote:On doctor's orders, I just finished the last of my anti-seizure medication. (You have to wean yourself off it or ironically, it can cause seizures*). So basically, I'm completely done with this ordeal as of today.

I hearby bequeath all my medical-related luck to BuffaloSoldier and his family.

* - I really do think this qualifies as irony.

Great news, I feared opening this thread. Now to be a pedantic asshole, going off of anti-seizure meds cold turkey causing seizures is about as far from ironic as possible.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Glad to hear the good news.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Alright!
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Fantastic!! Great to hear.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Great news, man!
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
DC47
Walter Sobchak

Post by DC47 »

You go Brian!

If you'd care to expound, I'm curious as to what's different in the way you look at life since you found out you had a tumor?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

DC47 wrote:You go Brian!

If you'd care to expound, I'm curious as to what's different in the way you look at life since you found out you had a tumor?
If I'm being honest, it didn't change much. I didn't get into this here for a variety of reasons, but the implications of the diagnosis never really had a chance to even sink in because of the circumstances under which it came. I had flown back to Michigan because my grandfather had died and I was trying to help my Mom out of course, so we were at his place up north and that's when I had I had a seizure.

So imagine me, I'm trying to keep it together for my mom, who within two days loses her dad and learns her son has a brain tumor. In a weird way, it was a blessing for me because it never gave me a chance to feel sorry for myself. I went to go see all the doctors and they had good news that it wasn't as bad as it could be, so that was good too, so I just stayed positive about it. (And I'm generally not the most positive of people, which was a little strange.)

But back to your question -- for good or for ill, I feel pretty good about my personal philosophy on life and getting "sick" didn't change that for me. Basically, it involves the golden rule, not suffering fools gladly and trying to live in the moment whenever possible. If anything, it just crystalized that I'm on the right path hopefully.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Real good to hear. Now back to destroying other vital body parts.
DC47
Walter Sobchak

Post by DC47 »

That's quite a story. You're not playing this up, but that was a hard time for you. It's not easy to be taking care of someone else when you've had a hard blow. Perhaps the double adversity caused you to discover a deep well of emotional strength that you didn't previously know.